SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : response to those coming through mexico illegally

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
rainydaygirl

response to those coming through mexico illegally

i noticed even though the immigration issue has been in the news for a few weeks now, no one has really touched on this topic. i just wonder, what do those who come to the forum think as a Christin our repose to the situation should be. i read that some churches are now being asked along the border to help house some of those who have come in illegally, and that church members are being asked to open up their homes too?

any thoughts on this topic
rdg

2014/7/16 12:03Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: response to those coming through mexico illegally

If one of these from Mexico come across and get truly born-again by Christian hospitality and love they must then pray and ask the Lord's will if to go back to Mexico to be a light of the world there or to stay in the USA.

Some might be led back to be obedient to the law and not desire to transgress or give the appearance of evil.

2014/7/16 12:14Profile
havok20x

Re:

As a stranger in this land, myself (since my citizenship is in heaven) I am inclined to not be as hard on some of these immigrants as my other southern friends.

However:

1) It is illegal.

2) If they want to be a citizen of this country, then there is a process by which they can attain that. So they should go that route.

That being said, as a Christian, if I am in a situation in which an illegal immigrant is on my doorstep, I am going to do my best to take care of them, witness to them, and hopefully lead them to the Lord. I think the way Paul dealt with Onesimus is an excellent example to follow.

Do I want them to go back to Mexico? Yes, I do, if that is what the Lord wills. Am I going to resort to violence to get them back there. No way. Do I think that illegal immigrants are ruining our country? I refuse to answer that, because I think laziness on the part of Americans is far more devastating to our country than any 10's of thousands of illegals ever could be.

2014/7/16 12:49Profile

Re:

I wonder how this may relate to the Good Samaritan parable? If we knew or surmised the circumstances by which the injured man ended up in his predicament then would that change the desired reaction to coming across someone who just needed help? Maybe we would pass judgement and rush on by?

When I look into the eyes of people with placards screaming " go home," I do not see the face of Jesus........bro Frank

2014/7/16 13:07
rainydaygirl

Re:

so do you believe that all these people coming should be allowed to stay even though they have broken the law in doing so?

if a church refuses to ask its members to home these people do you thing they are in sin for doing so? if a member who is concerned about sickness and criminal aspect refuses to open their home to illegal immigrants would they be in sin?

rdg

2014/7/16 14:26Profile
havok20x

Re:

Would you help someone who was a liar, if it gave you the opportunity to present to them the Gospel?

2014/7/16 14:38Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

havok20x
i would help them only if the Lord led me to do so. i would pray about it first and then follow His leading. if i was not moved by the Holy Spirit to act then i think it would be sin to do otherwise wouldn't it?

i know there are some moms who are concerned about their own young children becoming sick because of some of the diseases being carried by some of those seeking to come here. do you think they are wrong for not wanting to expose their children, or for wanting to protect them from some of the criminal aspect that is getting through?

rdg

2014/7/16 14:43Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

At what point is aiding and abetting criminal behavior ok?

That is what makes this issue difficult. I personally would not illegally emigrate into another country, with no intention of learning their language and then expect their citizens to take care of me with their hard earned tax dollars that are already squandered by their government. My stepdaughter has to teach her 2nd grade class where half the kids cannot speak English and their parents who speak very limited English blatantly state that they will not teach them English.

The immorality of what these illegal immigrants are doing seems shocking to me.

Quite frankly I am not sure what Jesus would do. As far as I can tell he did not have to deal with this issue.

I am all for showing compassion but I am not for enabling criminal activity. Get here through legal channels and then we will talk about compassion. It is a much easier conversation at that point.

2014/7/16 14:47Profile
havok20x

Re:

Our default setting, in my opinion, should be to help unless told otherwise.

The Lord is capable of protecting us from diseases and such, and if your children are vaccinated, then they should be okay.

It is illegal in Texas to pick up hitch hikers. I do it anyway. Am I a criminal? I guess so, but I am doing what I am commanded to do by the Lord and helping people who need it. I won't pick them up if it seems to me that the Holy Spirit is telling me otherwise.

I don't want illegal immigrants coming here and raising my taxes and all of that, but I am called to something greater than that. I am called to advance the kingdom and I desire (although I am not always consistent) to do that by any means possible.

If the Lord can be glorified and I can impact eternity, why would I not take the opportunity? I am not saying to give anyone amnesty, but I must help them.

(edit: making the following less accusatory. Sorry, again, RDG.)

ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Everyone. If the issue is that they are law-breakers or sinners, then we ought never help anyone.

I don't have children or a wife. It is just me. So I don't have to concern myself about my family's well-being or their health; however, I would pray if the Lord wanted me to have that attitude in the first place. If so, then I should obey. If not, then I should be transformed by the renewing of my mind.

2014/7/16 15:15Profile
havok20x

Re:

Again, Paul's actions in Philemon are an excellent example for us.

2014/7/16 15:17Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy