SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Pure Milk of the Word

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 )
PosterThread

Re:

Jesus said in John 6:63

it is the Spirit gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words I have spoken to you are spirit andb are life.

John the Baptist testifies in John 3:34

For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God; for He gives the Spirit without measure.

What is the connection between the Spirit and the word?

Blaine

2014/8/24 18:01
Elibeth

Re:

Bro. Bear,

The Scripture you gave,
Jn.6:63,......"the Words that I speak unto you,They are Spirit, and they are Life,"....

So if we are going to have Life,...then wouldn't we have to listen / heed to every Word that comes out of Jesus' mouth ?

Jesus told Satan,when He came up out of the wilderness,when Satan
was deceived enough to think he could deceive The Lord,because Jesus
had fasted 40 days,and tried to tempt Jesus with earthly sustaining food,
Jesus spoke Spiritual Words , God' Words,..Man shall not Live,...
( Or have Life) by bread alone,but by EVERY Word that precedes out of the mouth of God...

So Jesus came,and gave us EVERY Word that His Father gave Him to say.
.....That proceeded out of the mouth of God.

He is AWH inspiring !! ( probably don't have AWH spelled right )

And wouldn't you say the connection between Spirit and The Word,is
The quickening,..LIFE that is in that Word ?

God is Spirit / Word,...He Who speaks,and is above every voice,..Breath,..
THE LORD HE IS GOD,...THE LORD,HE IS GOD.

maybe I have said too much ?..?sometime I get carried away,communing about Him.

As we all grow up unto Him,
Elizabeth

2014/8/24 18:42Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Blaine wrote:

"What is the connection between the Spirit and the word?"

This is a personal testimony which speaks to your question.

The first three years as a new believer, I attended a church that viewed themselves a conservative fundamentalists. During that time as I read Scripture, more and more questions arose which the elders could not give an answer which satisfied my yearning to know. At the same time, a group of JW elders battered me relentlessly on their doctrine. There came a point where I almost went to a JW service. I rationed in my own mind, at least these men had a passion for discussing the Scriptures.

I was at work, and after another JW bashing, I cried out to God and asked is the doctrine of the Trinity true?

In the stillness of that moment, God replied, "yes the Trinity is true."

Shortly thereafter, I attended another bible study at a different church. And during the study I stood up and said something to the effect, why do we bother reading the OT, all we need is the NT. An old man stood up after me and said, "I have learned to live in the OT because that is where the mysteries of God are revealed."

Over the course of the next three years or so, I began to see Jesus throughout the OT. And when one feeds on the pure milk of the word, one will come to the same understanding. So God provided commentary in the OT to confirm that the doctrine of the Trinity is true.

But most do not really see the Light that is given to every man that enters the world because most are fearful of denying the traditions taught by men. Only the pure milk of the word can overcome that fear.

2014/8/25 14:04Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Blaine wrote:

"What is the connection between the Spirit and the word?"

Psa 119:2
Blessed are those who keep His testimonies,
Who seek Him with the whole heart!

Psa 119:3
They also do no iniquity;
They walk in His ways.

Psa 119:4
You have commanded us
To keep Your precepts diligently.

Psa 119:5
Oh, that my ways were directed
To keep Your statutes!

Psa 119:6
Then I would not be ashamed,
When I look into all Your commandments.

Psa 119:7
I will praise You with uprightness of heart,
When I learn Your righteous judgments.

In the above Scripture we see that those who approach the word of God with a desire like the man above will be blessed. And that those who "learn Your righteous judgments" will have an upright heart of praise. You see it is a heart condition which the word of God works to soften and the ears made to be sensitive to His leading.

Do we cry out of understanding? Do we struggle to understand His word? Does our old man wrestle with the word of God like Jacob?

Or are we satisfied with the words of mere men?

2014/8/28 14:06Profile

Re:

I believe it was Solomon who said that of the writing of books there is no end. And much study is weary to the soul.

Dear Jesus for the simple and pure word. Your words that are spirit and life.

Blaine

2014/8/29 8:12
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

We are locking and stopping this thread. Though some scripture debates can be useful to get to an intended end the continual questioning of brethren and debating really is not the best way to come to peaceable truth. We all must be learners here on the forums and not presume to be teachers or use sermonindex as a platform to teach. We all have much to learn and if anyone can humble themselves even the most learned brother they can also benefit from godly interactions on the forums.

We believe enough has been said in this thread and want the spirit of humility and teachability to prevade.

this thread is locked.

2014/8/29 11:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy