SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Powerful Quotes by George Muller

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Powerful Quotes by George Muller

Quote:
"My business is with all my might to serve my own generation. In doing so I shall best serve the next generation, should the Lord tarry…[b]I have but one life to live on earth and this one life is but a brief life for sowing in comparison with eternity for reaping[/b]." - George Muller

What abandoment to the purposes of God. Its amazing how men of God in the past got such a grip of the reality of God's Majesty that it was worth losing and sacrificing everything. Jesus said that the Kingdom of Heaven is like a person selling all he has a buying a great pearl and burying it in the field. How much does Heaven and God matter to us? won't it reflect in the way we live our lifes day by day?

Quote:
"It is not enough for the believer to begin to pray, nor to pray correctly; nor is it enough to continue for a time to pray. [b]We must patiently, believingly continue in prayer until we obtain an answer.[/b] Further, we have not only to continue in prayer until the end, but we have also to believe that God does hear us and will answer our prayers. Most frequently we fail in not continuing in prayer until the blessing is obtained, and in not expecting the blessing. Those who are disciples of the Lord Jesus should labor with all their might in the work of God as if everything depended upon their own endeavors. Yet, having done so, they should not in the least trust in their labor and efforts, nor in the means that they use for the spread of the truth, but in God alone; and they should with all earnestness seek the blessing of God in persevering, patient, and believing prayer. Here is the great secret of success, my Christian reader. Work with all your might, but never trust in your work. Pray with all your might for the blessing in God, but work at the same time with all diligence, with all patience, with all perseverance. Pray, then, and work. Work and pray. And still again pray, and then work. And so on, all the days of your life. The result will surely be abundant blessing. Whether you see much fruit or little fruit, such kind of service will be blessed." – George Muller

What an wonderful encouragement to perserve in prayer from a seasoned man of prayer.

Quote:
"The beginning of anxiety is the end of faith; and the beginning of [b]true faith[/b] is the end of anxiety." - George Muller

This is the true test of being in the place where God desires for us in prayer. Can we have this assurance that God is in total control. The more of ourselves we hold onto, the less of this 'true faith' is possible. We need to abandon ourselves to the will and purposes of God for our lives. Let it be so in our lifes God. Amen.

2003/10/1 4:09Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Powerful Quotes by George Muller

Thanks for these Greg.
Encouraging and convicting.
That we could jump off the cliff of self into the hands of a faithful God.

2003/10/1 9:49Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: more quotes

Quote:
Ponder these words of the Lord Jesus,
"Only believe."

It's sad when we lose the power of God in our lifes by over complicating things.

Quote:
Our Heavenly Father never takes any earthly thing from His children except He means to give them something better instead.

Let good's and kindred's go, this mortal life also.

Quote:
The Lord, in His very love and faithfulness, will not, and cannot, let us go on in backsliding but He will visit us with stripes, to bring us back to Himself!

Bring us back to you O Lord! revive us.

Quote:
Only let it be trust in God, not in man, not in circumstances, not in any of your own exertions, but real trust in God, and you will be helped in your various necessities... Not in circumstances, not in natural prospects, not in former donors, but solely in God. This is just that which brings the blessing. If we say we trust in Him, but in reality do not, then God, taking us at our word, lets us see that we do not really confide in Him; and hence failure arises. On the other hand, if our trust in the Lord is real, help will surely come.

Quote:
My Lord is not limited; He can again supply

We serve an God with unlimted resources and power, all the resources of the Godhead are at our disposal.

Quote:
It is a common temptation of Satan to make us give up the reading of the Word and prayer when our enjoyment is gone; as if it were of no use to read the Scriptures when we do not enjoy them, and as if it were of no use to pray when we have no spirit of prayer; whilst the truth is, in order to enjoy the Word, we ought to continue to read it, and the way to obtain a spirit of prayer is to continue praying; for the less we read the word of God, the less we desire to read it, and the less we pray, the less we desire to pray.

I consider this very true!! :-o Sometimes the Word of God seems dry and it doesn't speak to you, but how long have you spent reading it? 10 minutes? Persevere and give yourself an hour alone with God reading His word. Or how about prayer does it seem that your prayers aren't even reaching God's ears? persevere in prayer, I personally have found that if I persevere in prayer for 30 mins or more and don't rush in and out of God's presence its much more fruitful. The 'spirit of prayer' that muller refers to is obtained by spending much time with God.

2003/11/12 22:50Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

And...Wallpaper!
Very cool..!
Thanks Greg.

2003/11/12 23:44Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"I seek at the beginning to get my heart in such a state that it has no will of it's own in regard to a given matter. Nine tenths of the trouble with people generally is just here. Nine tenths of the difficulties are overcome when our hearts are ready to do the Lord's will, whatever it maybe. When one is truly in this state, it is usually but a little way to the knowledge of what His will is.

Having done this I do not leave the result to feeling or simple impression. If so I make myself liable to great delusions.

I seek the will of the Spirit of God through, or in connection with, the Word of God. The Spirit and the Word must be combined. If I look to the Spirit alone without the Word, I lay myself open to great delusions also. If the Holy Spirit guides us at all, He will do it according to the Scriptures and never contrary to them.

Next I take into account providential circumstances. These often plainly indicate God's will in connection with the Word and the Spirit. I ask God in prayer to reveal His will to me aright.

Thus through prayer to God, the study of the Word, and reflection, I come to a deliberate judgement according to the best of my ability and knowledge; and if my mind is thus at peace, and continues so after two or three more petitions, I proceed accordingly. In trivial matters, and in transactions involving most important issues, I have found this method always effective." (George Muller)

"No one ever knew Jehovah without being able to exercise faith in Him. It is when God is not known that difficulty comes. The great point therefore is to acquaint ourselves with God, to know God for ourselves as He has revealed Himself in the Scriptures." (George Muller)

"It is the very time for Faith to work, when sight ceases. The greater the difficulties, the easier the faith. As long as there remain certain natural prospects, faith does not get on so easily (if I may say so), as when all natural prospects fail." (George Muller)

2003/11/18 20:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy