SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Iraq, and the economy

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Iraq, and the economy

I have a friend, she is a christian stay at home mom, and her husband works full time to provide for the family. They live in the colder area of the country, up north near the border with Canada and this winter was really difficult for them because like many older homes in the north they heat with oil. This past winter they saw their heating bills go crazy. Now with all that is happening in the world, Russia, the middle east there is concern if the prices of oil is going to go up even more. I know there are many families who will be in this same place if we have another harsh freezing winter like this last one.How to pay to heat their homes. I think if the prices do go up we all will be affected in food prices as well as gasoline prices. There are so many things happening at once but the one thing I do know is that GOD is in control and that in HIM I can have hope. I put my faith in HIM in these times, when the world looks like such a dark and scary place. I know there are other moms who are struggling with the unknown, I just wanted to take a moment and share that I pray with you. I pray for the country to see its need for JESUS. I pray for our leaders to turn away from sin and repent. I pray for the lost to come to JESUS. Surely these things happening are a sign of the times, and a call to be in prayer. I don't know what tomorrow brings, I only know that JESUS is my strong tower, HE is my refuge and my strength. I just wanted to share that with those who might be struggling this morning...be encouraged for HE has overcome!!!

God bless
maryjane

2014/6/14 10:22Profile

Re: Iraq, and the economy

Thank you for your post and encouragement
Yes I also believe there are difficult times ahead of us. Pastor Lindsey Williams shares a bit of what might be ahead of us http://www.lindseywilliams.net/
The question we need to ask ourselves is what are the fundamental reasons behind all of this. Here is another interesting article about the fall of Israel http://www.enduringword.com/commentaries/1217.htm
The author comes to the following conclusion "At the root, it was a problem with sin. It wasn’t geopolitical changes or social causes – it was sin."
I think there are many lessons we can learn from the fall of Israel. But the root of the problems today are still the same - sin!
So i think we should first of all prepare ourselves spiritually for the times ahead, with God's Word and Sermons etc. Then there are probably also many practical steps we can take depending on our own circumstances. Eg I'm currently insulating my property and put a new log burner in etc. But we need to be aware that one day we might have to go to prison for sharing the Gospel or they might take the property away from us.
"Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away."Luke 21:33
"All these faithful ones died without receiving what God had promised them, but they saw it all from a distance and welcomed the promises of God. They agreed that they were no more than foreigners and nomads here on earth."Hebrews 11:13 NLT

The LORD is king! Let the earth rejoice! Let the farthest coastlands be glad.Psalm 97:1

Blessings
Markus

2014/6/15 3:47

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy