SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is the Bible finished and complete??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
the Bible cannot contradict empirically verifiable sciences

As in evolution, Bubbaguy? :-)

Krispy

2005/4/19 11:36
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I don't know if it's complete, but I do know it's the living word of God and the messages it produces lives on, rather there are literally more words to come I doubt that, but who knows his ways are not our ways, maybe Heaven will send down some supplements. :-)

2005/4/19 11:55Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:

I don't know if it's complete, but I do know it's the living word of God and the messages it produces lives on, rather there are literally more words to come I doubt that, but who knows his ways are not our ways, maybe Heaven will send down some supplements.

But we would no longer have the uniquely equipped personal apostles of Jesus to confirm them. The possibility of authentic revelation arriving which could be endorsed by the apostles ended with the death of John c95 AD.

2005/4/19 17:41Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re: Is the Bible finished and complete??

Gods word (scripture) is absolutley complete, in that scripture does exactly what God wanted it to do. Scripture is the way that God chose to record all that mankind would need to know to come to faith. Scripture however is only a tiny fraction of all there is to know about God.

2005/4/19 20:25Profile

Re:

Krispy wrote:

Quote:
Not sure I agree with your logic... emphasis on "not sure"

I am not looking for anyone to agree with me, but are we to turn a blind eye concerning the book of Jasher and the book of Enoch?

They are both written in there concerning things and events. So how do we know that Enoch was accreditted for saying what he said, because Jude wrote of it?

Paul quotes from poets of the day, which instantly became apart of the word of God.

"For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring."

The statement was made in the forums, "if God's word is not complete then He is liar". What makes Him a liar if He chose not to put some writings in His word. That don't make sense.

Let say what if those books that John spoke of, that some of them were written but they were lost, do we take those writings and cast them forth as bad?

"And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which,[b] if they should be written every one[/b], I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

According to this the word of God is not complete, there is more. There is no more when it comes to the great salvation that is offered to us, but what of wisdom, knowledge and understanding? Why can't there be any more of that? What about interpretation of scripture, by interpreting scripture we ADD to the word. No.....we don't add it in the word, but we add it to our understanding of the word. So when we read a passage of scripture and we see it the way we have interpreted it. So when God tells us something different when referring to the same passage we have a difficult time receiving it because we have already added our understanding to it therefore we can't easily take it away.

What do we do with that kind of adding?

It's kind of like what the Pharisees did with their "tradition of the fathers", they slapped that along side the law making it null and void.

Karl

2005/4/19 20:28
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Karl

Quote:
When God speaks today to any one of us, that word that He speaks is just as much apart of the written word, if anyone would care to write them down. I like to think outside the box, where God is.

would that box be made from our own preconceived notions of what God can or can't do, will or won't do or what we think God ought to do or what makes sense to us that concerning God, or our own interpretation of scripture?

2005/4/20 1:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy