SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Random Sermon of the Week (7/6/2014-7/12/2014)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Random Sermon of the Week (7/6/2014-7/12/2014)

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=21881&commentView=itemComments

Title: Turning Carnal Cash Into Kingdom Currency
Speaker: Glenn Sheppard

2014/7/7 9:04Profile
Jeremy221

Re: Random Sermon of the Week (7/6/2014-7/12/2014)

Amen. Good word.

2014/7/7 10:34Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I have heard many sermons like this and I do appreciate them.

However, just once I would like to hear a sermon like this coupled with *practical* advice as to how to go about doing it. He mentioned his friend who was "forced" into it by foreclosure and bankruptcy. I don't think God favors bankruptcy and foreclosure. So how does a Christian in America divest themselves of their worldly goods when they have bills, mortgages, car payments etc.

Jesus told the rich young ruler to liquidate his assets and give the proceeds to the poor.

But the fact is that if the average Christian in the US liquidates his assets he may not have anything left after paying his debts. In fact he may be in the hole!

2014/7/8 15:29Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Art Katz gives a similar admonition in "One Thing You Lack." Very powerful and convicting.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=12162&commentView=itemComments

2014/7/8 18:16Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Here are some quotes that I thought were excellent:

Quote:
And when you love something and it's gone from you, you weep bitterly. And I see more weeping today over the condition of our finances than I have seen for years in the altar of churches across America over the condition of the lostness of America.

and this one too

Quote:
Luxury is the heart right with God. Lust is the heart seeking the things of the world.

I agree with most of what he said.

Look at this verse in proverbs:

"There is one who makes himself rich, yet has nothing;
And one who makes himself poor, yet has great riches."

There are so many people who make themselves out to be rich in the kingdom, but they have absolutely nothing. There are others who just walk humbly with the Lord and never boast except in Christ, but they are rich in the kingdom of heaven. This is so important. Because if we spend all our lives trying to gain temporary blessings, then everything will burn up when we stand before the Lord and we will enter into the kingdom by the skin of our teeth.

I have heard many sermons about tithing. This sermon was not about tithing, but he did mention that if I did not tithe, that I was robbing God.

I have studied the issue again and again, but I don't know everything. How is tithing a New Covenant thing? Am I just missing something, here?

2014/7/11 13:52Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I would certainly argue that tithing is NOT a new covenant thing. Only the flimsiest of arguments can be made in support. Nonetheless most preachers will not teach this because they are afraid to do so.

The new covenant requirement is stewardship. Everything belongs to God but He lets me manage some of it. How should I manage it? Exactly as my master (Jesus) would.

2014/7/11 14:27Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Glenn Sheppard is a very godly man and brings this message to a baptist church in georgia with much grace and love in the Lord.

2014/7/11 19:40Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

He does. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it gave me a lot to think about and do.

2014/7/11 19:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy