SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Church of England votes 'yes' to women bishops

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Church of England votes 'yes' to women bishops

The Church of England voted on Monday to allow women to become bishops, a historic decision which overturns centuries of tradition in a Church that has been deeply divided over the issue.

Two years ago, a similar proposal failed narrowly due to opposition from traditionalist lay members, to the dismay of modernisers, the Church hierarchy and politicians.

But after a five-hour debate on Monday, the General Synod, the governing body of the Church of England, voted overwhelmingly in favour of an amended plan at its meeting in the northern English city of York. ...

read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/14/us-religion-anglican-women-idUSKBN0FJ1GE20140714

2014/7/15 10:21Profile
havok20x

Re: Church of England votes 'yes' to women bishops

The article said this:

Quote:

Allowing women to become bishops is another long overdue step towards gender equality in senior positions.

My response: No. This is not gender equality. This is the exhaltation of the responsibilities of men and the diminishment of the responsibilities of women.

Let's talk tie-down roping. There are two competitors working together to get the prize. The man and a horse. If you have two horses out there, no one is going to rope the steer. If you have 2 men out there they won't be fast enough out of the shute and they'll be working against each other to try to rope the steer. You have to have 2 co-laboring competitors with 2 different jobs in order to accomplish the goal--catching the steer.

edit: I meant tie-down roping.

2014/7/15 15:51Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
My response: No. This is not gender equality. This is the exhaltation of the responsibilities of men and the diminishment of the responsibilities of women.

Let's talk steer wrestling. There are two competitors working together to get the prize. The man and a horse. If you have two horses out there, no one is going to rope the steer. If you have 2 men out there they won't be fast enough out of the shute and they'll be working against each other to try to rope the steer. You have to have 2 co-laboring competitors with 2 different jobs in order to accomplish the goal--catching the steer.

Excellent point havok20x.

2014/7/15 16:36Profile
Man0fG0d

Re:

Jesus's answer to the "church" of England is the same as the church of Thyatira, Repent!

Revelation 2:18-23 KJV
And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;

[19] I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

[20] Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols

. [21] And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

[22] Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds .

Revelation 2:23
And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

2014/7/15 18:51Profile
brothagary

Re:

i felt in my heart this is the start of gods judgment on the church

2014/7/16 3:10Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy