SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Criminal Minds

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
DEADn
Member



Joined: 2011/1/12
Posts: 1357
Lakeland FL

 Re:

I know some on this forum don't like Criminal Minds yet there is an ugly reality of life out there. Even simply someone who is an EMT sees the ugly side of life.

While Criminal Minds is a fictional in its story it does give insight into the human nature of people and what may be making some tick around us and we don't even realize it. That is a hard reality to grasp but it is very real.

To be a sleuth into human nature and try to figure out why someone has done a certain thing and follow their trail is very intriguing. I think these attributes can be used in all aspects of our life. That even includes our bible studies as well.

While 40 minutes of the show is heartbreaking because of what is happening, I view the puzzle being put together as a valuable tool in the show but also in our every die life. And in this show once the puzzle is pieced together they find their person. It doesn't always happen like that in real life BUT if you put those practices together in our own lives, and even in bible studies............what do you think might happen?

John


_________________
John

 2014/7/23 14:19Profile
HeartSong
Member



Joined: 2006/9/13
Posts: 3156


 Re:

Quote:
While 40 minutes of the show is heartbreaking because of what is happening, I view the puzzle being put together as a valuable tool in the show but also in our every die life. And in this show once the puzzle is pieced together they find their person. It doesn't always happen like that in real life BUT if you put those practices together in our own lives, and even in bible studies............what do you think might happen?



http://www.jesuscrew.net

 2014/7/23 17:31Profile
savannah
Member



Joined: 2008/10/30
Posts: 1957


 Re: Criminal Minds



Q1. Was the show entertaining to you?

Q2. Was Jesus sitting next to you as you watched?

Q3. What was His take on it...was He entertained?

Thanks for your honesty and sincerity in advance.

Bless the LORD oh my soul! And all that is within me, bless His Holy Name!

 2014/7/23 21:01Profile
DEADn
Member



Joined: 2011/1/12
Posts: 1357
Lakeland FL

 Re:

Quote:


Q1. Was the show entertaining to you?

Q2. Was Jesus sitting next to you as you watched?

Q3. What was His take on it...was He entertained?

Thanks for your honesty and sincerity in advance.

Bless the LORD oh my soul! And all that is within me, bless His Holy Name!



Q1. The show was more educational to me then it was entertaining. When I watch the show I focus in on the investigators and how they go about the clues to find the criminal.


Q2 Is a question that leads to Fundamental finger pointing. That is not your intention but that is how such a question comes across. Would you be shocked if I said yes?

Q3 Through the show it reveals to me the depths of the sickness of sin in people. It also informs of what things I can do in my own life to sniff out the ways of people as well just in their human habits. The heart is God's work. It can often be seen in a person's doing.


_________________
John

 2014/7/24 15:50Profile
TMK
Member



Joined: 2012/2/8
Posts: 5273
NC, USA

 Re:

Amen deadn.


_________________
Todd

 2014/7/24 18:46Profile
TMK
Member



Joined: 2012/2/8
Posts: 5273
NC, USA

 Re:

I might add that I wonder if Jesus was entertained when he ate with the prostitutes and tax collectors.

I would argue strenuously yes, which is why they were drawn to him and why He changed their lives.

http://youtu.be/w7c-XY695hk


_________________
Todd

 2014/7/24 18:56Profile
HeartSong
Member



Joined: 2006/9/13
Posts: 3156


 Re:

Quote:
I might add that I wonder if Jesus was entertained when he ate with the prostitutes and tax collectors.

I would argue strenuously yes, which is why they were drawn to him and why He changed their lives.


People are drawn to Jesus because He is full of Truth.

Fiction is the antithesis of Truth.

 2014/7/25 21:22Profile
savannah
Member



Joined: 2008/10/30
Posts: 1957


 Re: 2 Peter 3:11




When professing christians are entertained by, and find to be educational, shows such as 'criminal minds', and even go so far as to say that Jesus Himself is entertained by such, it doesn't surprise me that these same professing christians are so lethargic regarding those things which are Christ's (Phil. 2:21).

And those who point out anything to them are labeled 'Fundamentalists' (whatever that has come to mean in their mind).

And then these label-givers are applauded with an 'amen' from their corner supporters as the crowd cheers them on.

Time will be swallowed up by eternity, so "Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness (2 Peter 3:11).


 2014/7/26 5:19Profile
drifter
Member



Joined: 2005/6/6
Posts: 623
Campbell River, B.C.

 Re:

I was watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre the other day, and I really learned a spiritual lesson when the killer cut the victim in half with a chainsaw. It showed me how Jesus "cut our sins in half!"

Of course I'm being sarcastic, and I really do say this with humility, but I could get a "spiritual lesson" from anything. It is very easy to "christianize" our sin.


_________________
Nigel Holland

 2014/7/26 15:01Profile
DEADn
Member



Joined: 2011/1/12
Posts: 1357
Lakeland FL

 Re:



Quote:

When professing christians are entertained by, and find to be educational, shows such as 'criminal minds', and even go so far as to say that Jesus Himself is entertained by such, it doesn't surprise me that these same professing christians are so lethargic regarding those things which are Christ's (Phil. 2:21).

And those who point out anything to them are labeled 'Fundamentalists' (whatever that has come to mean in their mind).

And then these label-givers are applauded with an 'amen' from their corner supporters as the crowd cheers them on.

Time will be swallowed up by eternity, so "Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness (2 Peter 3:11).



(Ultra)Fundamentalists adheres to a strict set or principles or ideas. i.e. things as anal as women should have long hair and wear dresses and have no make up. Men should not have long hair. There usually is not bending in anything with Fundamentalism but there is usually some kind of finger pointing and 'God is not pleased' comments given.


_________________
John

 2014/7/26 15:47Profile





©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy