SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Judges 2:1-7 NASB

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re:

Havok, you are wise beyond your years- may God's wisdom continue to fill your heart and mind!

In another thread I lamented the change in music in modern churches, how the musical path to the throne of God is so hard to find these days. The music from today's "worship teams" is often written by youth much more attuned to the god of this world, a few gospel words thrown in. It is loud, sensual, grammatically incoherent, theologically vacuous. It is the music of self-congratulating youth.

As Andrew has observed, sacred things of great power have been handed over to children. They do not know how to use it, fix it, or even learn from it.

A few years ago I called on Len Ravenhill at his home in Lindale Texas and spent about an hour just soaking in the wisdom of a somewhat cantankerous old man. We had some shared memories of earlier times and people, but the best was just listening. I treasure those moments as one of the high points of my life.

My prayer is that I too would be a wise old man, slow to judge, eager to learn, gracious to those younger who cross my path.

And I am always listening for music born of the Spirit of God!

2014/7/18 11:40Profile
havok20x

Re:

Quote:
My prayer is that I too would be a wise old man, slow to judge, eager to learn, gracious to those younger who cross my path.

I said something very similar to a friend one time and her response: " wow! You've got a really long way to go!"

2014/7/19 8:10Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re:

It might be a long way to go, but when agape love is the currency, the journey is a wonderful pleasure.

Sorry, Sandra! We seem to have hijacked the thread! I just don't understand the incident you referenced, how the Angel of the Lord appeared and ministered there. Perhaps there was more going on than is recorded in the Scripture prompting the unusual visit, no way to determine that.

I am just so full of illumination this morning...!

2014/7/19 13:34Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

No, Tom, you folks did not hijack this thread. Likely I started it and others wrote what was on their hearts. AND...I am so glad they did - it does encourage me.

It used to be one could feel secure with other Believers - and you can - but there are too many who say one thing and live another. I am not sure if the situation is getting worse or is it that I am older and I can discern better what is going on.

As I reflect on the the apostasy among those I know well and wonder what happened, I am reminded of a phrase one used to hear years ago: Gospel-hardened. This happens when people have heard the Gospel so many times they get weary of it, hardening their heart in the process and in time find themselves among the scoffers.

As I reflect on folks who have become Gospel-hardened I wonder how it could have been prevented? Any thoughts?

(Havok - I love the passion you have for the LORD. Keep it up!)

Sandra

2014/7/19 19:08Profile
havok20x

Re:

Thank y'all for the encouragement. You are too gracious. Anything I have, I received. The Lord is good!

2014/7/19 21:24Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy