SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : SPIRITUAL WARFARE AND DECEPTION BY JIM CYMBALA

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HeartSong

SPIRITUAL WARFARE AND DECEPTION BY JIM CYMBALA

No Gibeonites.

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=23630&commentView=itemComments

2014/7/3 0:49Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re: SPIRITUAL WARFARE AND DECEPTION BY JIM CYMBALA

Excellent word.

The account he gave of the minister who tried to wire work his way into the Brooklyn Tabernacle was eerie. I've seen this happen, unfortunately. Many of us doubtlessly have.

The only antidote is staying humble and dependent on God. First, to keep us from unwittingly being "that guy" or "that lady". Second, to keep us spiritually alert so as to recognize those people ("Gibeonites", as he applies that term metaphorically) and so as to hear God in what to do with them.

Very practical and apt word here.

2014/7/3 8:18Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

some comments left on the sermon:

wiles and tricks comment id: 5430
The strategy of the enemy does become more familiar over time,however it never ceases to amaze me the many instruments he employs. Just when I think I know what is coming,I realize I'm not as smart as I thought. Pride is certianly most dangerous when I've seperated myself from the Holy Spirit. I really hate the craftiness of the enemies success because then I realize any victory is totally the Lord's, and not of my own abilities. My game is never as good as Satan's

Setting you free into victory comment id: 5416
This message by the Holy Spirit can set many free from the influences of false prophets, Gibeonites in our lives. I enjoyed hearing the simplicity and burden that brother Cymbala shares this message from. May we hear clearly this exhortation from the word of God and be changed by His grace.

2014/7/3 16:55Profile
HeartSong

Re: some comments left on the sermon:

Quote:
My game is never as good as Satan's

Oh if I have not learned this time, and time, again . . .

2014/7/3 18:00Profile
havok20x

Re:

I listened to this one. Man, it was good.

There have been times in my life when someone would come to me and say all the right words and be super encouraging and all of that. Few times was it legitimate. Most of the time, it was not. Instead, it was an appeal to my pride--one of my greatest pitfalls. One time I had a discussion with someone at my church, and I was frustrated about how some things were going. They offered to lift me up and they made me feel like I was so much more knowledgeable and so much more close to God than others and they offered to support me if I were to do this or that to expose those things that were not right. They even said that they would hold up my arms like Aaron upheld Moses' arms.

Another time, a brother was getting ready to try to kick out the Pastor and he invited me over (and I didn't know what exactly was going on) and talked me up and tried to get me on his side.

That is so terrifying to me. I hope those things never happen again, but it does seem to always happen to me. Had the Lord not revealed to me what was going on in both of those situations and others, I would have fallen for it hook, line, and sinker. I knew I was on dangerous ground when they spoke to me that way. I had to do some serious spiritual checking to straighten the way I approached issues at my church. By the grace of God, He is teaching me better ways to handle things.

2014/7/8 13:23Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Another time, a brother was getting ready to try to kick out the Pastor and he invited me over (and I didn't know what exactly was going on) and talked me up and tried to get me on his side.

That is so terrifying to me. I hope those things never happen again, but it does seem to always happen to me. Had the Lord not revealed to me what was going on in both of those situations and others, I would have fallen for it hook, line, and sinker. I knew I was on dangerous ground when they spoke to me that way. I had to do some serious spiritual checking to straighten the way I approached issues at my church. By the grace of God, He is teaching me better ways to handle things.

Thanks for sharing brother.

2014/7/8 19:25Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy