SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Don't Let Your Mouth Stop Your Blessing

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
FranklinB

Don't Let Your Mouth Stop Your Blessing

The children of Isreal are a great example of the point I want to make, don't let your mouth stop your blessing. God had already told them that the land was there's and to go and possess it, but they said "We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we." They forgot that it wasn't about them, God had already told them what he would do. So, it wasn't about what they could do, but what they could do with God. And if you continue to read in Numbers 14 they continued to talk about how they would die in the wilderness. The whole congregation began to cry and mourn except for two of them Joshua and Caleb. They were the only ones that said, "Let us go up at once and possess the land." And as a result of their words God said in Numbers 14:28-35, "Say unto them, As truly as I live, saith the Lord, as ye have spoken in mine ears, so will I do unto you." And God went on to say how that whole generation of that congregation that spoke would die in the wilderness except two of them, Joshua and Caleb. So, the ones that said they would die in the wilderness got what they said. And the ones that said we are able and let us go up at once and possess it got what they said. Notice in Psalm 78:41 it says, "Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Isreal." How do you think they limited the Holy One of Isreal, with their words.

Another clear cut example of your words stopping your blessing is found in 2Kings 7:1,2. When there was a great famine in the land and the king of the land went to go see the man of God to get a word from the Lord. And Elisha said, "Hear ye the word of the Lord; Thus saith the Lord, To morrow about this time shall a measure of fine flour be sold for a shekel, and two measures of barley for a shekel, in the gate of Samaria." Now, watch the response of the kings helper, "Behold, if the Lord would make windows in heaven, might this thing be?" And the man of God said, "Behold, thou shalt see it with thine eyes, but shalt not eat thereof." Notice that man's words cut him off from something he had a right to. That's why Proverbs 30:32 says, "If thou hast done foolishly in lifting up thyself, or if thou hast thought evil, lay thine hand upon thy mouth." In other words don't let it come out of your mouth. When you have thoughts of unbelief and doubt don't let them come out of your mouth. Because your words could cut you off from what God has for you.

2014/5/23 23:01Profile
HeartSong

Re: Don't Let Your Mouth Stop Your Blessing

Praise God! Thank you!

2014/5/23 23:28Profile
FranklinB

Re:

Thank you for taking the time to read this article. Thank You!

2014/5/24 18:44Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Is the Word of Faith movement biblical?
http://www.gotquestions.org/Word-Faith.html

"Is 'name it claim it' teaching biblical?"
http://www.gotquestions.org/name-it-claim-it.html

"Is there power in positive confession?"
http://www.gotquestions.org/positive-confession.html

Christianity in Crisis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7jHvm-MKfE

2014/5/24 18:59Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

People can "confess" things all they like, but it won't make a bit of difference if God hasn't decreed it. This "power of confession" metaphysical farce which has merged in with Christianity over the past few decades is absurd. I've known people who were sick with the flu but would never "confess their sickness" out of fear of claiming it. I also know people who are in serious debt because of money mismanagement, but who will not "confess" it out of fear that their money curse will perpetuate.

The article here references verses from the Old Testament. Brethren, I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Old Testament is the wrong place to go for New Covenant life. In the Old Testament you'll find scripture on generational curses, for example -- which do not apply under the New Covenant of Jesus Christ. The only element of "positive confession" which makes any difference in the New Testament relates to one's saving testimony of Jesus Christ. There is no teaching of "confessing" or "claiming" worldly success, personal conquests, health, chariots, or oxen or gold. There is only laying hold of Christ. There is also no doctrine of a Christian's words being able to alter reality. Only righteous prayer does this. So, don't be deceived by metaphysics masquerading under the garb of Christian lingo. You can only be fooled if you don't know God's Word in fullness.

2014/5/24 20:20Profile
flaglady

Northern New York

Re: Don't Let Your Mouth Stop Your Blessing

I believe this....
In other words don't let it come out of your mouth. When you have thoughts of unbelief and doubt don't let them come out of your mouth. Because your words could cut you off from what God has for you. ...
I believe if we walk by faith as we are supposed to we will see what we believe. and get it.
If we ask for favor psa 5:12 His favor is for a lifetime.
If we walk in this and speak it.. WE WILL HAVE IT>>
Joshua listened to the two spies not the other eight.
He got to the promised land.. WE must I believe remember if we have faith it pleases GOD.. faith the size of a grain of mustard pleases HIM>>
Blessings..
Frannie

2014/5/24 21:09Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
There is also no doctrine of a Christian's words being able to alter reality. Only righteous prayer does this.

"And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him, And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.

And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour." - Matthew 8:5-13

2014/5/25 4:07Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith

There are plenty of examples of healing miracles by Jesus predicated upon faith like this in the New Testament. But this is vastly different from the "Don't let your mouth stop your blessing" doctrine being presented in this thread. The Holy Spirit recorded these miracles as models for faith and proofs that Jesus was the Messiah, not so that we would derive a "name it and claim it" doctrine for anything we want today.

Anyway, you can test it to see if I am wrong. Try naming and claiming something, anything and then see if it happens the way the prosperity preachers teach. Try confessing or claiming something according to your will, however you desire, and then wait and watch. Even if you think you have faith for whatever it is, nothing usually happens. This is because faith has to be united with an official promise established by God in His Word and not from some arbitrary desire springing up within ourselves.

If we want God to do something for us, all we have to do is ask Him. But this is heart prayer, not "mouth power". There is a tremendous difference between the two: the difference between metaphysics and Christianity. One is autonomous, as though we have some mystical power within ourselves to alter reality based upon our words and confessions; the other is, quite simply and quite dependently "Not I, but Christ". Can you see the difference?

2014/5/25 5:02Profile
brothagary

Re:

im not into that blab it and grab it fodder ,,but the bible does teach that we can heal through speaking to the fever or sickness imfirmity ,,,every example of healing in the newtesament was done in that way or laying on hands ,,so faith filled words in this context are powerfull gifts from god ,,as well as the touch of a faithfilled hand

now that is a very interesting truth of scripture ,that iv seen working with my own eyes

2014/5/25 6:52Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
the bible does teach that we can heal through speaking to the fever or sickness imfirmity

Actually, brother, you'll find nowhere in the NT of an apostle or follower of Christ speaking to a fever or sickness. The clear teaching on how a Christian should handle sickness is found in James:

"Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord.And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well..." (James 5:14-15)

The sick Christian is not to "confess" he is not sick, or speak to the sickness, or to "claim" wellness (implying the cure lies within the power of his mouth). He is simply to pray. Sometimes the Lord heals, but then sometimes He does not. Paul left Trophimus sick in Miletus (2 Tim. 4:20). Someone with as much faith as Paul had, you would think he could "speak" to the sickness. Or simply have Trophimus confess with the power of his mouth he was not sick, as some health and wealth preachers teach.

2014/5/25 7:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy