SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Practicing the Presence of God

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: I think the idea is that if we are trying to keep God in the front of our minds then breath prayers will come naturally. The alternative is our natural man coming our naturally, and who wants that?

What you have described is a form of godliness, but has no power over sin. It’s a discipline to try and suppress the carnal nature.

2014/7/14 9:51Profile

Re:

Quote:
breand i find it a huge contradiction ,that you would preach the spirit batism as the means to reach the holy intamant leval with god ,,and then talk about christian mystasisim as the path

There is no contradiction. The aim is what mystics call union and what evangelicals call baptism of the Spirit, the effect is the same though the pathway in the mystical tradition is of three stages and involved the same practices of repentance and obedience to the light given. It is falsely believed that mystics think that it is their efforts which achieve the aim but this only applies to eastern mysticism.

2014/7/14 10:02
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

As others have shared many godly men including John Wesley have spoken well of this book and author as a help in our spiritual walk towards God. Brother Lawrence did not teach "breath prayer" as one poster has said and also the majority of Christians do not either. I personally am not aware of any evangelicals who do but I am sure there are a few. Reading discernment sites do not get us closer to God but fill us with confusion, hurt, and dismay. If we seek to be closer to God in prayer then He will give us all the discernment we need by the Holy Spirit.

Tozer and others have believed also there are true believers in the Catholic church as well in other earlier churches. We as evangelicals believe the Church began with martin luther but there was 1500 of Church history before this. We should be open to learn some of the godly traditions of fasting and prayer that the Church has excelled in for 1500+ years.

A note for Gary: Brother thank you for all you write but I have to comment on the spelling, there are in many of the recent posts so many mis-spelled words it was very hard to read what you wrote. I suggest a few things:

1. Not to use ,, to seperate words but rather use periods and proper sentence structure.

2. Slow down when you write and re-read what you write slowly correcting errors before you submit.

3. STRONGLY RECOMMENDED: Spell checker plugins. If you use firefox this is free: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/spell-checker/ If you use internet explorer this is free: http://www.iespell.com if you use Chrome here is a free one: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/spell-checker-for-chrome/jfpdnkkdgghlpdgldicfgnnnkhdfhocg?hl=en

2014/7/14 11:13Profile
brothagary

Re:

yea i had some sort of spell cheak set up that used to underline and give a list of correct words ,,,it disapeared of the computer ,,i asked if any new how to restore it but had no coment ,,ill try one of yours ,,,iv got influenza at the momnet its a bit of a struggle focasing on the moniter ,,,id get on well with moody i recoken

ok so brother lawrence never did breath prayes ,,,i never herd him mention that either

also i find it hard to reconcile alot of what is call mystasim,,with bibilical revivle ,,through the holy spirit when he comes on us in like in the book of acts ,,any one that has experenced a revivle noes the presence of god ,,in the book of acts insted of siting down medatating using a jesus mantra in repatition to get the presence of god the examlpe in acts ,,is group prayer with basic words in faith ,then wam the holy presence of god filled them and then preached with boldness ,,,,,,it seems to me if this mystical medatation is write ,,then our brothers in acts are missing somthing ,,,,i stuggle with wanting to do what the bible says and mystasism ,,what is also obvious is that in the catholic church ,,pope john paul had pray meetings all manner pagan and ocult practioners ,and many that teach mystasisym in that context talk about the hindu yogis as master ,,,,foster is one that does

brother lawrence doesnt sound like that so im saying that about him

oh greg you lost me i dont know what periouds and sentence structure is

and lol i do write verry slow and cheak for mistakes ,,i can see the mistake but that it ,,cant fix most of them ,,becasue i cant rember how to spell them ,,,when i see the write word i know when it is spelled write,,so i have no problems reading

thanks im trying it now

2014/7/14 18:43Profile
brothagary

Re:

i dont know if that will work the one i used was so much quicker ,,thanks for trying to help ,,but i hope to get the old one back working ,,,as i typed it would underline the wromg word ,and i would right click and the list of correct words would come up and i would click on the right word and carry on typing ,,do you know how to get that one

2014/7/14 18:54Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

gary I am so used to your typing that it doesnt even phase me. your meaning is always pretty clear to me.

Do whatever feels comfortable to you.

2014/7/14 18:57Profile
brothagary

Re:

oh like i said before greg i never went to a deserment sight

2014/7/14 18:57Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Are there believers in the Catholic Church?

Yes, and some of them manifest more of the
fruit of the Spirit in their lives than those
that criticize them.

I honestly don't understand why a Catholic
believer would remain in the Catholic Church
after seeing the many contradictions to the
Word of God.

In the late 60's and 70's the Holy Spirit was
being poured out on all Christian churches
and many Catholics were saved., many
came out of the Catholic Church but some
stayed.

I have never had a Catholic tell me that
healing has passed away. Most of them
welcome prayer for healing. I was blessed
years ago to work with a Catholic woman
that resulted in her salvation and most of her
large family ended up coming to The Lord.
I have found it easy to witness to Catholics
through the leading of the Holy Spirit.

Mike

2014/7/14 20:55Profile
brothagary

Re:

thanks tmk ,,ill try to sort somthing out

2014/7/14 21:41Profile
brothagary

Re:

yea brother i know there are believers in catholic sysytem ,im not critical of them ,the ecumential movement is every where ,,but when you have the head of the church ,have prayer meets with pagans and voodo preists and kissing the koran,LITERALY ,,THAT doesnt say much for those who are following that line of thinking ,,,i wachted a documentry done by some traditional catholics and they exposed some absulty shocking stuff from the top ranks ,,,i dont think this it is a fringe movment ,,,what do you say to a work mate who is an unbeliever when they point this stuff out ,,after me saying that christianty is the opasite to paganism ,,,esepial after they watch somthing like the zeitgeist ,,we need to explain the apostacy of the churches and the catholic church is not exepmt from it ,,,

if you fail to be critical like some would sugest ,,you fail perioud and people will walk awy justfied in there fasle beliefs about what true and false views of christianity is all about ,,,,

we must be critical of error , espesialy in what is called the chrurch

2014/7/14 22:00Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy