SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Long Beach, CA evangelism; please pray as the Lord leads. Thanks in advance.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Long Beach, CA evangelism; please pray as the Lord leads. Thanks in advance.

By God’s grace I’ve been continuing to hit the streets with the gospel and the Lord has been pleased to show His mercy in allowing me to see some encouraging things recently. Today I teamed up with a brother named David and we went to the corner of PCH and Long Beach Blvd, a busy intersection that we’ve been targeting on Saturdays for the past several weeks. David has been walking with the Lord for about two years and has a lot of zeal to share the gospel and I’ve had the privilege of being sort of a mentor to him recently. As we parked we noticed a homeless lady lying on the pavement. We approached her and gave her a water bottle and a box of nutrition bars and began sharing the gospel with her. She seemed pretty open to what we had to share and she professed to be a Christian. At one point she admitted to having an alcohol problem and a problem with involvement with witchcraft.

As I reasoned with her about the importance of valuing her soul and making sure her soul is right with God, she began weeping loudly and uncontrollably. Then after a bit she began making unintelligible utterances which she seemed to claim was a gift of tongues from God. After she calmed down I continued reasoning with her about the gospel for a while and finally offered her prayer. She accepted the offer and David and I laid hands on her and David anointed her with oil as we prayed for her. At one point as we were praying for her she began to growl very loudly and I knew at that point that it was a demonic manifestation. So we asked the Lord to rebuke any evil spirits and to set her free. After some intense prayer we ended and were going to move on. Then she noticed that some men were watching from a little distance with much interest and that one of them had a cell phone in hand with the camera lens pointed at her. She then got very enraged and began cursing him out and slowly chasing him around a vehicle. I reasoned with her and managed to get her to stop chasing the man. I hope and pray she will be fully delivered and saved. I was reminded of the passage in the Bible which says, “This kind does not come out but by prayer and fasting”, and I was convicted that I had not fasted in preparation. May I be more prepared next time.

We then headed off to the intersection and took turns preaching the gospel with amplification for a few hours with full favor from the police. God has been granting us much favor from the Long Beach Police Department as they have been passing by and not saying anything to us regarding our amplification.

We have been seeing some people very attentive to the gospel message and people have been taking Bibles we set up on a table with a sign that says “Free English Bibles”, as well as many gospel tracts that we set up on the table and hand out. I’ve also had some great gospel conversations with people out there.

A few weeks ago as I was preaching the gospel with David at that same location with amplification a lady came up close to the preaching and just began listening intensely. As I was reasoning about the need for repentance and humbling ourselves before the Lord she suddenly began weeping uncontrollably for what seemed to be a long time. She seemed to be under very heavy conviction of the Holy Spirit and was crying out for God's mercy. It further confirmed to me that the message of repentance is a much needed message today as it has always been. After I was done preaching I approached her and talked with her for a little while. She said that she had been struggling with drugs and that she knew the Lord was convicting her of her sin and that she needed to repent and forsake her sins. She said she had repeated a “sinners’ prayer” multiple times before and asked if I needed to lead her in another sinners prayer. I told her that that was not necessary because God was more concerned with what He saw in her heart and that He knew if she was truly repentant when she cried out to Him. So she thanked me and then left. May the Lord continue to show His mercy to precious souls out there on the streets.

2014/7/27 0:00Profile

Re: Long Beach, CA evangelism; please pray if the Lord so leads you. Thanks in advanc

Praying fervently for you and David and those who hear the gospel from you. May many be set free in Christ, delivered from sin and demons and may the Holy Spirit fall upon Long Beach Blvd and parts surrounding...in the mighty Name of Jesus.

Sister Leslie

2014/7/27 1:58
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Thank you so much my dear sister Leslie! Yours and others' prayers are highly valued. Please do also pray for our protection out there. That particular intersection is gang, drug, and prostitution infested. I'm thinking maybe that's partly why the police don't say anything to us about our speaker. Sometimes they see the good that the gospel message can do even if they themselves are not saved.

Yesterday a drunk man who looked a bit thuggish asked if he could use our amplification to share a message. Thankfully we had been there for a long while already, and I politely turned down his request and told him we were going to be leaving already and he was okay with that. But sometimes if you don't grant that kind of request things can possibly get violent out there.

BTW, the first lady I mentioned also said she had a physical illness with her uterus and a broken wrist. I mention that in case anyone wonders if it was biblical to anoint her with oil before she manifested demons.

2014/7/27 10:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy