SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : New Pope Vows to Work to Unify Christians

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I think the "harlot" in a sense is the spirit of apostacy. Pretending to be godly, but being far from God. Thats why it is so seductive... it appeals to men because men have always been decieved into thinking that must earn salvation. In Revelation the Whore is the RCC because the RCC is apostacy personified.

I believe the kings of the earth fornicate for political reasons. Why did G.W. bend his knee before the Pope's lifeless body 2 weeks ago? Because he had no choice... politically he had to do this to show "unity" with other nations, and because if he didnt then American Catholics would have been upset (And Lord knows that evangelical leaders are too limp wristed to speak up!). It was all political manuevering. And I like G.W.! This is a good reason for Christians not to be involved in national politics unless you're willing to be publicly crucified... in order to succeed in politics you must compromise your beliefs.

Krispy

2005/4/20 13:15
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

You know the thing is that this is all doctrine and it's going to happen rather we like it or not, these things are all a part of God's plan for the world, so there is nothing we can do about this but try to reach the lost before this all comes to past. We probably should not condemn the actions of any of the world if this is God's plan, we might be condemning his plan "I personally would not want to do that" but I do want to be a part of helping people be aware of the happenings and helping them achieve salvation through Jesus Christ and if I can do that I think God will honor me for that.

2005/4/20 13:17Profile

Re:

Quote:
You know the thing is that this is all doctrine and it's going to happen rather we like it or not, these things are all a part of God's plan for the world, so there is nothing we can do about this but try to reach the lost before this all comes to past. We probably should not condemn the actions of any of the world if this is God's plan, we might be condemning his plan "I personally would not want to do that" but I do want to be a part of helping people be aware of the happenings and helping them achieve salvation through Jesus Christ and if I can do that I think God will honor me for that.

Hmmm... that had a slight Calvinistic bent to it... :-P

Bill, I'm not fighting against. I'm trying to get the true church to wake up and see that the time is short. So in a way, you and I are saying the same thing. The time is short. Jesus said we would know the season because of the signs.

Y'all... the signs are in neon now... and flashing. Thats why this discussion is good. It's not intended to stop something from happening, it's intended to shake people up and say [i]"Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him"[/i] (Matthew 25:6)

Krispy

2005/4/20 13:22
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Br. Bill wrote:

Quote:
V.9 describes the seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits

There are also 7 continents. North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Austrailia, and Antarctica.

This is in line with the fact that the kings of the earth commit fornication with her.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/4/20 13:25Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Quote:

Hmmm... that had a slight Calvinistic bent to it... :-P

Slight! that is about as pure Calvinism as you will ever see me write. :-P

2005/4/20 13:34Profile

Re:

Quote:
There are also 7 continents. North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Austrailia, and Antarctica.

True... but also, Rome is called "The City of Seven Hills". This verse is a geographical location of the whore.

[i]Rev 17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.[/i]

That verse shows the 7 continents.

Krispy

2005/4/20 13:41
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Here is another example of the harlot and the spell she casts upon the kingdoms of this world. This time Scriptures speak of the city of Tyre.

Is. 23:15 Now it shall come to pass in that day that Tyre will be forgotten seventy years, according to the days of one king. At the end of seventy years it will happen to Tyre as in the song of the harlot:
16 “Take a harp, go about the city,
You forgotten harlot;
Make sweet melody, sing many songs,
That you may be remembered.”

Is. 23:17 And it shall be, at the end of seventy years, that the LORD will deal with Tyre. She will return to her hire, and commit fornication with all the kingdoms of the world on the face of the earth. 18 Her gain and her pay will be set apart for the LORD; it will not be treasured nor laid up, for her gain will be for those who dwell before the LORD, to eat sufficiently, and for fine clothing.

So now we have two cities mentioned in Scripture: Ninevah and Tyre.

The harlot is spiritual. Those who worship her do have a false religion.

in Christ
Jeff

2005/4/20 14:03Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Here I believe is another example of the harlot being sent to a city in the land of Shinar. (Babylon)

Zech. 5:5 Then the angel who talked with me came out and said to me, “Lift your eyes now, and see what this is that goes forth.”

Zech. 5:6 So I asked, “What is it?” And he said, “It is a basket that is going forth.”

He also said, “This is their resemblance throughout the earth: 7 Here is a lead disc lifted up, and this is a woman sitting inside the basket”; 8 then he said, “This is Wickedness!” And he thrust her down into the basket, and threw the lead cover over its mouth. 9 Then I raised my eyes and looked, and there were two women, coming with the wind in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between earth and heaven.

Zech. 5:10 So I said to the angel who talked with me, “Where are they carrying the basket?”

Zech. 5:11 And he said to me, “To build a house for it in the land of Shinar; when it is ready, the basket will be set there on its base.”

Do you see that harlot exists long before the Catholic church?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/4/20 15:50Profile

Re:

Quote:
Do you see that harlot exists long before the Catholic church?

I'm not sure what your point is... are you saying the RCC isnt the whore because a "whore" is mentioned elsewhere in the old testament in the present tense?

First off, it doesnt necessarily mean there is only one harlot. It could be different entities in different dispensations, but all having the harlot spirit... that being apostacy.

I personally believe thats the case. In the dispensation age called the Church Age, which we are now living in, that harlot is apostacy personified in the entity of the Roman Catholic Church... but the spirit of apostacy does not dwell [i]only[/i] in the RCC, it exists in any church or christian that has "fallen away".

As to your reference from Isaiah... this is what the JFB commentary says: [i]It shall be to Tyre as the song of the harlot, namely, a harlot that has been forgotten, but who attracts notice again by her song. Large marts of commerce are often compared to harlots seeking many lovers, that is, they court merchants of all nations, and admit any one for the sake of gain (Nah_3:4; Rev_18:3). Covetousness is closely akin to idolatry and licentiousness, as the connection (Eph_5:5; Col_3:5) proves (compare Isa_2:6-8, Isa_2:16).[/i]

That doesnt seem to make any connection between Rev 17 and Isa 23.

I'm interested in what your point is...

Krispy

2005/4/20 16:00
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re: New Pope Vows to Work to Unify Christians

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
The message was clearly designed to show that Benedict was intent on following many of the groundbreaking paths charted by John Paul, who had made reaching out to other religions and trying to heal the 1,000-year-old schism in Christianity a hallmark of his pontificate.[/i]

Has anyone listened to David WIlkerson's [url="https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=11"]The Vision[/url] (circa 1973). Let's all just tick off another point on the list.

2005/4/21 1:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy