Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Why WOF is a different gospel

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Why WOF is a different gospel

I thought this was an excellent quick explanation of the problem with WOF theology and gives some good historical background.

It' pretty short:

http://youtu.be/extyf-e_jEc

2014/6/9 14:49Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Why WOF is a different gospel

Positive confession of the Word of God has been greatly abused and misinterpreted by many of the faith teachers.

There is a claiming of the promises in the Word of God that has been taught by many great teachers such as Andrew Murray, Watchman Nee, and A. B. Simpson, just to name a few.

The right confession of the Word of God is to say what God says about any matter or subject in the Word of God. In other words, it is being in agreement with God.

When we pray, we should be praying the Word of God, which is the will of God.

If any of you are interested in a teaching on confessing and proclaiming the Word of God that is scriptural, please listen to this teaching by Derek Prince: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1QJnBKrry8

Mike

2014/6/9 15:23Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

This message by David Wilkerson is very powerful on this subject:

Another Gospel by David Wilkerson
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=2&commentView=itemComments

2014/6/9 16:00Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Powerful message, very convicting, yet full of hope! Thank you Greg!

Another Gospel by David Wilkerson
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=2&commentView=itemComments

2014/6/9 16:54Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
If any of you are interested in a teaching on confessing and proclaiming the Word of God that is scriptural, please listen to this teaching by Derek Prince: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1QJnBKrry8

Mike

Thank you Mike, I found this sermon to be MOST helpful.

Here is a quote that stood out to me:
"The only power strong enough to overcome evil, is good. So you have to learn to meet the negative, and overcome it with the positive, but it has to be based on this word."

It is a sad thing that the Word of Faith movement is draining so much power away from the church. First of all, they are proclaiming the wrong thing - and it sounds as if there are many of them - but even worse is those that do not proclaim anything out of fear of being like them.

2014/6/10 1:02Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"It is a sad thing that the Word of Faith movement is draining so much power away from the church. First of all, they are proclaiming the wrong thing - and it sounds as if there are many of them - but even worse is those that do not proclaim anything out of fear of being like them."

Heartsong,

I believe that what you have said concerning the Word of Faith movement is very accurate, and that much of the Church today can be found in one of these two camps.

Concerning confession and proclamation of the Word of God, many within the Body of Christ have departed from the balanced teacing of the Word of God and have gone into the ditch on either side of the road of life. The enemy got in way back in the 70's and begain to make confessing and claiming the Word into something that is totally outside the will of God. Men began to shun sound doctrine and the teaching of the cross, and pervert certain promises in the Word of God to promote and enrich themselves.

However, let's not throw the baby away with the bath water. Because of the wrong teaching and emphasis of the prosperity teachers, many Christians have disgarded the truth and necessity of confessing and proclaiming the Word of God to their own hurt.

I am thankful that when I was first exposed to the teachings on confession back in the early 70's that there was not a lot of the perversion of the truth that came in later. One of the things that helped keep me on track and in balance is that I was receiving David Wilkerson's newsletters at this time.

Faith and confession are a vital part of the Christian life, and even salvation came about as a result of faith and confession. "that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;" (Romans 10:9).

To say that we are not sick when we are would be a lie, but we ought to say what the Word of God says about our situation that "surely He hath bore our griefs (sicknesses)
And carried our sorrows;(pains)
Yet we esteemed Him stricken,
Smitten by God, and afflicted.
But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed." (Isaiah 53:4-6).

"For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God." (1 Corinthians 1:20)

Mike

2014/6/10 9:15Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I agree we should be speaking out scripture and things like this:

In Christ:

I am faithful (Ephesians 1:1)

I am God's child (John 1:12)

I have been justified (Romans 5:1)

I am Christ's friend (John 15:15)

I belong to God (1 Corinthians 6:20)

I am a member of Christ's Body (1 Corinthians 12:27)

I am assured all things work together for good (Romans 8:28)

I have been established, anointed and sealed by God (2 Corinthians 1:21-22)

I am confident that God will perfect the work He has begun in me (Philippians 1:6)

I am a citizen of heaven (Philippians 3:20)

I am hidden with Christ in God (Colossians 3:3)

I have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love and self-discipline (2 Timothy 1:7)

I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me (1 John 5:18)

I am blessed in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing (Ephesians 1:3)

I am chosen before the creation of the world (Ephesians 1:4, 11)

I am holy and blameless (Ephesians 1:4)

I am adopted as his child (Ephesians 1:5)

I am given God's glorious grace lavishly and without restriction (Ephesians 1:5,8)

I am in Him (Ephesians 1:7; 1 Corinthians 1:30)

I have redemption (Ephesians 1:8)

I am forgiven (Ephesians 1:8; Colossians 1:14)

I have purpose (Ephesians 1:9 & 3:11)

I have hope (Ephesians 1:12)

I am included (Ephesians 1:13)

I am sealed with the promised Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13)

I am a saint (Ephesians 1:18)

I am salt and light of the earth (Matthew 5:13-14)

I have been chosen and God desires me to bear fruit (John 15:1,5)

I am a personal witness of Jesus Christ (Acts 1:8)

I am God's coworker (2 Corinthians 6:1)

I am a minister of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:17-20)

I am alive with Christ (Ephesians 2:5)

I am raised up with Christ (Ephesians 2:6; Colossians 2:12)

I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realms (Ephesians 2:6)

I have been shown the incomparable riches of God's grace (Ephesians 2:7)

God has expressed His kindness to me (Ephesians 2:7)

I am God's workmanship (Ephesians 2:10)

I have been brought near to God through Christ's blood (Ephesians 2:13)

I have peace (Ephesians 2:14)

I have access to the Father (Ephesians 2:18)

I am a member of God's household (Ephesians 2:19)

I am secure (Ephesians 2:20)

I am a holy temple (Ephesians 2:21; 1 Corinthians 6:19)

I am a dwelling for the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 2:22)

I share in the promise of Christ Jesus (Ephesians 3:6)

God's power works through me (Ephesians 3:7)

I can approach God with freedom and confidence (Ephesians 3:12)

I know there is a purpose for my sufferings (Ephesians 3:13)

I can grasp how wide, long, high and deep Christ's love is (Ephesians 3:18)

I am completed by God (Ephesians 3:19)

I can bring glory to God (Ephesians 3:21)

I have been called (Ephesians 4:1; 2 Timothy 1:9)

I can be humble, gentle, patient and lovingly tolerant of others (Ephesians 4:2)

I can mature spiritually (Ephesians 4:15)

I can be certain of God's truths and the lifestyle which He has called me to(Ephesians 4:17)

I can have a new attitude and a new lifestyle (Ephesians 4:21-32)

I can be kind and compassionate to others (Ephesians 4:32)

I can forgive others (Ephesians 4:32)

I am a light to others, and can exhibit goodness, righteousness and truth (Ephesians 5:8-9)

I can understand what God's will is (Ephesians 5:17)

I can give thanks for everything (Ephesians 5:20)

I don't have to always have my own agenda (Ephesians 5:21)

I can honor God through marriage (Ephesians 5:22-33)

I can parent my children with composure (Ephesians 6:4)

I can be strong (Ephesians 6:10)

I have God's power (Ephesians 6:10)

I can stand firm in the day of evil (Ephesians 6:13)

I am dead to sin (Romans 1:12)

I am not alone (Hebrews 13:5)

I am growing (Colossians 2:7)

I am His disciple (John 13:15)

I am prayed for by Jesus Christ (John 17:20-23)

I am united with other believers (John 17:20-23)

I am not in want (Philippians 4:19)

I possess the mind of Christ (I Corinthians 2:16)

I am promised eternal life (John 6:47)

I am promised a full life (John 10:10)

I am victorious (I John 5:4)

My heart and mind is protected with God's peace (Philippians 4:7)

I am chosen and dearly loved (Colossians 3:12)

I am blameless (I Corinthians 1:8)

I am set free (Romans 8:2; John 8:32)

I am crucified with Christ (Galatians 2:20)

I am a light in the world (Matthew 5:14)

I am more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37)

I am the righteousness of God (2 Corinthians 5:21)

I am safe (I John 5:18)

I am part of God's kingdom (Revelation 1:6)

I am healed from sin (I Peter 2:24)

I am no longer condemned (Romans 8:1, 2)

I am not helpless (Philippians 4:13)

I am overcoming (I John 4:4)

I am persevering (Philippians 3:14)

I am protected (John 10:28)

I am born again (I Peter 1:23)

I am a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17)

I am delivered (Colossians 1:13)

I am redeemed from the curse of the Law (Galatians 3:13)

I am qualified to share in His inheritance (Colossians 1:12)

I am victorious (1 Corinthians 15:57)

2014/6/10 9:44Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"In Christ"

Brother, these are all good confessions, and what makes them all true is that little phrase "in Christ".

True confession of the Word of God is not positive thinking. It is not merely saying positive things about yourself or thinking positive thoughts. True confession and proclamation is confessing who you are "in Christ."

It would not be true to say "I can do all things." For the Word of God says, that "without me you can do nothing." The truth is that "I can do all things THROUGH CHRIST who strengthens me."

Two of the teachers that have perverted the truth of the gospel are Robert Schuller and Joel Osteen. For they are teaching a self help message that makes victory a matter of what you think and what you say. The perverted faith message
made man the center of the universe, and perverted the "Christ centered" message of the gospel.

All that we have as believers is based on the finished work of Jesus Christ. We can claim nothing as Christians but what we posses in Him. "God has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in heavenly places IN CHRIST." (Ephesians 1:3).

Mike

2014/6/10 11:15Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

The shock and horror some will have in that day when they realize the gospel is all about Jesus Christ and not themselves.

2014/6/10 12:12Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Every truth, followed to the exclusion of other truth, will always lead to error of one form or another. There is a great truth in the teaching of the word of faith movement that is sometimes missing from other parts of the body of Christ. Faith is a positive response to what God has already decreed. The confession of our mouth is like a thermometer that reveals the temperature of our heart. We will naturally say those things that are revelation to us. The confession of our mouth also causes faith to arise in our hearts.

I have often repeated scriptures to myself, knowing that speaking and hearing these scriptures would cause them to take root in my heart and change me. When I am faced with a difficult situation in my life, I need to refuse to speak anything other than the truth of the word of God in that situation for it is the word of God that is quick and powerful and effectual in changing both my heart as well as the situation. The fact that some in the WOF movement have gone into a ditch does not negate the truth about confessing and speaking the word of God in the situation.

I have known people who would be considered part of the WOF movement that have been mightily used of God and who are solid in the word, not given to the errors that so many use to speak against the movement. These people would also speak against the errors that are found in many in that camp. But then again, I have seen this in virtually every denominational division in the body of Christ.

This is why we need to be students of the word of God and not simply followers of our own favorite "ism". I fellowship with Pentacostals, Baptists, Church of God, AoG, WOF, Christian Church folk, and many others who belong to no particular denomination. What I find is that those who are committed to Christ and committed to the prayerful study of the word of God with a heart that is totally committed to being shaped and molded by the word, are solid in doctrine and mightily used of God regardless of their denominational affiliation.

2014/6/12 12:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy