SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : When in US history did the shift begin...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Re:

Maryjane wrote:

"In reading history you can see a real trend or turning of attitudes in this country by the majority of the people beginning to happen I think around the 1900's. From there it is a very rapid decent into where we are now."

The Robber Barons were in large part responsible for the shift. Just like the East India Company corrupted England so too, these Barons began to corrupt this nation. The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. If you read from Scriptures, the same reason is given for the fall of Israel.

God never allows things to just happen. He selects the leaders of the nation, for good or for judgement.

2014/7/28 12:21Profile

Re:

Hi MJ,

It may be helpful to think not so much about America, but the the rest of the world. I believe in an unbroken timeline of events. I do not believe there is a time when things turned and suddenly things began to get worse. History is not viewed in a snapshot, but is one continuing event. If I plant a seed, and I have planted grass seed, for so long it seems like nothing is happening. Yet, much is taking place out of sight, beneath the earth. And after what seems like a very long time, one morning I go out and there it is, tiny little blades of grass springing up everywhere. It was always there, it jut had not broken through the surface and become visible. What you see in nations, including America, is their wickedness coming to fruition. The Scriptures tell us that God is not mocked. What a man sows a man reaps. This is also true of nations including America. It may not seem that way for hundreds of years, but what lies beneath the surface, what was sown, will spring forward and at a time we could not foretell, but God knows and is not mocked. Our day is the beginning of reapings................bro Frank

2014/7/28 12:21
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

America has always had internal issues. From Slavery to women's rights and so on. I think America had its major cultural shift during the 60's and it has only snowballed.

John

2014/7/28 12:36Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Frank wrote:

What you see in nations, including America, is their wickedness coming to fruition. The Scriptures tell us that God is not mocked. What a man sows a man reaps. This is also true of nations including America. It may not seem that way for hundreds of years, but what lies beneath the surface, what was sown, will spring forward and at a time we could not foretell, but God knows and is not mocked. Our day is the beginning of reaping..."

The Book of the Judges is a good reminder of what you wrote above.

There are faithful generations, followed by fundamentalists, followed by ignorant and rebelious generations.

2014/7/28 12:51Profile
rookie

Re:

It is not just the United States, all of Western Culture is rejecting God. I hear that the Church in Europe is like in the days of Elijah.

2014/7/28 13:19Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Every generation right from Adam has been mostly wicked. Even in the small town I live in (about 30,000 people) I only know 2 christians. I know lots of people in church, but I see no fruit in their lives. (I don't go to any church, because I can't find one that preaches the Word of God). I ask some of these professing christians, "do you know God?" and they say "yes". I then ask, "what has God been saying to you lately?" and almost no one can answer that question. They try to change the subject or sidestep around it. If God does not talk to you, you don't know Him. It's that simple.

2014/7/28 14:01Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

Thanks for sharing everyone. I often consider these topics since I love history and as a homeschooling mom teaching United States history topics and discussion come up.
Its always good and interesting to see what others are seeing.

God bless
maryjane

2014/7/28 14:24Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings rookie

We did a unit study not to long ago about the Robber Barons and their part in shaping our nation. Very interesting stuff, your right the corruption and greed for money was a huge part in how things played out.

Thanks for the suggestions in your earlier posts. Will look into that book, I did see that it can be read online.

God bless
maryjane

2014/7/28 14:27Profile
brothagary

Re:

i think the major shift took place with the envention of the tv,, the 1920s

2014/7/28 21:01Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: the shift

I think the real shift came when the Robber Barons left private industry and slithered themselves into government.

The three pillars of prosperity are (1) freedom and opportunity, (2) energy, and (3) morality.

When government and industry conspire to shut these down, people no longer ride the rails of industrious hard work- they slide into the same corruption as their leaders. Poverty and slavery are the inevitable result. Without a spiritual awakening, there can be no hope. Friendship with the world is enmity with God.

The good news- Jesus is exactly Who He says He is, and is listening for our prayers at this very moment!

2014/7/29 1:00Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy