SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The Insanity of Sin

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

The Insanity of Sin

“For although they knew God…” He gave them a fair shot at it, just like He does us, right? “They neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened” (Romans 1:21). This terrible insanity of sin begins to set in if we don’t glorify God as God. If we allow attitudes and judgments to sit, if we allow bitterness, laziness, resentment and compromise into our hearts, then insanity sets in. Futile thinking takes over if we don’t glorify Him as God, turn our face to Him, and trust Him implicitly in every circumstance. When we hurt or when we don’t hurt, when we feel slighted or unjustly treated, we need to turn our face to Him so that our faith rings out. If we don’t function that way, an insanity of sin sets in. It’s an inevitable process: futility of thinking, a darkened heart, and darkened understanding. We become justified in our sin.

I have been thinking much about this, reading the news headlines and seeing the world around me become darker each day. This is what happens and men turn their back on GOD, their hearts are hardened and they seek to justify the sin in their lives. I pray daily that people would turn their hearts toward GOD and repent before it is to late.

God bless
mj

2014/5/26 21:33Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy