Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I watched "Heaven is for Real"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
havok20x

Pineville, LA

I watched "Heaven is for Real"

So a friend of mine and I watched the movie "Heaven is for Real" last night. I was pretty skeptical, but now I am very sure that the events portrayed in the movie are either highly inaccurate and/or doctrines of demons.

I highly DON'T recommend this movie.

Not only is the tendency of the movie very, very universalist, but also it presents ideas not remotely found in scriptures.

None of the descriptions of heaven match any of the consistent descriptions of heaven, the Lord, or Jesus found in the scriptures.

Has anyone read the book? Is it anything at all like the movie?

2014/7/23 16:43Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: I watched "Heaven is for Real"

I actually downloaded the audio book, and could not even listen to it all, and have had no desire to go back and finish listening to it.

2014/7/23 18:16Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Sitting in the little waiting room while my daughter was in her guitar lesson moments ago, I saw a flyer for a local church in my former denomination that is playing the movie this Friday night as an outdoor event.

I just shook my head and wondered how they went so wrong.

2014/7/23 18:27Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Dolfan, I don't know that everyone even knows that it is a problem. That is why God puts discernment and wisdom in congregations, so that they can warn and exhort other believers.

2014/7/23 20:08Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I had red flags popping up all over the place when I heard about the rainbow unicorns and other such nonsense.

When they started selling all of the offshoot merchandise like small group study guides and probably the heaven is for real bibles I knew immediately this was a sham. I do not believe there was anything innocent about it and sadly the kid is being used and manipulated and possibly brainwashed.

2014/7/23 21:13Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Colton also said that everyone in heaven carries a sword. The reason he gave for this was because the swords were assurance against the possibility of Satan reentering heaven. A sword is a man-made instrument used to defend against or do battle with other human beings. In a spirit world it would be ineffective. God wouldn’t need to arm everyone with swords to keep Satan from entering heaven. Would not the very light of his glory be enough to deter Satan from ever wanting to get near to him?

2014/7/23 21:30Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re:

The world loves religion and mankind seems painfully prone to the illusions of hope. They have seized upon the word heaven, and it is thrown about recklessly.

Heaven is where people go when they die. Heaven is a box of Lindor chocolates and an afternoon of leisure. Heaven is where I'll be if I manage to seduce the secretary at the front desk. Heaven is a limo ride to box seats at the Super Bowl.

Big let-down coming. The real heaven is blood-bought believers in the presence of their Savior.

Didn't see the movie, but it doesn't sound like that part made the final cut...

2014/7/23 23:20Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:

Heaven is a box of Lindor chocolates and an afternoon of leisure. Heaven is where I'll be if I manage to seduce the secretary at the front desk. Heaven is a limo ride to box seats at the Super Bowl.

Folks don't have a high view of heaven, do they? (Oh, I know you spoke facetiously, but there is too much truth in what you said.)

I love to think of heaven, don't you? It is so inspiring to let my imagination run on what it would be like - all inspired by the descriptions given in Revelation.

On the flip side, when I think of hell I am absolutely horrified. Absolutely. So much it about drives me crazy if I think too long about it. And then many folks use the word carelessly - "Get the hell outta here!" "What the hell..." How can people be so careless about something so horrible? I do not understand unless the devil has blinded them so bad...this blindfold must be made of the most dense cloth, so dense no light can shine through.

Anyhow, my thoughts on this subject this morning..

God bless.

2014/7/24 8:41Profile
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

I have not yet watched the movie so I don't have any opinion on it yet. I will wait until I actually see it to form an opinion. It is foolish to speak definitively about things that we have no first hand knowledge about.

However, some of the comments made so far make me shake my head. For example ....

TMK stated

Quote:
I had red flags popping up all over the place when I heard about the rainbow unicorns and other such nonsense.

Again, I have not seen the movie. However, why does a multicolored animal set you off? Do you think it is possible that God has created animals that are beyond our small and limited human experience? Do you feel that you personally know the ends of the vastness and greatness of God's creative abilities? Is there even on shred of scripture that indicates He has revealed all the wonders, glories, diversity, and hitherto unknown or seen elements of heaven to you or any human so that you, or we, could have even a remotely accurate ability to determine everything that the next world holds? Upon what scriptural grounds do you base the statement that a multicolored animal in heaven is nonsense? There are a few scriptures that indicate we might not have anything but the most shadowy and vague insight into the heavenly world. You will recall several scriptures referring to "living creatures" and the Biblical author having a difficulty explaining a description. It would seem that is because we do not have anything on earth to accurately compare it to. Things about “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him” in 2 Corinthians. I have no idea if there are rainbow colored unicorns in heaven or not. The scripture gives us absolutely no way to determine that. Why is it you believe you are so prophetically perceptive that you definitively know God has not, will not, and did not create such a creature. Further, if he did create such a creature why in the world do you think he would have ever let you know about it at this point?

MrBill Pro stated

Quote:
Colton also said that everyone in heaven carries a sword. The reason he gave for this was because the swords were assurance against the possibility of Satan reentering heaven. A sword is a man-made instrument used to defend against or do battle with other human beings. In a spirit world it would be ineffective. God wouldn’t need to arm everyone with swords to keep Satan from entering heaven. Would not the very light of his glory be enough to deter Satan from ever wanting to get near to him?

Again, I have not seen the movie yet so perhaps my perspective may change on this point. However, a few things stick out to me immediately. I would like to respond briefly to a few of your statements -

1. If this was a true prophetic experience then I would immediately recognize the sword being seen as representing the Word of God. All the people stayed constantly armed with the Words of God. It was always at their side. True ... a man made sword is ineffective against satan ... but God's sword is not. You have to consider that in light of verses like
Quote:
the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, (Eph 6:17 ESV) and Therefore repent. If not, I will come to you soon and war against them with the sword of my mouth (Rev 2:16 ESV) and Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war. 12 His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many diadems, and he has a name written that no one knows but himself. 13 He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God. 14 And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, were following him on white horses. 15 From HIS MOUTH COMES A SHARP SWORD with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. - (REV 19:11-15 ESV) CAPS mine for emphasis)

It also begs the question ... when Jude & Enoch stated

Quote:
Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of his holy ones, 15 to execute judgment on all and to convict all the ungodly of all their deeds of ungodliness that they have committed in such an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things that ungodly sinners have spoken against him.” 16 These are grumblers, malcontents, following their own sinful desires; they are loud-mouthed boasters, showing favoritism to gain advantage. - (Jude 14-16 ESV)

What exactly do we expect to be armed with? What exactly do we expect to be armed with in the last battle? I expect to be armed with the armor of God ... which will include a sword ... a sword of The Spirit ... which is the forever settled Word of God.

I have no problem with everyone in heaven having a sword. Scripture clearly indicates there are a few battles left to finish and the believers will be part of them. I think you are looking at the sword in the natural only ... it is spiritual. Again, I haven't seen the movie but if it was a true prophetic experience then the meaning seems pretty clear.

2. MBP said,

Quote:
"God wouldn’t need to arm everyone with swords to keep Satan from entering heaven. Would not the very light of his glory be enough to deter Satan from ever wanting to get near to him?".

We generally believe that because of the verses in Revelation that talk about all the things that cannot enter there. However, that does appear to be after a future judgement. Eschatology aside we also have clear Biblical evidence of satan entering into heaven after his fall and becoming the adversary. For example -

Quote:
there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them. 7 The Lord said to Satan, “From where have you come?” Satan answered the Lord and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking up and down on it.”
(Job 1:6 ESV) and
the Lord said to Satan, “From where have you come?” Satan answered the Lord and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking up and down on it.” ..... So Satan went out FROM THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD - (Job 2:6-7 ESV) Caps mine for emphasis

It is clear that there have been times that satan entered into the presence of God with the angelic host that did not follow his rebellion but stayed loyal to Jehovah God.

It seems to me that the attacks made at the movie in this thread so far are incredibly shallow. The two above examples I gave are just a sample. Believers have swords ... and God may have created multi colored animals without revealing it to you. That's it ... that's setting of flags, alarm bells, ... and roundly bringing criticism unto labeling it "a sham ... brainwashing ... and doctrines of demons" in posts on this thread ?!?!?!?

Hmmm very interesting

2014/7/24 12:00Profile

Re: I watched "Heaven is for Real"

I believe these revelations are true. [edit rest]

edit: I'm sorry for my comment. I rather should have been praying.

2014/7/24 12:11

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy