SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Baptist church ordains transgender woman

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Baptist church ordains transgender woman

A transgender woman who attended George W. Truett Theological Seminary and pastored a church in Central Texas as a man has returned to the pulpit.

Allyson Robinson began June 23 as transitions pastor at Calvary Baptist Church in Washington. The calling is temporary — helping with preaching, mentoring and pastoral care duties along with the deacons until the church names a longer-term intentional interim pastor — probably this fall.

Calvary Baptist reaffirmed Robinson’s ordination June 15, prior to Pastor Amy Butler’s departure to become senior minister of the historic and progressive Riverside Church in New York City. ...

read more: http://abpnews.com/culture/social-issues/item/28922-baptist-church-ordains-transgender-woman

2014/7/12 10:29Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re: Baptist church ordains transgender woman

It was only a matter of time.

2014/7/12 10:41Profile
HeartSong

Re: Baptist church ordains transgender woman

Oh sorrow upon sorrows.

2014/7/12 18:28Profile

Re:

Heartbreaking! Two years ago i was in Switzerland, my home country,and did a bit of research about the Baptists. Not far from were I grew up there is a cave known as the "Baptists cave" were the believers had to hide from the authorities. I also visited the Emmental and learnt how much the early Baptists suffered for their faith. You can see some photos here: (Photos 9 to 22)
https://picasaweb.google.com/markuskiwi/Switzerland2012#5775912927494181122
But sadly the local believers told me that now things have changed, young couples are breaking up etc. Something hardly heard of in the past. And some young people travel to the city to some seeker friendly congregations.etc

Maranatha! May the Lord return soon!

2014/7/13 2:55

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy