SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Random Sermon of the Week (7/13/2014-7/19/2014)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
havok20x

Random Sermon of the Week (7/13/2014-7/19/2014)

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=7998&commentView=itemComments

Title: The Principals by which Jesus Lived
Speaker: Zac Poonen

2014/7/13 14:48Profile
mama27

Re: Random Sermon of the Week (7/13/2014-7/19/2014)

Just finished listening to this....I wouldn't call it a "wow" message, but clearly one worth listening to and applying to my own life for self-examination. I especially take heed to the description of one older in the faith who has a "spiritual odor" of superiority, whereby those younger do not want to be around it or to listen. I know my prodigals are far from God in rebellion, but I want to be oh so careful not to exhibit spiritual superiority with them....I do not want to have that odor... Also, it is not Bible knowledge, or even claiming verses (as we are so often taught) that makes the difference, but knowing the Father....Thanks for posting.

2014/7/13 17:54Profile
havok20x

Re:

Wow. I am really beginning to like Zac Poonen.

Here are 2 quotes that I thought were outstanding:

Quote:
Eternal life is not living forever anywhere--people who go to hell also live forever, but it's got nothing to do with length of life; it's got to do with knowing a person.

Quote:
"His faith was based, not on a knowledge of the Bible, but on the knowledge of His Father, and there's a world of difference between faith baised on a knowledge of some promise and faith based on knowing how good a Father I have in heaven.

And my response would be from Psalm 119:5-6 and Philippians 3:

"Oh, that my ways were directed
To keep Your statutes!
Then I would not be ashamed,
When I look into all Your commandments."

"Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead."

2014/7/17 14:15Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy