SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are the stories true?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

bearmaster writes:

Quote:
What you label as pettiness is in effect calling into question the testimony of thousands of MBB`s and dismissing a redemptive move of God among the Islamic nations.

So let me get this straight brother. If I told you I don’t believe these brethren actually saw the Lord but rejoice in their salvation it would be enough for you to say, “I can’t fellowship with you or serve the Lord alongside you based on your disbelief in these reports of visions.”?

Quote:
MacArthur believes that one should be converted under a Calvinistic verse by verse exposition of scripture.

Brother, that is a sad misrepresentation and mischaracterization of MacArthur. Just a brief glimpse at his ministry will tell you he believes in the simple preaching of the gospel message under the anointing of the Holy Spirit to bring about the miracle of the new birth.
Quote:
This will not work in Islamic nations. Thus the need for a move of the Holy Spirit among the Moslems by dreams and visions.

I would have to disagree with your assertion that miracles are needed to convert anyone, regardless of where they live. All that is needed is the preaching of the gospel, for IT is the power of God unto salvation, to the Jew first and also to the Gentile-Romans 1:16; Romans 10:14. To deny that and say miracles are needed today is to deny the clear teaching of God’s Word and to over-emphasize miracles.

So we’ll have to agree to disagree I suppose.

my thoughts,
Oracio

2014/6/27 18:06Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

I wonder what John MacArthur would make of this claim by Jonathan Edwards to have seen a vision of Christ.

" Once, as I rode out into the woods for my health, in 1737, having alighted from my horse in a retired place, as my manner commonly has been, to walk for divine contemplation and prayer, I had a view that for me was extraordinary, of the glory of the Son of God, as Mediator between God and man, and his wonderful, great, full, pure and sweet grace and love, and meek and gentle condescension. This grace that appeared so calm and sweet, appeared also great above the heavens. The person of Christ appeared ineffably excellent with an excellency great enough to swallow up all thought and conception ... which continued as near as I can judge, about an hour; which kept me the greater part of the time in a flood of tears, and weeping aloud. I felt an ardency of soul to be, what I know not otherwise how to express, emptied and annihilated; to lie in the dust, and to be full of Christ alone; to love him with a holy and pure love; to trust in him; to live upon him; to serve and follow him; and to be perfectly sanctified and made pure, with a divine and heavenly purity. I have, several other times, had views very much of the same nature, and which have had the same effects. ~ Jonathan Edwards."

Or of John Bunyan in his autobiography " Grace Abounding to the Cheif of Sinners" in which he claims on numerous occasions to see visions of Jesus and hear voices from heaven.

2014/6/27 20:20Profile

Re: Untobabrs

Dear Sister I guess these brothers did not realize God does not do that anymore as the canon of scripture closed out such works of the Spirit :-) :-) :-)

Bear

2014/6/27 20:57

Re:

My last post was tongue in cheek.:-)

Blaine

2014/6/27 20:59
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: God in a box

It is the nature of religion and the willing complicity of men that forces God to bring a fresh and new revelation to all His children. We so want to define His ways, limit His avenues of approach, and judge His methods. We can be so pathetic, the angst in our fleshly bellies making sure we understand everything before timidly stepping out in faith.

Which isn't faith at all, but man-made religion.

"Behold, I do a new thing," declares the Lord.

"Eye hath not seen, nor has an ear heard the things prepared for those who love Him," notes Paul, himself the recipient of revelations from God not known before.

Back in another lifetime of my youth, a Bible School professor and former missionary to India was as deeply in love with Jesus Christ as any man I have ever met. While serving in India, in a time of personal desperate crisis upon which he did not elaborate, Jesus came to him in a physical body, and conversed with him for about 30 minutes.

What do I make of this, he told the story along with other incredible stories to whole classes, and the only real evidence we had of his truthfulness was the awesome holiness he demonstrated all day, every day.

So I of course have no way to verify his words, but his life and love have been a profound influence on me ever since. Whatever happened to him came also to richly bless me and I diligently seek to bless others in my walk.

One thing I do is constantly watch for any manifestation of God's glory in myself or others, knowing I share with Him the presence of His Holy Spirit.

Tomorrow will be a good day, perhaps a great day, and potentially the most profound day ever! I am excited about being alive in it, I have no idea what He is going to do!

By the way, the professor's name was Robert Cummings, perhaps known to some of you old-timers with links to the Assemblies of God.

2014/6/28 0:08Profile
yuehan

Re: Are the stories true?

Hi bearmaster,

You've been posing similar questions over the years (I just came across a similar post of yours dating back to 2011!). Is there a reason behind your reiteration of these questions? Are you looking for a particular kind of response/answer?

2014/6/28 11:24Profile
MaryJane

Re: Are the stories true?

Bearmaster wrote: Are the reports of Moslems coming to Christ via dreams and visions to be dismissed? Are the Moslems only converted through verses by verse exposition of scripture? Does God still speak through dreams and visions today?

I would think if these people are living a changed life, if they have repented of their sins and turned to JESUS, as we are all called to do then what does the rest matter. Look at the fruit that these encounters is producing, that will tell you what you need to know. Are these men/women living daily unto the LORD, submitting and obeying HIM in all things? Have they turned away from sin, rejected the things of the world and made a choice to live unto JESUS only? If the answer is yes then praise GOD!!

A life that has encountered JESUS will change, if HE is now LORD of your life you are not going to be the same person you were before that encounter. I think we can all attest to that simple truth.

God bless
maryjane

2014/6/28 13:20Profile

Re:

MJ writes.........

"I would think if these people are living a changed life, if they have repented of their sins and turned to JESUS, as we are all called to do then what does the rest matter. Look at the fruit that these encounters is producing, that will tell you what you need to know. Are these men/women living daily unto the LORD, submitting and obeying HIM in all things? Have they turned away from sin, rejected the things of the world and made a choice to live unto JESUS only? If the answer is yes then praise GOD!!A life that has encountered JESUS will change, if HE is now LORD of your life you are not going to be the same person you were before that encounter. I think we can all attest to that simple truth."

Indeed sister, this is always the test, is their a changed life. There is coming a day of lying sins and wonders and so everything has to come in line with Scripture. They dont even have to know Scripture initially for the Lord to lead and guide into all Truth, the Holy Spirit is well able to guide genuine converts until they can get a hold of a Bible and be amazed to find the Truth they already " know," there..........bro Frank

2014/6/28 14:54
onemite

Re:

I was just reading in Galatians, and Paul says, "I neither received it from man (the Gospel), nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ."
So- as many of you have said, If a changed life follows, we have no reason to question whether their revelations were genuine or not.

2014/7/7 1:59Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy