SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christian Holocaust Underway in Iraq

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Christian Holocaust Underway in Iraq

When U.S. troops invaded Iraq in 2003, there were at least 1.5 million Christians in Iraq. Over the last ten years, significantly in the last few months with the emergence of ISIS, that figure has dropped to about 400,000.

In a region where Christians predate Muslims by centuries, over one million Christians have been killed or have had to flee because of jihadi persecution, while America is basically standing by and watching. This is the sad news that Breitbart’s National Security Editor and one of the world’s leading experts on asymmetric warfare, Dr. Sebastian Gorka, brought to Breitbart News Saturday, hosted by Editor in Chief Alex Marlow on Sirius XM Patriot Radio.

Dr. Gorka explained that “in the last 48 hours, ISIS, which is now called the Islamic State in Mosul, has painted the letter “N” for Nazarene on the houses of all the surviving Christians in the city. ISIS has basically given an ...

read more: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/07/19/Christian-Holocaust-Underway-in-Iraq-as-USA-and-World-Looks-On

2014/7/22 11:06Profile
MaryJane

Re: Christian Holocaust Underway in Iraq

Greetings Greg

I was just talking about this the other day. Its strange with all the US has done in the name of trying to help the people in Iraq it seems that for many the situation has only gotten worse. I pray for those who are being persecuted.

God bless
maryjane

2014/7/22 11:26Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:

it seems that for many the situation has only gotten worse.

MaryJane, I read recently - and I do not recall where - who made the case that whenever the USA send their military into a country to assist them (in particular the middle east), the situation for the Believers got decidedly worse - just like you observed. If I find it I will either email it to you or will post it here.

2014/7/22 20:50Profile

Re:

"whenever the USA send their military into a country to assist them (in particular the middle east), the situation for the Believers got decidedly worse "

Maybe we are told the military is here to "assist". But the reality is different.

Biblically speaking we can't shoot the powers of darkness. We need the light, the Light of the World.
Here is an interesting story that some of you might have seen already: http://www.shepherd.to/Victory/testimonies/Japan.htm

"So this is what comes out of only a Bible and a couple of old guys who wanted to live like Jesus!', Then, with a glance at a shell-hole,he murmured, "Maybe we're using the wrong kind of weapons."

2014/7/23 4:30

Re:

Truly onny the Word of God can bring hope into Iraq.

Blaine

2014/7/23 10:59
HeartSong

Praying!

2014/7/23 17:25Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

There are many articles on the web detailing the loss of Christians from Middle eastern countries. Some of it is due to low birth rates but most because of opposition and persecution.

And I am still thinking and wondering....Is it possible that God is using persecution, oppression against Believers to get them out of the area so he can rain judgment upon his enemies? Jesus tells us in Matthew that when they see these things happen they are to flee. Many assume he was talking about the destruction of Jerusalem; others believe His warning is not limited to that particular time and era and I agree. Is it possible that God is allowing persecution to come upon Christians to get them out of the area, to spare them the calamity that is sure to come? This idea just keeps nagging me making me believe we may soon be seeing an explosion of a sort. Don't know.

Anybody else have this sense?

2014/7/23 19:11Profile

Re:

Ginny never thought of God shifting the Christians to spare them from judgement. But it does make sense.

We are also calling the salvation of souls from the Islamic state so that they would come to saving faith and life in Jesus.

Blaine

2014/7/23 19:25
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Blaine, I never thought of it before, either, until recently when I keep reading reports of Christians leaving the area. I am sure God is in control of these events but the question then comes, "why?"

If one removes the salt from an area you will have unleashed lawlessness upon society.

Just am wondering what God is up to because it looks like a strategy is in place. It does not appear to be haphazard but organized.

I am not confused, just full of questions.

2014/7/23 22:09Profile

Re:

Sandra it is a legitimate question to ask. We need to be discerning in these times and ask what God is doing. If we stay in prayer before Him, He will lead and give discernment.

By the way I never took your post to imply confusion. Just asking what is happening in these end times.

Be blessed, my sister. I always appreciate the wisdom that come out of your posts.

Blaire

2014/7/23 23:04

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy