SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Unreached of the Day: Khmu, Puman of China

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Unreached of the Day: Khmu, Puman of China

Khmu, Puman of China
The Puman are part of the great Mon-Khmer race of Asia. Over the centuries, the Mon-Khmer splintered into numerous groups and today are spread as far as India's Nicobar Islands and Indonesia. Traditionally the Puman cast lots every year before a statue of Buddha to determine where they should farm. Puman women adorn themselves with colorful head scarfs, often decorated with pieces of silver in the shape of shells or fish. The Puman are devoted members of the Theravada sect of Buddhism. In southwest China the Buddhists have many stories regarding the coming of a Savior, a blessed one who fits the description of Jesus Christ in many respects. Despite their belief in a Savior, most Puman have yet to hear about Jesus Christ. Few Christians have ever endeavored to take the Gospel to them.

Ministry Obstacles
The worldview of Buddhism is very different than that of the Christian.

Outreach Ideas
The Puman have a coming Savior in their traditions. What a wonderful bridging opportunity to the news of Jesus Christ.

Pray for the followers of Christ
There are no known followers of Jesus in this people group today. However, we can pray for those who will soon come to faith. They will need prayer support.

Pray for the entire people group
Pray the Puman will be able to provide good educational opportunities for their children, and pray for improved medical care.

Scripture Focus
"See, I will beckon to the Gentiles, I will lift up my banner to the peoples." Isaiah 49:22

2014/6/5 11:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy