SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : The Ten Plagues That Are Hitting America Right Now

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The Ten Plagues That Are Hitting America Right Now

By Michael Snyder, on July 22nd, 2014

Why are so many plagues hitting the United States all of a sudden? Yes, one can always point out bad stuff that is happening somewhere in the country, but right now we are facing a nightmarish combination of crippling drought, devastating wildfires, disastrous viruses, dying crops and superbugs that scientists don’t know how to kill. And as you will see, we even have a plague of flies down in Mississippi. So what in the world is going on? Is this just a case of bad luck, or is something else happening? At the conclusion of this article, please feel free to tell me what you think. The following are ten plagues that are hitting America right now…

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/the-ten-plagues-that-are-hitting-america-right-now

2014/7/24 14:15
MaryJane

Re: The Ten Plagues That Are Hitting America Right Now

Greetings Neil

I have been reading about some of these very same things and found myself asking some questions as well. I would add to the lists some of the things going on with the Ukraine, Israel, and even to some extent the border situation.(not that people crossing over are a plague but rather what crisis could develop because of the situation) The increase in activity around Yellowstone is interesting to see happening as well. In recent weeks they had to close part of the roads due to a change in underground Geothermal activity, some of the road actually began to melt.They did say it has happened before but not to this extent.

I honestly don't know what it all means but I do know each one is a very good reminder to be in prayer, to be seeking JESUS and sharing HIM with those around us. It is clear we are a nation that has turned its back on GOD, we have mocked HIM and shaken our fists at HIM for so long that it is only a testimony of HIS mercy and love that we haven't been dealt with as Sodom and Gomorrah of old were.

I pray often brother, and I shed tears for those who are lost and deceived, no matter what these things mean its clear time is short and we need JESUS...

God bless
maryjane

2014/7/24 17:36Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

The Yellowstone volcano has actually erupted several times in the past.

The ash from one such eruption long ago buried buffalo in the eastern part of the US.

THERE IS TRULY NOTHING NEW UNDER THE SUN.

Fukushima concerns me the most but there is nothing you or I can do about it so why fret? If Godzilla comes, he comes.

2014/7/24 18:43Profile
savannah

Re: 2 Peter 3:11

When professing christians are entertained by, and find to be educational, shows such as 'criminal minds', and even go so far as to say that Jesus Himself is entertained by such, it doesn't surprise me that these same professing christians are so lethargic regarding those things which are Christ's(Phil. 2:21).

And those who point out anything to them are labeled 'Fundamentalists'(whatever that has come to mean in their mind).

And then these label-givers are applauded with an 'amen' from their corner supporters as the crowd cheers them on.

Time will be swallowed up by eternity, so "Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness (2 Peter 3:11).

2014/7/24 21:11Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Here is what I think.

For those who love God, all things work together for good.

2014/7/24 22:17Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Savannah..

I think you meant for your post to be under the Criminal Minds thread.

2014/7/25 8:51Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: The Ten Plagues That Are Hitting America Right Now

I honestly do not know what to think of this writers analysis of natural catastrophic events.

On the one hand, events like this have occurred many times throughout history. Are they escalating in frequency? in divers places? Perhaps, but with modern communication it would appear they are more frequent then normal. On the other hand, if it were to happen in my community I would likely be concerned, too.

In our community it appears farmers are fixing to harvest good crops once it begins - not sure of the price they will be getting. On the personal level for us, we grew the best tasting tomatoes ever - so good they are superior to garden produced ones, but the buyers were not there as before-time. One can blame the economy because too many industries have left the area; gas prices are high...Sometimes when we feel our security threatened we think the end-times are upon us but never consider what we experience is not as bad as what is normal in other parts of the globe.

In times past there were serious catastrophic events - like the time the temps dropped 80+ degrees in one day, freezing animals and fowl alike that were out in the field. You have the dust bowl days in the southwestern USA; in the 1800s there was the year without a summer in the USA - these are a few that come to my mind.

I do not know. It would help if the writer were to gather the stats of these events, compile them into a graph. There are graphs that show the frequency of earthquakes and they are increasing in frequency, but am not sure of the other calamities. Of course, some are man-made, like STDs...

Dunno...but it bears watching but above all we need to stay close to the LORD so we will be ready for whatever may happen that will upset our physical security.

My understanding at the moment.

2014/7/25 15:35Profile

Re: sister ginny

you might want to look at the ebola thread.....a woman who has the pathogens was just "freed" from the hospital by family members in one of the most dysfunctional cities of 1 million souls in Africa.....Freetown, Sierra Leone

this has the potential to be very serious.

2014/7/25 20:13

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy