SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : husband abuse

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Yes, women are generally more sensitive emotionally than men, and sometimes too sensitive, and men are sometimes not understanding nor patient enough and need to work at that.

2014/7/9 16:14Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

In all fairness to women I do want to add that men can be too sensitive as well and read into things wrongly. Indeed, we are all sinful creatures in desperate need of God's redeeming and sanctifying grace.

2014/7/9 17:34Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Oracio

I think you make a good point. It's not man/ woman
Issue so much as a people issue. We are all sinners
In need of JESUS.

God bless
Mj

2014/7/9 17:46Profile
brothagary

Re:

i remeber when i was baptised by the holy spirit ,and the severn monthes leding to that i cryed all the time every day for seven monthes i yerned so hard for more of god and was so thankfull for his presence and his grace ,,, i pray that i would revile those day crying for joy crying for ,,well words fail why just crying becasue of god

i loved it ,,i fell we dont cry becase our hearts are a littel hardend ,,there something wrong ,,,when reveil comes ,,we will cry and cry

i remeber cry with joy and laughing for 45 minutes one time ,,the you was inexpilcable ,,i cant decribe the joy of have good join be for breakfast that day at my table its makeing me cry now ,and make me yern for him again,,it reminds me of when jesus said he stands at the door and knocks ,,he will come in to him and sup with me

i was saying thank you for my bacon and eggs and stared to eat ,,but god came into the room with me and filled me with his love i even had a mouth full of food ,, i just stoped eating, mangaed to swalow my food ,,,and totaly ejoyed the bread of life that day

i must be girl becase i love to cry with god weather it is greif or joy or indignation or grtatude ,,it is when i feel some of the closests times with jesus

2014/7/10 3:32Profile

Re:

MaryJane wrote:

Quote:
Why do we need the female aspect? What is wrong with the translations we have. The HOLY SPIRIT gave these words to men in the first place and they were shared to both men and women from then on. GOD has given us very clear teaching on a woman's role in the family, as well as in the body

I will give two examples but there are many.

Concerning lust, I don't know about other women, but I can look at a well toned and tanned young male body in a swimsuit and admire it without the slightest thought about having sex with the model. So I just don't get it about men complaining about scantily clad females inflaming sexual fantasies instead of them purely inspiring admiration for the female form.

When we look in our Bibles however, there seems to be an enormous emphasis on sexual sins and lust, whereas for me and I think for many women, lust is hardly an issue. We are weak regarding other sins like being passive and manipulative for example. It is like the Bible has been written so far as this issue is concerned, for only half of mankind.

Also, the Hebrew word cha-yil, is invariably translated to mean valour and strength and various other descriptions when it is referring to a male, yet when it is used for a female as in Ruth 3.11 and in Proverbs for example, it is translated as 'virtuous', summing up one moral characteristic as though women cannot be strong and valiant etc and men are not expected to be chaste, and that chastity is the only quality of worth in a woman.

2014/7/10 3:40

Re:

brothergary

I am also brought to a few tears to the eyes at times of spiritual closeness to the Lord and on hearing the music of J. S. Bach for example.

I wonder whether what we are talking about is what is known as bawling? I can feel emotions well up in me yet not have to bawl. I think that we are discussing a cultural thing here as I have noticed that Americans do tend to express themselves much more freely in this way but it is wrong to say that other nations are hard because they control it as it is not so acceptable to demonstrate such behaviour in public. Look at news items from many countries and you will see people in the midst of great grief, holding back their tears with dignity.

2014/7/10 3:47
brothagary

Re:

for me it was bawling ,,,but this realy has nothing to do with my culture ,,being and australian male we are fighters drinkers and never let any one see you cry it is a weakness and only sisys cry we are tough over here ,,,but when god presence came to me it melted that tough punce you in face identafication many of us have here ,,,when i say that i reliese most cultures have that brute force type blokey guys ,especial in the bulding industy

the harder our heart is the less we will cry that has been my experenece with me and when i look to all the tough nuts i knew ,,crying wanst an option ,it was what girls and nerds do ,not men ,, real men go syko angry when there upset and put our heads and fists through walls and doors

2014/7/10 4:05Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

thanks to those who posted replies, spousal abuse, no matter if it is the husband or the wife is a terrible problem that will destroy a marriage. Society and the world have tried to tear down the differences between men and woman that God himself put into place. until those who are walking with the Lord repent and truly want to live for Jesus this problem that is destroying so many marriages will not end. there are no excuses for sin, when a wife abuses her husband she is just as wrong and guilty as a husband is who abuses his wife.

rdg

2014/7/10 7:43Profile

Re: husband abuse

Quote:
i was reading through one of the posts on the other thread on the topic of a unloved wife, and it brought to mind some issues in my own life that i wanted to put up for discussion. as a wife who abused her husband until the LORD got a hold of my heart, i just wanted to say anger is not limited to the male of the human race. there are plenty of women who verbal, emotionally, and physically abuse their husband. no i was not nuts, or on drugs, no i did not use alcohol, i just always wanted to be in control, i wanted to run things my way and when my husband did not do exactly as i wanted i used all manner of sinful behavior to attack him. i manipulated, i lied, i called names(terrible names)i nagged, and harassed him. i have repented and my husband has forgiven me and our marriage has been healed but in those years he dealt with a lot from me. what is most amazing to me is my husband never once brings up my past horrible treatment of him. he never reminds me of who that angry person i was before Jesus got a hold of me.

i did a google search of husband abuse and found the very first of many links that came up interesting to read. abuse happens to both men and women in marriages, its a fallen world. we all need Jesus.

in writing this thread i just wanted to open up the discussion about husband abuse. if a marriage is going to be saved and healed then both husband and wife need Jesus in their lives.

rainydaygirl

The discussion you referred to was about physical abuse towards men which I said was unlikely to occur in a sane sober woman. Nobody has been arguing whether women abuse men in other ways and behave as badly as men. We know this. If indeed you did physically abuse your husband then that does not disprove what I said. For example you may have mental health problems and be in denial still or you might be one of a few. When I spent time in a shelter, I read many reports on the issue.

2014/7/11 6:02
rainydaygirl

Re:

brenda

in response to what you wrote here, "The discussion you referred to was about physical abuse towards men which I said was unlikely to occur in a sane sober woman. Nobody has been arguing whether women abuse men in other ways and behave as badly as men. We know this. If indeed you did physically abuse your husband then that does not disprove what I said. For example you may have mental health problems and be in denial still or you might be one of a few. When I spent time in a shelter, I read many reports on the issue."

i do not have mental illness and i am not in denial. i was in sin because i was not saved at the time when i treated my husband as i did. it is something i have repented of and been forgiven for by him. so please do not imply things about me in the forum that are not true.

i have heard from other woman who have shared similar stories to mine here in the united states. i know and have read much up on this as well.

rdg

2014/7/11 7:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy