SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : First smartphone...ringtone Revival Hymn

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rookie

First smartphone...ringtone Revival Hymn

As my name implies, I am a first week rookie with my first smartphone which is an Iphone 5c.

Is there a way to make my ringtone the first part of the Revival Hymn?

2014/7/14 12:47Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: First smartphone...ringtone Revival Hymn

Yes I believe you can if you have a program to edit the mp3 file of that compilation. You prob need the first 15 seconds or so. Or you might be able to use a generic ring tone generator and just select the portion you want.

2014/7/14 13:31Profile

I looked and I don't think you can add an MP3 as a ringtone on the iPhone, at least I can't on mine. You can only purchase ones from the Store.

2014/7/14 18:15
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

curses- foiled again!

2014/7/14 18:58Profile

Re:

You can set an alarm on the iPhone with an MP3, but i guess not a ringtone.

2014/7/14 19:01
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Jeff, This can be easily accomplished on your iphone using the itunes software.

1. open itunes and select EDIT->PREFERENCES and then select the check box marked "Tones"

2. download the following ringtone that I created from the Revival Hymn, it has been converted to m4r format to work as a ringtone. I just randomly selected about a 15 second portion from the beginning where Ian Paisley shouts "wake it up you sleepy Christians..." By the way, I used the free program Audacity to grab the portion that I wanted and convert it to m4r. Nice little app for working with audio including creating your own compilations.

http://users.aspect1.net/~ronh/Download/RevivalHymn.m4r

3.Once you have saved that file to a folder on your hard drive, simply double click it and itunes will open and you will find the file under the "Tones" section of your library.

4. Connect your iphone to your computer and once itunes has recognized it drag the ringtone from your library to the iphone. done.

In Christ,

Ron

2014/7/14 22:13Profile
rookie

Re:

Ron,

Thank you for your help. And the exact 15 seconds I thought of converting, you have already done.

I rarely carried a cell phone in the past. And the times that I did and when it rang, others would have to tell me that it was my cell ringing. I will not have that problem now.

Thank you brother.

Jeff

2014/7/15 6:55Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Ron wrote: "By the way, I used the free program Audacity to grab the portion that I wanted and convert it to m4r. Nice little app for working with audio including creating your own compilations."

Agreed... I have created a few using Audacity. Pretty user friendly but creating a comp of any length is fairly time consuming.

Thanks for solving this problem. By the way, on that link you shared what is that? I mean how did you get that URL for that file you created? I've always wondered how to share comps I have created other than YouTube or Dropbox. Since the files are large they can't be emailed and you can't upload mp3s onto FB.

2014/7/15 7:38Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
By the way, on that link you shared what is that? I mean how did you get that URL for that file you created?

That url is for my personal website, many third-party ISP's will provide a little server space for personal websites. It's just a site that I maintain for family and friends and I can use it for the odd download such as in this case.

In Christ,

Ron

2014/7/15 11:41Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Got it-- thx!

2014/7/15 12:01Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy