SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : PCUSA assembly: Gay marriage is Christian

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 PCUSA assembly: Gay marriage is Christian

"The General Assembly has committed an express repudiation of the Bible, the mutually agreed upon Confessions of the PCUSA, thousands of years of faithfulness to God's clear commands and the denominational ordination vows of each concurring commissioner," the Presbyterian Lay Committee said in a statement.

Of the mainline Protestant denominations, only the United Church of Christ supports gay marriage outright. The Episcopal Church has approved a prayer service for blessing same-sex unions. The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America has eliminated barriers for gay clergy but allows regional and local church officials to decide their own policies on ordination and blessings for same-sex couples.

The largest mainline group, the United Methodist Church, with about 7.8 million U.S. members, bars ordaining people in same-sex relationships. However, church members have been debating whether to split ...

read more: http://www.mercurynews.com/faith/ci_25995667/presbyterian-pastors-can-preside-at-gay-marriages

2014/6/21 11:13Profile

Re: PCUSA assembly: Gay marriage is Christian

bro Greg,
I have the Guardian as my home page, and the PCUSA is certainly busy.....they decided to divest their stock portfolio of companies whose products Israel uses in the "Palestinian territories"....three companies, Caterpillar, HP, and Motorola Solutions.

so I guess, shorthanded, love queers, hate Israel. (don't worry, homosexuals "love" to be called 'queer')

this all has me rather fluxed...they take a pretty straightforward sin issue, man laying with man, and they attempt to give it covering in Christ Jesus, and they take the Vine, and attempt to sully it....to ignore the MIRACLE that Israel EVEN exists to this day, facing off vastly outnumbered against enemies that bay and howl for Jewish blood.

I don't understand any of it.

article

Presbyterian Church votes to divest holdings to sanction Israel

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/21/presbyterian-church-votes-divest-holdings-to-sanction-israel

2014/6/21 13:55

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy