Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I watched "Heaven is for Real"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Compton

Re:

Hi everyone,

The best thing I can say about the movie was that it was well acted overall, with a few heartwarming moments. It occasionally tried hard to be profound and mysterious, but too often resorted to cheesey and sentimental tropes such as sparkling angels, dreamy choir music, and big puffy clouds.

For those who haven't seen it, imagine if M. Night Shyamalan made a Hallmark Channel original movie.

Mike

2014/7/24 12:28Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Solomon... Read the book. Anyone with a lick of discernment can see it for what it is.

Actually rainbow colored unicorns would be pretty cool. Maybe there are fairies and red white and blue sasquatches too. Awesome.

2014/7/24 13:07Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Solomon101,

According to the movie, we know that a particular man is going to heaven because God loves him more than his mother who hopes he's there. And if she wants him there and God loves him more, than surely he is there.

That's heretical universalistic nonsense at best.

And of ALL THE ACCOUNTS of heaven in Scripture, Colton's match none of them. The accounts within Scripture are consistent and talk about the glory of God there. Colton's accounts are reminiscent of a lost person's idea of heaven.

It is a strong delusion that is being sent. I believe colton saw something and knows information that was impossible for him to know--but signs and wonders don't = truth just because they are supernatural.

The problem is that if an adult said this, no one would believe him, but since a child said it, they believe that he is pure and undefiled and so it must be true.

Demons deceive adults and children alike. There is nothing in Scripture that says that children are innocent enough to experience those things or be free of deception and should be believed.

Everything Colton says must be within the confines of Scripture. If God wanted us to know this or that extra, it would be in the Scripture.

Proverbs 30:5-6 says this:

Quote:

Every word of God is pure;
He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.
Do not add to His words,
Lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar.

2014/7/24 14:00Profile

Brother Mikey Compton

been too long since we chatted, my beloved brother.

Too long, miss hearing your voice. is my email still on profile, coz I don't whether the number I have in my phone book (which is hiding) is right?

I didn't see the movie, seemed sappy, but that's me. My feelings are that ANYTHING that draws people CLOSER to a salvation Knowledge of God and Messiah Jesus, I bless God.

I always feel warm in the Spirit, reading Hebrews 13, the description and attendance of the New Jerusalem.

i love you my brother, neil

2014/7/24 14:01
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

Re:

Quoted by TMK:

"Actually rainbow colored unicorns would be pretty cool. Maybe there are fairies and red white and blue sasquatches too. Awesome."

----------

LOL! You are absolutely hilarious TMK :)

2014/7/24 15:59Profile
Compton

Re: Brother Mikey Compton

HezWelling,

Maybe we can catch up sometime soon. I'm in Chicago several times a year as well.

Best,

mike

2014/7/27 21:24Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I, for one, also believe there are saints who have had a vision of heaven or life beyond. Some call it Near-Death-Experiences (NDE). I also believe the devil will give some as well making the unrepentant believe they are ok.

How to discern which is which may not be so hard when we consider the message this person is sharing after he/she relates their experience.

I have read the book "Heaven is for Real". I looked up the incident about Colton speaking of swords. In it he says the angels have swords, not the people, that are used to keep the devil out. The writer goes on to mention the words of Jesus when He told his disciples where he saw Satan fall as lightning from heaven; also where Gabriel fought with the "King of Persia." There is another verse that tells us that Satan did have access to the throne and this is found in Job 1:6-12.

I never saw the video and do not plan to but did read the book.

2014/7/29 21:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy