SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : A Pentecostal Pastor in General Support of Strange Fire Conference

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

brothagary writes

Quote:
you guys should hear what brown says befor saying he is actualy teaming up with hinn

Brother, I listened to that discussion in its entirety a few months ago when it first got released, as well as the discussion with Phil Johnson before Dr. Brown went on Benny Hinn's program. TMK mentioned that he voiced concerns to Brown way back in 08. And as I stated I'm almost positive TMK couldn't have been the only person Brown heard that concern from. Brown has had plenty of time throughout the years to check out Benny Hinn, T.D. Jakes, etc. But he says he has not had time. I say baloney. If he really had a love of the truth he would have been checked out Hinn long ago and found serious issues with his teaching and ministry.

awakened writes:
Quote:
Which of these camps is worse than the other? You say the wof guys and maybe you are right but if for example I was living back in John Calvins day I am pretty sure I would have been strung up by the neck. Sure, they don't actually murder people anymore, but I have seen first hand that same "murderous" spirit take hold and control so called men of God and entire churches.

I'll give you that brother. I guess I was mainly considering the current widespread deception that has been infiltrating multitudes of churches worldwide.

Quote:
And lots and lots of people end up getting hurt...all in the name of standing up for the truth...hmmm.

What I meant was that we should not shy away from exposing and confronting WOF false teaching. I meant standing for the truth of the gospel. There is a place for contending for the faith once for all delivered to the saints-Jude 1:3.

Quote:
For me this isn't about taking sides anyway, all these players have issues, and most of them are tainted by money and a lust for recognition and power. Frankly if the Lord was to give his assessment about the lot of them I think we would have a repeat of Revelations 2 and 3 all over again. That's why I don't faun over any preachers, streams or camps or any man for that matter....just Jesus...keeps it clean and simple that way:)

I agree that Jesus must be at the forefront of everything. At the same time, there is a place for being edified by godly preaching and teaching from gifted teachers of God's Word with whom God has blessed us. God's Word says give honor where honor is due. This whole website is dedicated to thousands of sermons and teaching from godly preachers of both the past and present. There is a place for listening to and discussing sermons or articles from godly preachers and receiving edification from such.

The discouraging thing for me was to see so much animosity directed toward JM on this forum and toward cessationism in general. But I guess I'll just have to learn to deal with it and move on respectfully.

2014/7/1 10:02Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Brown has had plenty of time throughout the years to check out Benny Hinn, T.D. Jakes, etc. But he says he has not had time. I say baloney. If he really had a love of the truth he would have been checked out Hinn long ago and found serious issues with his teaching and ministry.

I think what we see here is God's way of showing us the best of men are men at best. Camp allegiance is something the Lord has taught me to avoid. There is only Jesus Christ and the scriptures as illuminated by the Holy Spirit according to the light an indiviudual has. It would be folly for us to bank off either Dr. Brown's light, or JM's light. Both have a measure, but the measure is tainted by each's personal convictions and through the color of the acquired lenses they read scripture. The full spectrum is found only in Jesus Christ, and each of us must learn how to split that light through His Prism irrespective of camp allegiance. Once the light enters our spirit, it becomes revelation and no one can take it from us through crafty proof-texting and homilectical warfare.

Some of the convictions I held to in 2004 have been changed now in 2014. 10 years of learning to look unto Jesus has split the light into different hues. The glass is still dark, but I am catching more light as I continue to admit the glass is dark.

2014/7/1 10:52Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Brother Paul, I will receive that exhortation and will be more lenient toward Dr. Brown and hope that he will take heed to his mistake of joining Benny Hinn on his program. I will agree with your balanced admonition not to completely write off either men of God(JM or MB) at this point in time.

2014/7/1 11:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy