SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Muslim follower of Jesus...????????

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Onemite

Of course I will pray for you sister. I will pray for your husband to. Thank you for sharing these things here with us. I do appreciate your heart and your desire to walk with the LORD has HE gives you leading.

God bless
maryjane

2014/7/8 22:35Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

Sree you say there is no such thing as `secret Christians` Then what of those believers who meet in secret in places like N. Korea. Should they go hold up signs in the capitol of N. Korea and shout turn or burn.

You are confused with underground Churches run in Persecuted nations with what I meant as Secret Christian. By Secret Christian I meant those who are afraid of their relatives and act outwardly as following another religion and inwardly they are Christians. Underground Churches have nothing to do with it.

Also to be a confessing Christian does not mean to Shout at the house top. It is to tell that you cannot follow another faith or practice or worship another God plainly when asked.

In India many Hindus hear the Gospel and want to follow Christ but they are afraid of their parents, relatives and hence only follow Christ in their secret life. I do not believe it can be called Christianity. The reason I mentioned this view is my previous post is I do not believe a person practicing Islam outwardly can be a Christian inwardly. He may practice Islam for the fear of life, but it makes no sense.

Quote:

It is easy to sit behind our key boards and pontificate about what people should and should not do on the front lines in restricted nations. Having led a prayer cal for a few years praying for the persecuted the Lord has shown me that I serve them. I am not to pontificate but to pray for them. God will work His will in their lives so as to advance His purposes.

You may run a call and have connections, but your understanding of Persecution is very shallow. You think Persecution is only when someone puts a knife on the throat for confessing Christ. Many in west think the same because you guys never experience a house being divided by faith like what Jesus said. Nor does it even matter to you guys because in west there is no family values.

I am from India, my own parents and siblings who loved and cared for me from Childhood have disowned me when I told them that I am a Christian. Also my relatives speak evil of me and look down on me when I rejected to take part in my mother's funeral rituals. This is also a persecution. Something of equal and even higher value than losing life. I would be happy if my parents have killed me for my faith rather than treating me as outcasts. People from west who never experience true love from parents or siblings will never understand the pain in this. For you guys only Physical pain is pain. For Jesus the pain on Calvary was not the Physical pain but the spiritual partition from his heavenly father because of my sins.

I am not someone who is preaching something that I have not practiced. I have confessed Christ and my own household who once loved me have become my enemies. God has blessed me a lot spiritually because I took a stand for him. God honors those who honor him. That is why I want Christians to stand for their faith and not be secret about their faith.

2014/7/8 23:27Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: You think Persecution is only when someone puts a knife on the throat for confessing Christ. Many in west think the same because you guys never experience a house being divided by faith like what Jesus said. Nor does it even matter to you guys because in west there is no family values.

That show us how much you know about "the west" and the people in it..

Quote: For you guys only Physical pain is pain.

In the West the persecution you suffer is more emotional than physical. Called names, made a fool off, the butt of the jokes, family members saying your in a cult, that you have changed and they want the old 'you' back and for some the family shuns them.

Quote: I am from India, my own parents and siblings who loved and cared for me from Childhood have disowned me when I told them that I am a Christian.

That's called control, and every Christian will suffer these type of attacks from thier non-Christian family members to some degree in every single country across this world.

2014/7/9 0:51Profile
onemite

Re:

Sree-
your story is encouraging.

How I want God to work in me such character that I too will be so faithful when faced with abandonment and rejection.

2014/7/9 0:59Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

Sree-
your story is encouraging.

How I want God to work in me such character that I too will be so faithful when faced with abandonment and rejection.

Thank you sister. I know how difficult it is. In fact I did not have the strength in myself. I almost gave up, but God so faithfully showed me could of witnesses who stood up for the lord when they experienced the same situation as mine.

There was a brother who now has grandchildren. But in his youth age when he disagreed to follow his parent's religion because of his faith in Jesus, his parents destroyed his college certificates. He came out empty handed and still stood for the lord. When I saw such witnesses around me, God gave me strength.

2014/7/9 1:53Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:
That show us how much you know about "the west" and the people in it..

I have lived enough in west to know about the family bonding there. Just visit a traditional Indian family living in US, if you find their family bonding is unbelievable then in India it is 100 times more. I do not want to argue with you. I am not trying to undermine west, I got my gospel in US.

Quote:

In the West the persecution you suffer is more emotional than physical. Called names, made a fool off, the butt of the jokes, family members saying your in a cult, that you have changed and they want the old 'you' back and for some the family shuns them.

I agree, I have seen the name calling in west in schools and colleges, teasing Christians. But this is not from inside family. Religion and cultism is not deep in West as it is in India or even in Asia.

If you try honestly answering to this simple question you will agree with me. How many deaths have you witnessed in west in the name of people fighting for their religion? In India it is everyday news. Religion and faith is valued more than life here. Just search religious riots in India you will see plenty of results to read all life.

Quote:

That's called control, and every Christian will suffer these type of attacks from thier non-Christian family members to some degree in every single country across this world.

This quote clearly shows your lack of respect for what these people go through or what I have gone through. That is why I said people in West cannot understand these things. You guys will only look down on us. You are only proving my post about west by your posts.

In west even in Christian families the kids are expected to find their own means for college education. My mother educated me by working overtime, falling into debts, paying 10% interest every month, selling jewels and property. When you see such love and see those loved ones suddenly turning against you because of faith, the pain is unexplainable. Again all this will only be a joke to you.

2014/7/9 2:10Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

I just wanted to thank those who have shared their testimony and experience here. I think for me after reading the articles and looking into it more was just sad it is that there are so many who profess to know JESUS willing to compromise the truth. I do believe Frank is correct in saying as he has that we will see even more of this come as the days grow shorter.

Clearly there are many who are deceived and are deceiving others with compromised teaching in the mission field. I feel led to pray all the more on this.

I am thankful for post from SI members like onemite and sree. I give thanks to GOD for these testimonies.

God bless
maryjane

2014/7/9 8:11Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: This quote clearly shows your lack of respect for what these people go through or what I have gone through. That is why I said people in West cannot understand these things.

Sree it's you are looking down on us, look at how you praise the family model in India, but downplay people in the West. I sent my daughter to college, I paid for it, I had to work 6 weeks away from home and then gets 2 weeks off, until she finished college, my wife also had to work. I didn't have Jewels or property to sell, all I had was my ex-council house. Frank will understand what that is...

The college she attended was in a city called Glasgow which is where the strongest religious persecution happens between Catholics and Protestants, people die in this nation the name of religion, people there are persecuted in this nation because of there religious beliefs. The government is legislating against this to try and deal with the sectarian divide that exists in our nation.

There is also a movement in my nation, who take the cross, along with the motto "In hoc signo vinces" of the Knights Templar and oppose Islam, they take to the streets and march through Muslim neighbourhoods and given half a chance they would burn mosques to the ground. Then there are Muslims in this nation who march through the streets, who plan to blow things up as we don't believe in Islam.

Quote: I agree, I have seen the name calling in west in schools and colleges, teasing Christians. But this is not from inside family.

I tell you the truth and you cast it to the side, your arrogance is astounding. My Father and Mother just started speaking to me after 8 years of not talking or having any contact with me, and that was after my Father being basically raised from the dead, but I guess it didn't hurt me because I'm not from Indian family, I'm from the West and as such the love I have for my parents is inferior.

2014/7/9 8:18Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Murrcolr

I do understand the hurt and pain you are speaking about. I was raised Catholic too. I do not pretend to know the same hatred and ugliness that you have gone through living in Scotland but I know it goes on.

In the USA things are not as bad as it is for those in other countries, at least not to my experience. Here, when I left the RCC my mother used her words to attempt to guilt and manipulate me back into the church. She would go on and on about how she failed the church, and how she failed GOD because I left the RCC. She would tell me about how it was her fault and she would have to answer for it unless I came back. She rejects anything I try to share with her and is always telling me about the priests, the nuns on EWTN. She is a devout catholic who is lost and deceived I pray for her often.

Others in my family who feel that I am a "religious nut" don't talk to me. I have brothers that have not spoken to me in over fifteen years because they do not want me to talk about JESUS.

I agree with what Frank said, if we are truly following JESUS we will know the pain of rejection at sometime in our lives. We will know and understand what it means to be hated.

I just wanted to tell you that as an ex-chatholic I do understand in some small ways what you are speaking too and that I will pray for you.

God bless
mj

2014/7/9 8:37Profile

Re:

My dear Scottish brother Murrcolr,

Praise God that your parents are now speaking to you again. I pray that God will do a mighty work in your family. I know the agony of a divided family for the sake of Jesus. Well the Lord said that He had not come to bring peace but a sword and that the enemies shall be found in our very families.

My neighbors, two houses down here in Kansas, are from Ethiopia and are members of the Orthodox Church of Ethiopia. Their eldest son came to Jesus as an adult and they disowned him. Their youngest son , 27, came to Jesus two years ago and his mother would not even speak to him for a time. When he got baptized, none of his family attended. Myself and another brother went along to see him be baptized in a pentecostal Ethiopian church. This kind of persecution, trial or tribulation or warfare, call it what you will, is something Jesus told us would happen. It is part of counting the cost for Jesus. It does not take the pain and the anguish out of it but it does allow us to understand the nature of the battle.

I pray to God this day for all my brothers and sisters around the world who have known and experienced and are experiencing this trial. May you encourage them Lord and strengthen them and may their testimony shine brightly before their family members and ultimately bring the whosoever to a saving knowledge of you. Our battle is certainly not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers and spiritual wickedness in high places, Lord give us the strength this day to stand fast, to stand clothed in the full armor that you have provided for us.In the mighty name of Jesus.........bro Frank

2014/7/9 12:51

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy