SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Franklin Graham Calls on Pastors to Speak Out on Abortion, Homosexuality; Says 'God Hates Cowards'

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Oracio in the passage you posted Paul is speaking about sins that occur when men reject the knowledge of God on creation. As you said this is part of the gospel message. As Paul is demonstrating the need for the gospel or good news by showing the bad news of man. Namely man's need for a Savior because if his sinfulness.

I do not believe this is what Franklin and other evangelicals are doing. Franklin seems to be excoriating pastors, calling them cowards because they will not decry the sins if the culture. At least that was what I gleaned from the posted article. Earlier Greg alluded to the video where Franklin preached the gospel. I have yet to watch it.

But is Franklin speaking out against sin because of a gospel proclamation of man's need for Christ? Or is he speaking out against sin as the evils if our culture? If he us doing the latter with no gospel to offer then there is a serious issue.

Blaine

2014/5/24 20:30
brothagary

Re:

your out of touch barmaster and utterly shamfull to hear you shrink back like that shamefully !!!!!

thanks greg for posting that i wept with joy hearing franklin preach tha full message ,,,what love that man have in his heart a gentile bold spirit ,,reminds me of paul ,,,,,

paull was the number one preacher againsts the sin of the nation the beloved sin of idolarty

homasexuality and all sexualimorality combined with cowadisim would combined rate a close number one and our brother franmklin strikes at it with the sword

god bless him may god raise many more men like him through this unvarnished message and more like it

2014/5/24 20:32Profile

Re:

Play the ball Gary and not the man. I am your brother in Christ. Show from the scripture where my conclusions are in error.

With love to you bro.

Blaine

2014/5/24 20:36
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Quote:
But is Franklin speaking out against sin because of a gospel proclamation of man's need for Christ? Or is he speaking out against sin as the evils if our culture? If he us doing the latter with no gospel to offer then there is a serious issue.

Blaine

Yes brother in the 24 min video Greg posted you will be able see that Franklin Graham gives a clear gospel presentation focusing mainly on Christ crucified and risen. But he does start with sin righteousness and judgment like we see in Scripture. Here again is the link to that video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNZj9NjDt34

2014/5/24 20:42Profile
brothagary

Re:

lol with all love brother blain ,,,iam playing the ball you just got in the road ,,,, look again at the scripture baremaster look at paul look at johhn the baptist
look at all the propherts ,,look at jesus

i think you will find it impossable to refute franklins message with scripture ,,maby you should try to do this and show whare he is errs

2014/5/24 21:09Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Please brethren do not single each other out in anyway in this or other threads. We must be able to discuss these things in charity and love or our testimony itself is lost.

Our spiritual weapons are listed in Ephesians 6:12:18 and 2 Cortinthians 10:4,5. For the first time in almost 2,000 years of Christian history we have shocking amounts of professing Christians teaching and believing that homosexuality is not a sin , does not need to be repented of and will not keep one out of the kingdom of God. Franklin Graham is calling pastors to speak the full counsel of God to their congregations, teaching and warning the souls entrusted to them by God, so that they may be found without blood on their hands in that great Day when they stand enforce Him.

There are many pastors who are afraid to call sin what it is in these last days.

2014/5/24 21:14Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: defining sin

One of Satan's schemes, and Paul counsels us to be aware of them, is to rationalize and sweetly re-define sins to make them acceptable to the world and to Christians. Satan has been very effective in pulling this wool over the eyes, few Christians react in holy grief when they encounter homosexuals or even those who have had abortions. It is necessary for men and women of God to call these sins out specifically.

Paris Reidhead makes a strong point in many of his sermons that the salvation message consists of four process steps, and to be permanent a person needs to experience the whole package.

The first is the awakening, the place where a person comes to understand just what sin really is. This involves information, good descriptions, a definition!

The second is conviction, as the Holy Spirit takes that information and confronts the evil heart.

The third is repentance where the turn is made,

And the fourth is the introduction of the Savior- to the convicted heart desperate for a solution to the problem that now vexes his soul.

Those who only "receive Christ" without going through the full process have a solution but no real perception of their problem. It is not to be unexpected that many of these will drift away, lost but not even knowing that.

So when Franklin Graham addresses the raw details of these sins, he is looking for awakening- and the process will proceed from there.

Just my opinion on this.

2014/5/24 22:12Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Bearmaster,

Your stance is proof positive the flack one will get preaching Christ and Him only!! Keep up the excellent work!!

God bless,
Lisa

2014/5/24 22:46Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Your stance is proof positive the flack one will get preaching Christ and Him only!! Keep up the excellent work!!

Sister, I believe both are essential to preach on sin and also to preach the person of Jesus Christ. One without the other does not make sense. Also 1 cor 6:9-10 is in the bible and therefore if someone does have an personal relationship with Jesus Christ and continues in sin they can end up not inheriting the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
New King James Version (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

2014/5/24 23:00Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

I find it interesting to note the diversity of views on certain topics on this forum.

The main question in this and every other topic has to be, what does the Bible clearly teach? If God's Word clearly teaches something the wisest thing for us is to humbly receive that truth lest we find ourselves opposing God's Word.

Again, in the NT we don't find the apostles or disciples preaching only the good news of forgiveness of sins and eternal life. They preached the whole counsel of God, both the bad and good news. They preached against specific sins. They preached that there is a Judgment Day coming. They preached the need to repent. And they preached Christ crucified and risen and the need to trust in Him alone for forgiveness of sins. They followed in their Master's footsteps and we do well in doing likewise.

2014/5/24 23:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy