SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : husband abuse

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Rubbish. I never cry nor ever have and am very analytical.

Maybe it is your behaviour?

2014/7/9 14:32
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Krautfau, you don't know me nor my situation. Maybe you are a rare exception among women for whatever reason. Lesbians would also be an exception because of how they have trained themselves to be tough like men.

2014/7/9 14:51Profile

Re:

You say that women cry a lot more than men, and I am telling you that you are wrong, and I am not a lesbian and don't like the implication.I don't think that I am a rare exception.

Just like to break down a few stereotypes.`A woman who does not cry is tough?

Quote:
This is obvious especially to those of us who are married lol.

Not funny.

2014/7/9 14:56
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Rainydaygirl, thank you for sharing. Your OP really resonated with me and my situation. I know I'm far from perfect but I know the Lord convicts me when I react sinfully to abusive behavior. And I know there is a world of difference between a saved godly woman and an unsaved woman who has only an outward form of religion and a heart far from God. I am thankful for the Lord's sanctifying work in my home and know I need not despair but keep praying and trusting for the Lord to continue working out His will.

2014/7/9 15:06Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

krautfrau, I did not mean to imply you are a lesbian. I only meant to point out that lesbianism is another exception.

2014/7/9 15:19Profile

Re:

Okay thank you.

2014/7/9 15:21
MaryJane

Re:

Krautfrau

I am also a woman and I do cry very easily. There are many, many, many women who have no issue admitting that they cry easily. There is no shame in shedding tears, unless they are being used as a tool to manipulate another.

Again I don't understand your defensiveness. Women are more emotional then men, we do cry more easily, we also love very deeply that is why JESUS instructs husbands to watch out for us.

I use to think I had to be tuff all the time. There was a time when I didn't cry at all. I watched my mom get hurt by my dad. He cheated on her, he treated her like she didn't matter and I use to think I was never going to be like my mom and let some man walk all over me....but I learned the hard way I was in sin with that attitude of mine. I was sinning against JESUS by being someone other then who HE created me to be. Women are to submit to their husbands, and we are weaker. I had two choices, I could continue on in sin against the LORD or I could stop rebelling, die to self, and start learning what it really meant to be a loving wife. I chose JESUS way.

GOD did make men and woman different, its the enemy that feeds us the lie that tells us we have to be strong and just like a man. I praise GOD and give thanks that I don't have to be, I can be soft, I can be nurturing, caring, loving, and a servant. I am thankful I can be a woman just as HE created me to be.

God bless
maryjane

2014/7/9 15:39Profile

Re:

MJ

Being emotional does not equate to crying easily. I feel things deeply but would consider it manipulative to cry in front of others. I could shed a few tears on my own and should have specified this. Emotions can be controlled. It is a cultural thing. It is fashionable to cry easily at present.

I do agree that some women have problems divorcing their feeling from their thoughts but as l said l am not one of them. I am caring and loving and nurturing but that does not have to go with crying.

I am not defensive, but l feel strongly that the church needs to accept its part in misogyny in society and in the church too and will speak out against stereotyping. We are different yes but not the way we are being portrayed and treated. We were made equal and to be helpmates not shut out in the church like we have bee. For example where are the female helpers with Bible translation to get the female aspect?

Interesting that this is called tough even by women (brainwashed ones)

2014/7/9 15:54
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Amen MaryJane, well said. You wrote, "There is no shame in shedding tears, unless they are being used as a tool to manipulate another."

Totally agreed. And I have seen far too often the manipulative side of this. Please excuse my bluntness but I'd compare it to a child who cries for wrong selfish reasons because he/she cannot get a new toy or something.

I know I've been at fault at times in provoking a situation but for the most part, God is my witness, it's been a sinful reaction to abusive behavior, to manipulation, lies and mistreatment for no reason.

I have gone through hell and back in my marriage, even adultery, and the only thing that has kept me from getting a divorce is the grace of God at work in my heart and life. As I type this there are tears welling up as I think of my kids who more than once have been on the verge of suffering a divorce.

Part of it is my own fault because I was not careful about being unequally yoked as a younger believer. That's why I always exhort young Christian brothers, be very careful who you marry. You don't want to end up unequally yoked because it will be hell on earth. Trust me. But God's grace is still sufficient and there's nothing too hard for Him.

2014/7/9 15:58Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Krautfrau

Thank you for clarifying. I agree women can shed tears to manipulate and get there way. That is sin to be sure. Crying in and of it self though is not sin. I do not feel it is wrong to cry if I feel moved to by the LORD and I know many woman who will tell you they feel the same way.

You wrote: For example where are the female helpers with Bible translation to get the female aspect?

Why do we need the female aspect? What is wrong with the translations we have. The HOLY SPIRIT gave these words to men in the first place and they were shared to both men and women from then on. GOD has given us very clear teaching on a woman's role in the family, as well as in the body...But I don't want to go off topic and highjack this thread so I will leave it there.

God bless
maryjane

2014/7/9 16:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy