SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : HOMOSEXUAL EPISCOPAL BISHOP IMPLIES THAT JESUS WAS "GAY"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

HOMOSEXUAL EPISCOPAL BISHOP IMPLIES THAT JESUS WAS "GAY"

Gene Robinson, the homosexual who was ordained a bishop in the Episcopal Church in America in 2003, implied recently that the Lord Jesus might have been "gay." Speaking at Christ Church of Hamilton and Wenham, Mass., he said: "...this man that we follow was single, as far as we know, traveled with a bunch of men, had a disciple who was known as 'the one whom Jesus loved'..." ("Rev. Gene Robinson: Jesus might be gay," WorldNetDaily, April 3).

What blasphemey!

Undaunted by the criticism against his ordination, he declared, "God's light and God's life ooze over me like warm butter." The Bible identifies that "ooze" more precisely as the spirit of the devil.

[i]"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience" (Eph. 2:2)

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of
truth shall be evil spoken of" (2 Pet. 2:1-2)[/i]

Krispy

2005/4/15 8:49

Re: HOMOSEXUAL EPISCOPAL BISHOP IMPLIES THAT JESUS WAS "GAY"

You get what you pay for. You reap what you so. Lord have mercy on us all.

2005/4/15 9:27
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Yes.. when i read that article a week ago or however long it was... it was sickening.. but sadly enough not surpizing.. Sinners will do anything they can to justify themselves.

2005/4/15 11:18Profile

Re:

We have to give an account for every word that comes out of our mouths... can you imagine standing before the throne of God explaining why you taught men that Jesus was gay? Wow... I wouldnt want to be in that dudes shoes...

Krispy

2005/4/15 11:29
Angyl

Re:

Obviously the man hates God. He is a tare...a wolf in sheep's clothing, and I pity his soul.

2005/4/15 12:09Profile

Re: HOMOSEXUAL EPISCOPAL BISHOP IMPLIES THAT JESUS WAS "GAY"

Homosexuality is sooooooooo deceptive. When your caught in it's web,it's very difficult to get free, it is that bad.

But as for this man, I want you to know that these guys have been this way LORD knows when. Roberts Liardon is in the same boat. I feel more for him than I do this bishop. But I guess Liardon is no different.

Karl

2005/4/15 12:52

Re:

Quote:
Roberts Liardon is in the same boat. I feel more for him than I do this bishop. But I guess Liardon is no different.

At least Liardon knows it's sin, and doesnt teach others that it's cool with God... This Bishop is completely deceived, and teaching others to follow him.

[b]Matthew 18:6[/b] [i]But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.[/i]

Krispy

2005/4/15 13:40

Re:

Krispy and I come from completely different points of view on homosexuality, but on this point he's right. This Bishop is a danger to others by insinuating that Jesus was gay and that the unretrained homosexual lifestyle is ok.

But, since homosexuality is known to occur throughout nature, I accept that it is part of our nature as humans and that some people are genetically predisposed to it. (I am not one of these, but several friends are.) I think such people should be held to the same moral restraints as heterosexuals and it is the wantonness of the homosexual lifestyle that is the real sin against God. Same goes for heterosexuals.

Is unrestrained heterosexual activity any more sinful than unrestrained homosexual activity? I don't think so. And I also don't think that a homosexual is necessaryily condemned if they live faithfully and in a truly loving relationship. God made this person this way from the get go. ANd God don't make no junk!

Bubbaguy

2005/4/15 16:31
Angyl

Re:

Quote:
"God made this person this way from the get go. ANd God don't make no junk!"

Excuse me, but that's a very sloppy attitude. "God made me this way so it's all right if I act on my nature?"

WRONG!

We're all made with a NATURE to sin in various ways. Some stronger than others. Your true argument isn't that homosexuals were made with a tendency to sin (that way) because we were [b]ALL[/b] made with a tendency towards sin.

Your attitude, can truly, if the glitter is to be stripped away, be described as [i]"This particular sin...avoiding it means a lifestyle so unpleasant, I don't think God really meant for it to be a 'sin'."[/i]

That's what you're saying.

You're flat out wrong.

We've all got our crosses to bear, and our thorns in the flesh. So what if some are "born" with a nature towards homosexuality. Others are born with a nature far, FAR WORSE. It doesn't give them license to live out their perversions or fantasies in any way.

Jesus said "take up your cross and follow me." Newsflash for the world: For some people your cross may well be a lifetime of CELIBACY if you can't stomach a normal, natural, hetrosexual relationship.

My cross is that I was born with sickle cell anemia. Try to imagine living your whole life as a "normal" kid, but one who can not participate in sports fully because he gets winded very easily. It's nothing I can ever improve upon, nothing training will help me with. My blood simply SUCKS at carrying oxygen. It's a pain to live with but it's what God made me to have and I deal with it.
Homosexuals need to do the same...not be coddled into thinking that their consequences for living for God (celibacy), would be too difficult so they're somehow excused as long as they're in a "loving relationship."

God didn't say homosexual fornication is an abomination to him. He said if a man lies with a man as with a woman, [b]IT IS AN ABOMINATION TO GOD.[/b] Said nothing about love...said nothing about marriage. The VERY ACT of homosexual sex is an affront to our Lord and there positivley is no way to get around that.

Homosexuals need to take up their cross and deal with the consequences to their life inflicted upon them by this sin-sick world.

Just like the rest of us.

2005/4/15 17:04Profile
inotof

Morehead, KY

Re:

Personally thisis just another example of the "doctrines of devils" that Pauls warns Timmy about.It is ugly vomit straight from the vilet pits of hell. as for the advocate of it, this NOT ORDAINED OF GOD!!!!!! so-called Bishop. . .well it is really hard for me to not pray prayers like David and ask God to throttle him until he sees the truth.

I may be opening a canof worms on this one but . .

Quote:

Is unrestrained heterosexual activity any more sinful than unrestrained homosexual activity? I don't think so. And I also don't think that a homosexual is necessaryily condemned if they live faithfully and in a truly loving relationship. God made this person this way from the get go. ANd God don't make no junk!

Bubbaguy

If I'm reading correctly is sounds as if you're aying that monogmus homosexual relationships are o.k.? They where born that way ...? Well, even if i could swallow that, the Word says that you must be born again, do you mean to imply that people who are born of the spirit are born again into the same sin that they were delivere out of?
Just curious as to where you get the logic tht if one is in a gay realtionship and is "faithful" to his "partner" that it is not a sin. Be fruitfula dn muliply, nothing comes out of gay unions. . .thier seed is wasted. God does not make junk...this is true if someone is born a homosexual then they need to be born again. Just my 2 cents.

2005/4/15 17:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy