SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : is head covering literal or spiritual

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
trueblue

is head covering literal or spiritual

would love to know peoples thoughts on this..when scripture talks of a woman covering her head, do you think it refers to a veil or her husband.

2014/6/23 2:09Profile
MaryJane

Re: is head covering literal or spiritual

Greeting trueblue

I think if you do a search of the forum you will find there have been a lot of discussion on this topic over the years. I have actually learned a lot on this matter. For myself, I have prayed on this matter, and sought out other brothers in CHRIST as well as my husband. After much prayer and seeking the LORD I believe my husband is my covering. I have no issues with sisters who see things differently and wear the head covering. I am always thankful to see them being faithful to the things the LORD has shown them, as I do also.

God bless
mj

2014/6/23 9:46Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

As sister shared there are many discussions on this in the past. Also we must first have grace for all and never judge and allow the freedom of each sister in this case.

I personally have found this simple short teaching on Head Covering by K.P. Yohannan in this small booklet to be the best on the subject. My wife does cover her head and believes it is literal.

(Pdf Book) Head Coverings by K.P. Yohannan
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=25173

2014/6/23 10:25Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

My own best understanding is to take 1 Corinthians 11 literally on this. I also do not judge anyone who applies it as a figurative, husband as covering, or even Christ as covering, cultural statement. Personally I cannot honestly read it as culturally bound. My wife does not wear a head covering. I do not lead her to do that. She submits to me and to Christ. Her own honest view is that it is a spiritual covering by me and that literal coverings were cultural. I am content that she is not of a self willed heart on the matter.

2014/6/23 12:55Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

But dolfan, what about the angels? ;)

2014/6/23 14:20Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Said a bride to her good husband, Ted
"You can't make me cover my head!"
Since she would not repent
She was consigned to torment
She should have listened to Ted.

2014/6/23 16:16Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by TMK on 2014/6/23 13:16:09

Said a bride to her good husband, Ted
"You can't make me cover my head!"
Since she would not repent
She was consigned to torment
She should have listened to Ted.

Greetings TMK

I realize you probably meant this to be funny but if I may share with you it does come across a bit mocking of others. The truth is I know several sisters who dearly love the LORD and feel convicted wear the head covering. They do so with love in their heart for their husbands and the LORD JESUS. And sadly these same sister have to put up with being made fun of and even mocked by others from both the christian and non christian community.

Now you may think I am being sensitive and others might agree with you but on behalf of my sisters in CHRIST, I would just ask you to prayerfully consider before you post things like this. To you it may be a no big deal issue but for those of us who prayed about it, it matters a great deal.

Please consider what I have shared
God bless
maryjane

2014/6/23 16:38Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hi MJ--

I didn't intend any offense. Just a little satire for what I believe to be a silly topic. Just my opinion of course.

This is a topic that has been discussed as infinitum here and elsewhere.

Some women choose to wear a head covering because they think scripture says so. Other women do not wear a head covering because they think scripture does NOT say so.

Both are right.

2014/6/23 18:36Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

I agree with sister, the tone of your comment was not charitable nor biblical, headcovering has never been a salvation issue. I recommend sisters and brothers to read this short booklet for a graceful biblical response to this subject:

(Pdf Book) Head Coverings by K.P. Yohannan
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=25173

2014/6/23 18:37Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I am not saying it is a salvation issue; it is a sin issue. If it is a sin to not wear a head covering then there are millions of unrepentant sinners in the church. Are unrepentant sinners saved? I would argue no, but I guess that is another discussion.

My point is that it is not a sin not to not wear a head covering. But there are many persons who try to burden women with this requirement arguing that it is biblically required and a sin not to do so.

The only point I am trying to make is that it is not a sin to not wear a head covering and nobody has the right to say that it is.

2014/6/23 21:51Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy