SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : 4 Important Video clips on Coming Persecution

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Yes brother, you are right. Would it be better if I just started a thread on the subject of the dangers of cell phones?

Sister thats a great idea and very valid thread to start. The Lord bless you.

2014/5/29 19:19Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Point well-taken Greg.

heartsong- if you are going to start a thread about the dangers of cell phones I hope it is about the danger of being addicted to them as opposed to the dangers of radiofrequencies etc that only seem to affect you, or at least an exceedingly small percentage of the population.

The other thread was locked on that basis.

Cell phones are here to stay and are and can be a great tool for ministry. It is the world we live in and it is not going to change, unless of course an electromagnetic pulse weapon detonates and fries all devices. But if that happens we will have much more to worry about than not having a working cell phone.

2014/5/29 19:53Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Blaine is right towards our focus needing to be on Jesus Christ, His cross and the world harvest. I have had a burden to share of coming persecution to America. I know at times a warning of this will help but also I believe more of a constructive way as blaine is saying is for us to do the work of encouraging saints to proclaim the cross and be a part of what God is doing world-wide to bring the lost to Himself.

2014/5/29 20:33Profile

Re:

I too need to be balanced. Greg is warning about upcoming persecution through saints like brotherJohnson. So Praise God for this brothet`s messages.

Also as Greg and I spoke we found the best way to prepare for persecution is to be active in a Christ centered house fellowship. Good food for thought.

Look forward to the thread on cell phones. :):):)

Blaine

2014/5/29 20:41
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Heartsong writes:

Quote:
Would it be better if I just started a thread on the subject of the dangers of cell phones? It is just that the technology involved applies to so many things and from what the LORD has shown me will be heavily used in the persecution that is to come.

At first I was very skeptical about there being any reasonable concern over this. But after doing a little bit of online research I think it could be a valid concern. For example, I read about a man in Italy who won a court case after getting a brain tumor from what seems to have been excessive use of cell and wireless phones at his job over a period of twelve years. He used a cell or wireless phone for about six hours daily. Here's one of many news reports on it:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2220002/Mobile-phones-CAN-cause-brain-tumours-court-rules-landmark-case.html

So yes, if you are led I think you should start that thread.

2014/5/29 22:07Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Its anecdotal at best think of the billions of cell phone users if there was a true link we would all be keeling over and suffering from short term memory loss.

We'd all be suffering from short term memory loss.

Not only that but we'd all be suffering short term memory loss.

And besides, we'd all be suffering from short term memory loss.

;)

2014/5/29 22:30Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Quote:
Its anecdotal at best think of the billions of cell phone users if there was a true link we would all be keeling over and suffering from short term memory loss.

I don't think it's that simple. Most people don't use their cell phones for that long daily for that many years. This guy's tumor was found on the side of his brain where he always had his phone. There seems to be a valid debate about it. But I agree that there's insufficient evidence for anything substantial to be done other than being careful about excessive use. Maybe it's one of those things where moderation is needed.

2014/5/29 22:38Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Quote:

Yes brother, you are right. Would it be better if I just started a thread on the subject of the dangers of cell phones?

Sister thats a great idea and very valid thread to start. The Lord bless you.

Well I for one am very surprised that it would even be considered a topic for discussion on here!!
It's not that I have a particular view on this either way, but I just don't think it is something that is appropriate for this forum. I thought the forum was for discussing spiritual, biblical issue, in particular things that promote biblical revival. Surely these goes against the very ethos of this forum, if not the actual rules!

On a side issue, if anyone is so concerned about the effect of any electronic devices on them, yet is a frequent contributor to an on-line forum and therefore a user of the computer and internet is just plain contradictory!

2014/5/30 4:14Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:

He used a cell or wireless phone for about six hours daily. Here's one of many news reports on it:

Used the cellphone for about six hours daily over a period of 12 years!

To outlaw cell phones because someone contracted a brain tumor because of excessive cell phone use would be like outlawing salt because excessive use of it will kill you - let a 220 pound person ingest 12 ounces of salt and it will kill. But who is going to do that? No sensible person.

A lot of things out there that will kill if not used responsibility. Cars can kill...the list goes on and on. Yet the most dangerous thing is an angry person who has lost control of his emotions...

My opinion.

2014/5/30 9:03Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Quote:
To outlaw cell phones because someone contracted a brain tumor because of excessive cell phone use would be like outlawing salt because excessive use of it will kill you - let a 220 pound person ingest 12 ounces of salt and it will kill. But who is going to do that? No sensible person.

A lot of things out there that will kill if not used responsibility. Cars can kill...the list goes on and on. Yet the most dangerous thing is an angry person who has lost control of his emotions...

My opinion.

Good point sister. Just to clarify, I am not implying considering any kind of ban of cell phones as Heartsong may vouch for. Some have suggested placing warning or caution labels on cell phones about excessive use, similar to tabacco warnings.

My point was to say that there may be valid concern regarding electromagnetic radiation. In another thread others were making fun of Heartsong and I was tempted to be as skeptical as them, but then found that there is some valid concern out there, that's all.

2014/5/30 11:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy