SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Great Danger Of Gossip by Bishop Samuel Bobor

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 The Great Danger Of Gossip by Bishop Samuel Bobor

Most of us are not strangers to Gossip – we have listened to it, spread it, and been the victim of it!

But truth is, Rumors have a Dangerous Edge in that people do not feel Responsible for that which they simply pass on as Hearsay, making accountability and damage control much more difficult.

Gossip can run the gamut from talk of a personal, sensational, or intimate nature to statements that defame or injure the reputation or well-being of a person.

Truth is, far too often our conversations are full of Unjust Judgments.

In fact, the Lord feels so strongly about Gossip that He even lists Gossipers together with the Untrustworthy, Unloving, Unrighteous, Murderers, and Haters of God: Romans 1:28-32, “And so, since they did not see fit to acknowledge God or approve of Him or consider Him worth the knowing, God gave them over to a base and condemned mind to do things not proper or decent but loathsome, Until they were filled (permeated and saturated) with every kind of unrighteousness, iniquity, grasping and covetous greed, and malice. [They were] full of envy and jealousy, murder, strife, deceit and treachery, ill will and cruel ways. [They were] SECRET BACKBITERS AND GOSSIPERS, SLANDERERS, hateful to and hating God, full of insolence, arrogance, [and] boasting; inventors of new forms of evil, disobedient and undutiful to parents. [They were] without understanding, conscienceless and faithless, heartless and loveless [and] merciless. Though they are fully aware of God’s Righteous Decree that those who do such things deserve to die, they not only do them themselves but approve and applaud others who practice them” AMP.

PEOPLE OF GOD, SERIOUSLY, DO YOU REALLY WANT TO BE COUNTED AMONGST SUCH COMPANY? IF NOT, KEEP YOUR MOUTH OFF THE LIVES OF OTHERS! OR ACCORDING TO“…GOD’S RIGHTEOUS DECREE THAT THOSE WHO DO SUCH THINGS DESERVE TO DIE…”

In a Nutshell: NOW THAT YOU KNOW BETTER, DO BETTER!

AFTER ALL, KNOWING THAT THE COST OF GOSSIP IS DEATH, DO YOU REALLY WANT TO PAY UP?!

Furthermore, the Bible is clear about the damage of Gossip: Proverbs 11:13, “A…GOSSIP can’t be trusted with a secret, but someone of integrity won’t violate a confidence” MSG; Proverbs 16:28, “Troublemakers start fights; GOSSIPS break up friendships” MSG; Proverbs 18:6-8, “The words of a fool start fights; do him a favor and gag him. Fools are undone by their big mouths; their souls are crushed by their words. Listening to GOSSIP is like eating cheap candy; do you really want junk like that in your belly?” MSG; Proverbs 26:20, “When you run out of wood, the fire goes out; when the GOSSIP ends, the quarrel dies down” MSG.

In Other Words: A Gossiper Is the Epitome of Damage! And Often that Damage is Irreparable! Therefore, Separate Yourself From Such People! Surely You Don’t Want to Stand Before God to Give an Account For Words You Spoke, or Words You Spread that Destroyed an Individual, Now Do You?!

And Dare We Even Mention the Consequences of Gossip and Slander: Psalm 101:5, “I will Destroy Anyone Who Secretly SLANDERS His Neighbor. I will Not Tolerate Anyone With a conceited look or arrogant heart” GWT.

Sadly, Most of What We Repeat is Misinformation which is why you should adhere to Proverbs 18:13, “Listen BEFORE You Answer. If You Don’t, You Are Being Stupid and Insulting” GNT

Believe it or not, but most of your 2 cents should be kept in your own pocket!

And Regardless to the falling out you may have had with someone, Remember: We Possess the Ministry of Reconciliation, Not the Messiness of Ripping Apart! So make sure you also adhere to Proverbs 17:9, “Whoever forgives an offense seeks love, but whoever keeps bringing up the issue Separates the Closest of Friends” GWT.

And for a Fierce Warning About Words Just Read Matthew 12:34-37, “You have minds like a snake pit! How do you suppose what you say is worth anything when you are so foul-minded? It’s your heart, not the dictionary, that gives meaning to your words. A good person produces good deeds and words season after season. An evil person is a blight on the orchard. Let me tell you something: Every One of These Careless Words Is Going to Come Back to Haunt You. There Will Be a Time of Reckoning. Words Are Powerful; Take Them Seriously. Words Can Be Your Salvation. Words Can Be Your Damnation” MSG

I Reckon You Should Choose Your Words Wisely, Or Use Real Wisdom and Say Nothing!

And LADIES, I hate to say it but, there’s a reason Scripture singles US out when it comes to Gossip! 1 Timothy 5:13, “Moreover, as they go about from house to house, they learn to be idlers, and not only idlers, but GOSSIPS AND BUSYBODIES, saying what they should not say and talking of things they should not mention” AMP). Sometimes the most Lady-Like thing you can be is Silent!

And Believe it or not, but not only the spreading of lies but also the telling of Partially or Entirely True Facts may yet fall under the wrath of God! You see, sharing anything about a person that does not Help or Edify may be considered Gossip!

Remember: God has HIS OWN PLAN for dealing with someone in sin:Matthew 18:15, “If a fellow believer hurts you, go and tell HIM – WORK IT OUT BETWEEN THE TWO OF YOU. If he listens, you’ve made a friend. If he won’t listen, take one or two others along so that the presence of witnesses will keep things honest, and try again. If he still won’t listen, tell the church. If he won’t listen to the church, you’ll have to start over from scratch, confront him with the need for repentance, and offer again God’s forgiving love” MSG. Why this isn’t taught in its entirety in the church is beyond me! We are to go to an offending individual and NO ONE ELSE to begin a Longsuffering Effort for Their Restoration to God, IF we are concerned about their eternal welfare!

Galatians 6:1, Live creatively, friends, If someone falls into sin, Forgivingly Restore Him, SAVING YOUR CRITICAL COMMENTS FOR YOURSELF. YOU MIGHT BE NEEDING FORGIVENESS BEFORE THE DAY’S OUT. Stoop down and reach out to those who are oppressed. Share their burdens, and so complete Christ’s law. If you think you are too good for that, you are badly deceived” MSG). OUCH!

And before you attempt to let yourself off the hook, LISTENING to Gossip is just as bad as spreading the words of hurt, Just ask David! 1 Samuel 24:8-13, “Then David stood at the mouth of the cave and called to Saul, “My master! My king!” Saul looked back. David fell to his knees and bowed in reverence. He called out, “WHY DO YOU LISTEN TO THOSE WHO SAY ‘DAVID IS OUT TO GET YOU’? This very day with your very own eyes you have seen that just now in the cave GOD put you in my hands. My men wanted me to kill you, but I wouldn’t do it. I told them that I won’t lift a finger against my master – he’s GOD’s anointed. Oh, my father, look at this, look at this piece that I cut from your robe. I could have cut you – killed you! – but I didn’t. Look at the evidence! I’m not against you. I’m no rebel. I haven’t sinned against you, and yet you’re hunting me down to kill me. Let’s decide which of us is in the right. GOD may avenge me, but it is his hands, not mine. An old proverb says, ‘Evil deeds come from evil people.’ So be assured that my hand won’t touch you” MSG.

Listen: Before you go running off with what THEY SAID, and Maliciously, Verbally Attack Someone, make sure the Words You Were Told Were Accurate!

And Be Careful: Your Speech Speaks Volumes About Your Character, or Lack Thereof!

And No Matter How Clean You Attempt to Look, What You Allow In Your Hearing Determines Whether You Are Truly Washed or Whether You Simply Represent a Perfumed Impersonation of Righteousness!

Proverbs 17:4, “Evil People Relish Malicious Conversation; the Ears of Liars Itch For DIRTY GOSSIP” MSG.

A mark of Spiritual Maturity is to have Control Over Your Tongue: James 1:26, “If anyone thinks himself to be religious (piously observant of the external duties of his faith) and does not bridle his tongue but deludes his own heart, this person’s religious service is worthless (futile, barren)” AMP).

People of God: Gossip and Slander are Tools of Satan! In Paul’s discussion of the Holy Lifestyle in which Spiritually Mature Women are to Teach Younger Women, he includes a Warning about Slander and Admonishes the Women NOT to Accuse Others (Greek: ‘Diabolous’, “The Accuser”, a Title Assigned to Satan 34 Times in Scripture), thus Refraining From Being “Devils” in their Relationships.

Please Understand that there is No Sharper Sword with which to Wound Another than Hurtful Words!

And Gossip is NEVER an Act of Kindness; it Diminishes the Person about Whom You Are Talking; it Degrades Any Christian Who Would Willingly Be A Part of Such a Thing and it Serves as a Temptation and Snare to Any Listener Who Would Join in Such Satanic Behavior!

So, Get a Grip and Let the Gossip Go! Remember: God Will Judge You For the Life Your Tongue Took!

2014/7/13 0:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy