SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Do Moses and Jesus Have Equal Authority Over the Believer?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Of course brother, you can email me anytime.

2014/8/15 14:25Profile
yuehan

Re:

Thanks Travis for your earlier post on page 7 - that was beautifully written.

(one correction - I think it should be "*holy* ordinances meant to discipline and condemn a carnal man.")

I believe that the proof of the pudding is in its eating - right theology would lead to right living, and vice versa...

2014/8/15 18:21Profile

Re:

I remember my experiences in a Baptist church of a certain theological persuasion. Their theme was right theology produces right action.

Tragically the two main teaching elders were caught in a five year homosexual affair. The church never recovered from that experience.

Theology or the Bible us nothing without the Holy Spirit.

Blaine

2014/8/15 19:50
brothagary

Re:

i also remeber my experence in a pentacostal church that was all about the spirit there theam was hering gods voice

the paster ended up going through a court battel for decieveing a youg girl of many thousads of dollars to renavate his house and build underneath his house

spirit on its own with out good theoligy will led into deception and possesion

2014/8/15 20:20Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Quote:
I remember my experiences in a Baptist church of a certain theological persuasion. Their theme was right theology produces right action.

Tragically the two main teaching elders were caught in a five year homosexual affair. The church never recovered from that experience.

Theology or the Bible us nothing without the Holy Spirit.

Clearly they did not have right theology nor right application nor were they walking by the spirit.

I am sure this particular church claimed to be reformed. However they obviously did not believe "If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth."

I have the Spirit. Why am I faulted for pursuing a solid theology as well.

2014/8/16 11:47Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

How can one separate right theology from the power and ministry of the Holy Spirit? A right understanding of scripture is impossible apart from the Holy Spirit. This is the whole point that Paul is making in 1 Cor. chapter 2. The natural man cannot receive the things of the Spirit. And, a person cannot rightly walk in the things of the Spirit of God without being submitted to the word of God, for the word is Spirit and it is life.

I have never seen a person or a group who focused on an intellectual pursuit of doctrine to the exclusion of the Holy Spirit that did not eventually get off course to one degree or another. Recall MacArthur's implication that Pentecostals were not even saved. And I have never seen a person or a group who focused on the Holy Spirit to the exclusion of sound Biblical doctrine that did not eventually get weird or flaky. Just look at many in the Apostolic/Prophetic movement.

Right theology does not automatically produce right action. Spiritual rebirth bears the fruit of holiness as the believer submits himself to the word of God, the Spirit of God, and the body of Christ for mutual instruction and edification. We BECOME righteous by regeneration. We then bear the fruit of what we have become as we submit ourselves to God and learn to walk in the Spirit.

Unfortunately there are many who have good doctrine that get carnal and walk after the flesh. There are many who have experienced the power of the Holy Spirit who get carnal and walk after the flesh. There are many who have been deceived into believing that intellectual pursuit and an informed decision to convert to Christianity is somehow synonymous with regeneration. There are also many who have been deceived into believing that an emotional experience is synonymous with regeneration and the power of the Holy Spirit. These things are just not so.

2014/8/16 12:04Profile

Re:

Brethren,

I remember reading about a VOM medical worker recounting his experiences in Nigeria. He spoke of the persecuted saints in that nation. The worker said that these precious Saints could not articulate the finer points of the Calvinistic Arminian arguments. They did not pursue what we would call deep the theology. But the worker said when they would be faced with an sword wielding Islamic jihadist who demanded they recite the Islamic creed. These Nigerian Saints would reply, "No Jesus is Lord!". The worker said suddenly their theology became very, very deep.

I remember a brother sharing with me that one hour spent in the presence of someone who has gone through persecution will expose the shallowness of our Western American Christianity.

God grant my theology would be to say Jesus is Lord and say it in love to my persecutors when face to face with them.

My thoughts.

Blaine

2014/8/16 12:12
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Edit

I bow out. Thanks for the discussion. I love you guys.

2014/8/16 12:25Profile

Re:

Brothers I think I too will bow out. There has been some good discussion. I value what each person has contributed. But I think this thread has run its course.

Though we may have a different perspective on this issue. What I respect about each one of you is that you have a love for God's Word.

My love to each and everyone of you.

Blaine

2014/8/16 15:41

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy