SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Random Sermon of the Week (6/8/14-6/14/14)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
havok20x

Re:

Brothers, we could argue circles about future events all day long. To be honest, none of us can have a definite opinion about details of the future that simply don't appear in scripture.

We can guess, but because of the nature of this discussion, none of us can give anything but an opinion, even if it is a strong one.

Let us just resolve to do what the Scriptures say and Test a prophet by 1) his character (you shall know a tree by its fruits) and 2) his message accuracy (as referenced previously).

I am not going to go on Dean Odle's website looking for reasons to question his character. So I am just left with the content of the message, which I will wait and see if it comes to pass.

2014/6/12 14:03Profile

Re: 2 Peter 3

Here is a pertinent scripture passage that speaks to this subject matter...knowing these things, how ought we to live?

"But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men. But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat! But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless, and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard so that you are not carried away by the error of unprincipled men and fall from your own steadfastness, but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen."
(2 Peter 3)

2014/6/12 14:12
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

Also, our brother, Dean, should avoid Auburn, AL. Can anything good come out of Auburn? Yes. I-85.

; )

(This is a college football joke for everyone outside of the Southeast US who might wonder what I'm talking about...just trying to lighten the mood.)

2014/6/12 14:25Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hey awakened--

Several posts back on this thread aservant posted links to the omegashock website whic in my view is sensationalist tripe.

I did not mean to suggest it was Dean Odle' website and I apologize for that impression.

I agree that there is nothing wrong with giving a brother with a message like Deans the benefit of the doubt as long as he is not being sensationalistic and his motives are pure. I think those are likely true of Dean.

2014/6/12 15:20Profile
a-servant

Re:

"To be honest, none of us can have a definite opinion about details of the future that simply don't appear in scripture."

und you say that because you cannot identify the more sure word of prophecy in this regard?

2 Peter 1:19  We have also a more sure word of prophecy;

we discussed that several times here which parts of scripture identify the last times ruling nation, and you never looked into that?

Don't you think we can identify the times of the end and its players 100% ? Unless we are on the same level as the pharisees. And that the word of prophecy is 'more sure' than any kind of forum talk, where details of any message are always surpressed with typical phrases only old women and children respond to?

2014/6/12 23:22Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Quote: "Don't you think we can identify the times of the end and its players 100% ?"

Absolutely and 100% NO. If you can, start naming some names.

2014/6/13 6:33Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Besides, 2Pet. 1:19 is not even talking about "end times" prophecy. It is talking about the OT scriptures that foretold the coming of Jesus.

2014/6/13 7:50Profile
havok20x

Re:

a-servant,

If you go through and read the annals of church history in regards to end-time interpretation, Scripture was almost always read through the lenses of current events.

The 1st century Christians believed that the end would be brought about about the Roman Empire. Middle Ages Christians believed it was through the Muslims. The reformation era guys believed it was through the Catholic church and the papacy. Many believers today believe it was through America.

Do you see? Every great nation that rises up and commits atrocities is a type. There will ALWAYS be wars and rumors of wars (and Dean Odle said that was a sign of the end, but Jesus was merely saying that those things would be happening until the end. Remember, he said "But the end is not yet.") I am not saying that Jesus couldn't come back tomorrow and America be synonomous with Babylon. I'm not saying that. But I am also not saying that some other nation isn't going to rise up greater, more powerful, and more hateful of God than America.

Does America deserve judgment? Yes. So does Europe. So does the middle east. So does every nation on the face of the earth.

2014/6/13 10:33Profile
brothagary

Re:

i think your right havoc regarding all deseving judment ,,,but what the real issue is that america has so many profesing christians ,,,people name the name of christ ,,,, america has been givern so much gosple light ,,,for to whom much is givern much is required in a this scence,,,,,,,,america may have reject more light in the last 50 years then one could realy comprehend ,,the tide of blasphemy must reach gods boundays and turn

blessings havoc i watched another sermon last night by eric ludy ,,it is called the tree ,,,,i feel is edafied me eeven more then that last message ,an amasing sermon about the cross of christ ,,iv never herd a sermon preaced in that way about the cross ,,,,,,,just thought id share that ,,because i may get in trouble if i post another sermon out side sermon index

2014/6/13 18:06Profile
a-servant

Re:

...and that's the point we haven't even touched yet, judgment comes first because of the ones that call themselves by his name, i.e.:

quote: "america may have reject more light in the last 50 years then one could realy comprehend ,,the tide of blasphemy must reach gods boundays and turn"

John Little wrote something similar, more specific yesterday:

"let’s not forget that if God would destroy Israel in the Old Testament for HER sins… What do you think that the Lord will do to us, who claim Him for ourselves, and do worse?"

It's the claiming of Jesus name and person while doing worse part, that's like an excercise in "ultimate corruption" and blasphemy.

Yet we "are under grace" - and we are "saved" - right, according to inhouse local understanding. Did you ever check that on validity outside the current belief system as done for example in the book:

"Studies on Saving Faith" - by A. W. Pink

read that online and compare it to current common belief regarding who and who isn't saved, and the question "what is the gospel". I'm sure if A. W. Pink would preach that today anywhere in the US he would never get invited back. The controversy does not come because of Pink's understanding, but because of the corruption of the "modern gospel system" that uses only extracted simple out of context formulars that statistically produces millions of "converts" that claim Him for ourselves, and do worse nonetheless. And that's where this attempt to look for anyone righteous to stop the judgment ends.

2014/6/13 23:04Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy