SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Don't Let Your Mouth Stop Your Blessing

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

From the last article I shared the link to:

"A favorite term in the Word of Faith movement is “positive confession.” This refers to the teaching that words themselves have creative power. What you say, Word of Faith teachers claim, determines everything that happens to you. Your confessions, especially the favors you demand of God, must all be stated positively and without wavering. Then God is required to answer (as though man could require anything of God!). Thus, God's ability to bless us supposedly hangs on our faith. James 4:13-16 clearly contradicts this teaching: “Now listen, you who say, ‘Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.’ Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.” Far from speaking things into existence in the future, we do not even know what tomorrow will bring or even whether we will be alive."

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/prosperity-gospel.html#ixzz32pnWU4Yc

2014/5/26 11:09Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

"Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that." But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil."-James 4:15-16

Word of Faith teachers hate the phrase, "If it be Your will." They say it cuts off your blessing because it reveals a lack of faith. Yet that kind of reasoning contradicts the clear teaching of Scripture.

2014/5/26 11:14Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

"Likewise also these dreamers defile the flesh, reject authority, and speak evil of dignitaries. 9 Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!" 10 But these speak evil of whatever they do not know; and whatever they know naturally, like brute beasts, in these things they corrupt themselves. 11 Woe to them! For they have gone in the way of Cain, have run greedily in the error of Balaam for profit, and perished in the rebellion of Korah. 12 These are spots in your love feasts, while they feast with you without fear, serving only themselves. They are clouds without water, carried about by the winds; late autumn trees without fruit, twice dead, pulled up by the roots; 13 raging waves of the sea, foaming up their own shame; wandering stars for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever."-Jude 1:8-13

Word of Faith teachers also hate the phrase, "the Lord rebuke you Satan" and say it also reveals a lack of faith. Yet that kind of reasoning also contradicts God's Word as we see in the above passage.

2014/5/26 11:20Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
"A favorite term in the Word of Faith movement is “positive confession.” This refers to the teaching that words themselves have creative power. What you say, Word of Faith teachers claim, determines everything that happens to you. Your confessions, especially the favors you demand of God, must all be stated positively and without wavering. Then God is required to answer (as though man could require anything of God!). Thus, God's ability to bless us supposedly hangs on our faith.

There is a certain aura of spirituality connected with this doctrine, and various OT scriptures (as well as some parables of Jesus) can be used to lend it credibility. But that is all it is: an aura. This is why orators like Joel Osteen and Joyce Meyer are able to blend positive confession metaphysics with scripture and make a killing on the New York Times Bestseller list. It is 100% man-centered, and people love themselves and will pay money to hear and read about themselves. It is all about "I": "My" faith, "I" proclaim, "I" command, "I" rebuke, "I" confess, "I" decree. According to these affirmations, God is "obligated" to move, to bless, to heal, etc. This obligation is predicated upon man's initiative. It makes man the master of God, though no proponent of "positive confession" would ever dare admit such a thing.

2014/5/26 11:29Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
If we want God to do something for us, all we have to do is ask Him. But this is heart prayer, not "mouth power". There is a tremendous difference between the two: the difference between metaphysics and Christianity. One is autonomous, as though we have some mystical power within ourselves to alter reality based upon our words and confessions; the other is, quite simply and quite dependently "Not I, but Christ". Can you see the difference?

I know nothing about the "confessions" or the "naming and claiming" that is being referred to, and from what I can tell, that is not what FranklinB was trying to convey - but then how can I look at what he has said through those glasses if I do not posses them?

However, it must be understood that words themselves have power. Jesus Christ, Himself, said: "And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven." - Luke 10:18-20

If this power does not come in the form of words, then how else is this power put forth? I do know that just standing in the LORD also has power against the enemy, but how can they be tread upon if we have no shoes on?

God's Word is all powerful. When my words are aligned with His, there is power. Where my words are not aligned with His, there is no power. When I have unbelief, the only words I try to allow to come out of my mouth are "O LORD, I believe, forgive thou mine unbelief.

2014/5/28 16:50Profile
a-servant

Re:

"If this power does not come in the form of words, then how else is this power put forth?"

By faith, words are 'spiritual code', faith makes them work by the power of Jesus. There is a tight connection to the Creator using His words BY faith, without faith you are left with the 'spiritual yet mechanical' component of words. The spiritual content of words come alive by the Holy Spirit, without that Spirit they are just incomprehensible code, open to any interpretation.

That is what the WOF does: they operate by the faith in THEIR faith, what is also an essential part of magic. Their god is self, and they 'short curcuit' the faith component, their faith is not based on the faith of Jesus, the power they posses is of 'self', and the results they get is of the same quality, not of God, not by the Holy Spirit, not lasting, not real, perishable, just a 'technical trick' playing with components. The Creator is not part of it by faith, what they got is a 'mechanical solution' they want to apply in His name, but they apply it in Their name. That doesn't work because they operate without Him and without His Spirit.

2014/5/28 22:28Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I just confess good things because it makes me feel better, and if it's Gods will to Bless me with my confession, well it's all the better.

2014/5/28 22:50Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
By faith, words are 'spiritual code', faith makes them work by the power of Jesus. There is a tight connection to the Creator using His words BY faith, without faith you are left with the 'spiritual yet mechanical' component of words. The spiritual content of words come alive by the Holy Spirit, without that Spirit they are just incomprehensible code, open to any interpretation.

That is what the WOF does: they operate by the faith in THEIR faith, what is also an essential part of magic. Their god is self, and they 'short curcuit' the faith component, their faith is not based on the faith of Jesus, the power they posses is of 'self', and the results they get is of the same quality, not of God, not by the Holy Spirit, not lasting, not real, perishable, just a 'technical trick' playing with components. The Creator is not part of it by faith, what they got is a 'mechanical solution' they want to apply in His name, but they apply it in Their name. That doesn't work because they operate without Him and without His Spirit.

Thank you for this a-servant. I will pray that the LORD help me to understand further. I will also pray that He give me the faith necessary for others to hear the words that He has put upon my heart - that they might be saved from that which is to come.

I do understand about the anointing of the Holy Spirit. Oh the blessedness of hearing Him pour through a vessel that He has anointed!

2014/5/28 23:32Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

Brothers,

Please bear with me as I do not wish to cause any offense or division. I do not see anything wrong with FranklinB original post? Did I miss something?

How did his exhortation turn into word of faith, name it and claim, psycosomatic positive confession????

Proverbs 18:20-21 A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled. (21) Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Psalm 109:17-18 As he loved cursing, so let it come unto him: as he delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from him. (18) As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment, so let it come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones.

James 3:8-10 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. (9) Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God. (10) Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

We can either speak life and blessing or death and cursing from our own mouths. The bible is quite clear that our words have power.

My heart is not to sound condescending and will be honest with you all, I have seen much of that in this forum on various topics.

When we confess Gods word from a believing heart, this is not positive confession for Gods words are spirit (living) and they are true (life). His words do have creative power and when we use them in faith, it's not us that brings forth what He has promised but God Himself.

He has promised to give us these words in our hour of need, whether it is to pray, bless, rebuke, admonish, correct, exhort....

Can we stop our own blessing or the blessing of others by our words?

Proverbs 12:13-14 The wicked is snared by the transgression of his lips: but the just shall come out of trouble. (14) A man shall be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth: and the recompence of a man's hands shall be rendered unto him.

The bible is full of examples of what words, speaking, confessing will bring forth with a right heart and a wrong heart.

Brothers, here is how this whole thing has spun out of control. Many times we all have a tendency to be so focused on all the error that is out there in Christendom, like the things that were brought up in this thread, or things that surround the Holy Spirit and the Gifts of the Holy Spirit, that we end up missing the genuine.

When people are so focused on the false they cannot see the truth or leave no room for the truth. Like the one brother who said, don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

I am as opposed to word of faith, prosperity preaching, positive confession as they come, but every time someone makes a confession based on Gods word does not necessarily make it the former.

I do not know the brother who started the thread, I do not know the intent of his heart. His silence and lack of defense or clarification makes me sway even the more that no ill intent was intended.

I bear witness with the exhortation. I make it a point in my own life to guard my own words because I do not want to be rash with my mouth.

Has anyone ever heard a parent curse their own children saying they will never amount to anything, that they are nothing but screw ups, never do anything right??

I have, and those children ended up just like their parents spoke. I have also seen the power of God and His words yielded by His children in love and faith come and bring life to those same children.

When we confess Gods word, or, I will say it, make a positive confession based on scripture, all we are doing is agreeing with God.

Remember Jesus always responded to the devils temptations with,"It is written".

We need to remember where all this error has come from and the men who are caught up in these errors and false teachings a doctrines. In my own zeal for truth and coming against these things in the past I have wounded many of Gods sheep by putting words they never meant in their mouths and also wrongly judging the intent of their heart.

It cost me my marriage and my wife left and divorced me. Then God got a hold of me and began to teach me how to believe, exercise faith, and SPEAK life and blessing back into my wife and marriage and God turned my wife back to me and we remarried.

I do not post much here because I have seen a wolf mentality in many discussions but I do see both sides of the discussion and tend to agree with both in the proper context and intent of course.

Even though I have made many mistakes in my past and was critical toward others because they did not see the truth, does not mean that I wasn't speaking the truth back then.

The problem was how I packaged and delivered the truth, my heart was not right and those whom I was addressing/attacking were pushed away.

I hope this makes sense because I have been praying and pondering this for several days as it says we should do.

Bless You All,
BD

2014/5/29 0:18Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Amen defella! Well stated.

2014/5/29 6:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy