SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Controversial Subject

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

If I may offer some observational insight:

Much scripture and many words have been passed back and forth in these posts; what happened to being a "living letter", a consistent witness (in deed) of Jesus Christ and then when the Holy Spirit provides an open door of opportunity presenting the Gospel message to them?

jhm

2005/10/9 21:42

Re:

Being a Christian is being like Jesus.

"The world cannot hate you [speaking to non-believers]; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil." John 7:7

2005/10/9 22:38
agape22

Anchorage, AK

Re: the Fire of God

To Eli_Barnabas: I do not know who you are, sir, but might I say that you may not want what you are asking for. The "Fire of God" you speak of being washed and in I am assuming you are refering to the baptism of fire, which is JUDGMENT, not salvation, nor any other special power. The Holy Spirit is indwelt in a believer from the time of their salvation. The power we really need stems from the study of the Word of God. It is then applied in our lives, because if we believe it, we will live it, THEN we will shine our light before men and they will see our good works and glorify our Father in Heaven(Mat 5:16).

The annointing you speak is already on a believer. Peter tells in his first epistle that believers are "a chosen generation, a royal priesthood."

The Power of God resides in the Holy Spirit in each of us. In John 14:16. Christ speaks of a "Helper" or "Comforter" that will be with us forever, the Spirit of Truth, and He will dwell in us.

It is not rare these days, what is rare is the proclaiming of it these days.

2005/10/17 4:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy