SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Underground Chinese Church 1980's Powerful Prayer (video)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Underground Chinese Church 1980's Powerful Prayer (video)

This video touches my heart. Oh how we need the Holy Spirit in our church meetings to agree with His burdens for a lost world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUOP7g8cMXw

2014/6/7 13:00Profile
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

Re: Underground Chinese Church 1980's Powerful Prayer (video)

Do it again Lord and start with me...

2014/6/7 15:23Profile
jujashan4

Re:

It seems that video isn't on youtube anymore.

2014/8/9 8:53Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

We fixed this link, thanks for letting us know.

2014/8/9 11:50Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

This is a wonderful testimony of a people who are truly hungry and thirsty. Oh that we could have such a move as this in America!

17 years ago God called a handful of us out of the institutional church and we began a small home church as we were hungering for a deeper and greater move of God.

While God did add a few souls we found that there was no hunger and thirsting for God or His Holy Spirit. God however taught and met with us in a powerful way but I was longing for more fellowship with other believers.

One day I went to a festival in my community and there are typically several local churches that set up booths and promote their church, programs, concerts, sporting events, fairs, picnics... And my buddy and I stopped and spoke with a few of them.

It was amazing because all the conversations were difficult, when they asked where we went to church and we told them we met in a house church they then asked why?
Well, they did not like the answer and all these conversations with every church was like oil and water.

Disgruntled, we pressed on. My friend was several paces ahead of me and as I looked I saw two men from India holding books and trying to pass them out, my friend got there first and he put up his hand and said, "No thanks, I am not interested" He said this because we have a large number of Hindu's where I live.

As I approached I noticed a banner and on it was a scripture, John 14:6, I was taken aback and as I got closer the first man reached out and handed me the Gospel of John!
I was in shock at first, I looked at the book and then the banner and then at them and they were just smiling.

Then the light bulb after it seemed liked an eternity went on and I said, "You guys are Christian!" and they said yes.
I had been praying to meet other believers I could engage in a conversation about God without getting attacked or laughed at and here they finally were!

I asked many questions as I was looking at all the Gospel tracts they had on the table, hundreds! I asked if they had a church and they said yes and I said where is it, where are your pamphlets for your church, what is the name of your church, how can I contact you?

The one man then went digging through a box and finally found a card with the number and website. The thing that stood out was that this church was not promoting their church but the word of God.

That was a little over 2 years ago and I have been there ever since. This church is so un-American and is given to reaching out with the Gospel. We do several outreaches in two major colleges here in Michigan and while there are a scant few Americans who will respond, we find more of the foreign students who respond and come to hear the Gospel.

When we have several meetings and camps for prayer, teaching, outreaches, and fellowships we have people coming from all around the world, literally. Most of them are foreign and not from America and they come to teach and exhort us in the ways of the Lord.

I am sorry for the long explanation but this video touched me so, I pray that more people here in America would have such a zeal for the things of God. My brother in law and I both attend this church and they are so happy we are there. They said they have been praying to God that their church would not just be a church of people from India, but all cultures and God is answering.

2014/8/10 9:18Profile
jujashan4

Re:

That's beautiful dfella, thanks for sharing :-)

For me the thought/feeling at the moment is that I want to be free from the mentality of "going to church“ but rather "be the church" and meet with others with the same mindset.

Do you people think that's ok?

2014/8/12 7:27Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

Agreed. "Going" to church has a tendency to fulfill a sense of duty or an obligation, a rather empty cliche for many.

"Being" the church is a living organism and not an organization, a fellowship and not a membership.

Here are some thoughts on "Being" the church with others of the same mindset.

Acts 1:14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

Acts 2:42-47 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. (43) And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles. (44) And all that believed were together, and had all things common; (45) And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. (46) And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, (47) Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

1 Corinthians 14:26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

1 Corinthians 12:12-14 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. (13) For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. (14) For the body is not one member, but many.

1 John 4:7-8 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. (8) He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Galatians 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Ephesians 4:11-13 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; (12) For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: (13) Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

I've been watching more videos of Christians abroad and sharing with my new neighbor who is from China which is numbering upward of over 70+ Million Believers.

2014/8/13 0:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy