SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : John Piper: Watching Nudity on Shows Like 'Game of Thrones' Is ‘Recrucifying Christ’

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Quote:
Not sure how this really applies to the OP. It was about Game of Thrones. I have never seen it. Chances are no one on this board has seen it yet it is being warned about. Trying to figure out why it is being warned about if no one sees it. If it is that bad there needs to be no warning because we would know it is not a good show even if you watch it for a few minutes. My thinking at least.

Yes, I got curious enough to know what this thing was and looked it up and regretted it afterward as it shows women with thong bottom underwear and completely bare breasts. It's like looking at a Playboy or Hustler magazine and trying to justify it by saying it's just art or appreciating beauty. Our Lord calls it lust, heart-adultery.

2014/6/25 10:55Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

I would not recommend for any believers to get curious enough like I did and look it up. It is a show that shows nude women. That should be enough for us flee far from it. I had to repent after looking this filth up. I should have used more caution.

2014/6/25 10:59Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

The fact that many professing Christians approve of watching this junk, even pastors, is another sign of the dark times of apostasy we are living in IMO.

2014/6/25 11:02Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by Oracio on 2014/6/25 8:02:05

The fact that many professing Christians approve of watching this junk, even pastors, is another sign of the dark times of apostasy we are living in IMO.

Just the headlines about this show were enough to convince me to stir clear completely. There is so much perversion going on in this one show all in the name of entertainment. I agree with your caution to others about looking it up. I think that is what John Piper is sharing in the OP post.

God bless
maryjane

2014/6/25 12:24Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Why should it alarm anyone that some professing Christians would watch something you might consider wrong? Often there is talk about professing Christians who may not be Christian at all. I would think that any professing Christian who seeks a deeper life in Jesus doesn't make time for shows like that from an entertainment pov. Often it would not matter what you might say to these viewers because they will defend the content and pass it off as nothing.

It is concerning but I don't think there is a need for a crusade on it. After all, it is here today and may be gone in a year and then 'we' will find something else to 'complain' about. It becomes a never ending saga in my eyes and mind.

John

btw, I saw the movie 'Alone, yet not alone'. Knew nothing about the movie except a very brief clip from it. I was impressed to hear prayers to Jesus and a reading of the bible and then I found that, although it is a story based on fact, it is also a story that has the Christian element within it. Joni ericsontada sings at the end of it.

There is some Hollywood cheesyneess in it as well. i.e. Barbara, a main character, seems to have her eyebrows waxed and a little white shine in her face at times while the others don't. It is a little turn off to me. Let's be authentic with it people! I also think it would turn liberals off because the movie shows the Indians to be mere savages. Takes place in 1755.

2014/6/25 19:34Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy