In Christ:

I am . . . (Ephesians 1:1)

I am . . . (John 1:12)

I have . . . (Romans 5:1)

I am . . .

I belong . . .

I am . . .

. . .

TMK, I do not know whether or not you realize it, but what you have posted, in the way you have posted it, actually reinforces the opposite of what you declare. For to read over, and over, "I am" without "In Christ" actually fixes in the mind of the reader that we are these things, in and of ourselves, without Christ.

2014/6/12 14:18Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Travis,

I am with you brother. Thank you for posting.

Mike

2014/6/12 15:05Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Heartsong---

"In Christ" is implied before each statement. It is not that difficult to understand that. In Christ I am all those things and do are you.

2014/6/12 15:15Profile
HeartSong

Re: TMK

Quote:
"In Christ" is implied before each statement. It is not that difficult to understand that. In Christ I am all those things and do are you.

It is not a matter of understanding, it is a matter of entraining. To have written "In Christ I am . . ." before each statement would have reinforced that it is only in Christ that we are these things. Or to have written "In Christ I am:" only at the beginning with all of the remaining statements being incomplete without the whole beginning statement would also have served well. But the way it is currently structured the words "I am," as applied to ourselves, clearly overrides the singular statement of "In Christ" which no longer even appears on the screen by the time a person gets down to the bottom of the list.

Would it not have been better to just write out the scriptures as the LORD has given them? for:

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." - Philippians 4:13

Is quite the opposite of:

"I am not helpless (Philippians 4:13)"

Our minds have quite forgotten the words "In Christ" after having received well over 50 statements of "I am." While we may have started with our focus on the LORD, it is very much on ourselves by the time we reach the end of the list.

2014/6/12 19:12Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

To quote the timeless words of Charlie Brown,

"Good grief."

2014/6/12 20:39Profile
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

Quote:
TMK stated - To quote the timeless words of Charlie Brown,

"Good grief."

When I read a post like that I wish that SI had a "like" button similar to Facebook.

TMK - heres a smiley face :-) and two thumbs up _I I_ . Best I can do under the circumstances.

2014/6/12 21:37Profile
HeartSong

Re: TMK

Quote:
To quote the timeless words of Charlie Brown,

"Good grief."

Tis indeed a grief to lead others away from Christ. However, I would not call it good.

2014/6/13 0:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy