SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How heavy is your burden?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

How heavy is your burden?

Gal_6:5 For every man shall bear his own burden.

We see here in the Scripture that every man shall bear his own burden. This seems to contradict verse 2 of that same chapter where we are exhorted to ” bear you one another’s burdens.” Now we know that in this world we shall have trials and testings and so on. No one walks this earth untouched by its brokenness and sin. Some , it seems, have easier lives than others, some seem to have trials beyond measure, yet the one thing that is sure is that we all have burdens of one degree or another. Certainly we are called to love one another and to reach out to those who are going through trials. We are to love and support them in any way that we can or that we are led. Yet as we all know, there are certain things in our lives that we simply have to endure, to bear, they are uniquely our burdens and no one can help us but the Lord.

How we deal with such burdens, whatever they are, certainly determines how we walk this earth. And how we deal with such burdens also determines how heavy the burden is. Two different people can have a very similar burden. To one it is such a heavy load that it pulls them down, to the other it encourages them to go deeper into the Father’s heart and they become stronger and the burden becomes lighter. In the previous chapter of Galatians we are reminded of what the fruits of the Spirit are. Can I assure you that how we react to our burdens will be measured by the fruit of the Spirit in our lives. Now the fruits of the Spirit are these…..love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness,goodness, faith, meekness and self-control. As you carry your burden are you loving? Do you have joy? What about peace? Are you patient with others? Would people consider you gentle and good? Do you trust the Lord? When you are provoked by others, do you respond in kind or do you exercise self-control? You see, our burdens are our teachers. Are you teachable? Our burdens shape us, do you allow yourself to be shaped?

When the sculptor starts he starts with a large heavy block of stone. Each blow from the chisel not only shapes the stone, it also lightens it. If the stone could resist the sculptor and refuse to be shaped, it would remain merely a shapeless heavy block of stone. Do you resist the hammer’s blow? Have you been reacting correctly to the burden that you have been called to carry? Does it seem to you unbearable and heavy? Can I encourage you today to go deeper into the Father’s heart today? You know this burden is something that is not going to go away. It has to be dealt with and no one on this earth can help you with it. Jesus says “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. (Mat 11:28-30)

You see brothers and sisters, the burden is not removed but it can be made lighter. It is made lighter in Him. And as we come closer to Jesus, the very thing that could destroy us if allowed, begins to shape us and teach us and produce fruit in us. I grow up in a city, I could not tell you one tree from another, but I know what an apple looks like. The fruit identifies the tree to those who do not know. What fruit do you bear this day as you bear your burden? How heavy is your burden? The weight is determined by our proximity to God. Can I encourage you to today, draw closer to God and you will produce much fruit and your burden shall be light....... bro Frank

2014/7/10 12:51

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy