SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Passion Translation (new bible translation of New Apostolic Reformation)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

The Passion Translation (new bible translation of New Apostolic Reformation)

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you have heard of the Passion Translation of the Bible. It was written by a man named Brian Simmons who considers himself an apostle. Apparently, it is THE translation that is being heralded by the proponents of the New Apostolic Reformation, such as Bill Johnson, Che Ahn, and the like. Any thoughts or personal experience with it?

I found a website that highlights some verses that seems to deviate quite far from the intended translation which seems to be reflective of the certain "liberties" that the writer took to fit his own bias instead of true biblical scholarship that goes into other translational works.

If such liberties were taken in the two verses I listed below, I can't begin to imagine how the rest of the translation reads and how it will help to further the growing ignorance and pretty much hatred of scripture and doctrine portrayed by the NAR and its proponents and the many errors that they tout as biblical truth.

-------------------------------------------------------

Galatians 6:6

Nevertheless, the one who receives instruction in the word should share all good things with their instructor. (NIV)

Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches. (NKJV)

Let the one who is taught the word share all good things with the one who teaches. (ESV)

-----

And those who are taught the Word will receive an impartation from their teacher; a transference of anointing takes place between them. (Passion Translation)

-------------------------------------------------------

2 Timothy 4:2

Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction (NIV)

Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. (NKJV)

preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. (ESV)

-----

proclaim the Word of God and stand upon it no matter what! Rise to the occasion and preach when it is convenient and when it is not. Preach in the full outpouring of the Holy Spirit— with wisdom and patience as you instruct and teach the people. (Passion Translation)

2014/5/21 19:15Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: The Passion Translation (new bible translation)

Makes The Message look conservative.

2014/5/21 19:28Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Obviously the wording is centred directly towards bethel and other modern "revival" movements. It is unfortunate that liberty of religion leads to some of the greatest perversions and deviance's of Scripture as seen in many cult groups abounding and started in America.

This article speaks to this problem:

Principle 23 – Cults, False Gospels and Division https://ia600800.us.archive.org/21/items/principlesbook/principle23.pdf

2014/5/21 20:51Profile
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

Re: The Passion Translation (new bible translation)

So then when do we draw the line and say enough is enough? How do we go about not only exposing these things but causing people (the church) to act in regards to these things? It just seems like it is getting worse and worse and things getting more grey as the seeming "good" begins to really mix with the bad because everything is supposedly done in the "name of Jesus" and people seem to be "passionate" about "Christian" things. We try to find "common ground" with proponents of these false teachings and deceitful ways in holding to "love and unity" because we all seem to sing about the same Person and have a heart for spreading the "gospel." We say that we love the bible and the purity of the church and say that proper theology and doctrine is important, but when it comes to certain "ministers" and ministries of which we know are dubious and dangerous and clearly distorting the biblical faith we all hold dear, we turn a blind eye because they seem to teach some good things and we seem to feel something personally by their music, etc. and we don't want to rock the boat or "throw out the baby with the bath water", etc. etc. etc.

I was reading an article on desiringgod.org about racism and the civil rights movement and how people would do the same exact thing. They would say, "we agree with you and are on your side" but when it came to action or even allowing action on the part of the oppressed, they would either do nothing or try to stop people from moving into action. Here is a quote from the article:

"It’s disturbing to think that people of general good will but a shallow understanding of the plight of the oppressed, who have a lukewarm sympathy but no real vested interest in change, just might be a worse enemy of justice than aggressors. Because they do not advocate for the oppressed nor fight against the oppressor. They smile supportively to the former and practically do nothing to stop the latter."

I can't help but find a strong parallel to what is going on today in regards to the truth and the gospel and the Bride of Christ.

Revelation 2:12-29

12 “And to the angel of the church in Pergamum write: ‘The words of him who has the sharp two-edged sword.

13 “‘I know where you dwell, where Satan's throne is. Yet you hold fast my name, and you did not deny my faith even in the days of Antipas my faithful witness, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells. 14 But I have a few things against you: you have some there who hold the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, so that they might eat food sacrificed to idols and practice sexual immorality. 15 So also you have some who hold the teaching of the Nicolaitans. 16 Therefore repent. If not, I will come to you soon and war against them with the sword of my mouth. 17 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who conquers I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, with a new name written on the stone that no one knows except the one who receives it.’

18 “And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write: ‘The words of the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and whose feet are like burnished bronze.

19 “‘I know your works, your love and faith and service and patient endurance, and that your latter works exceed the first. 20 But I have this against you, that you tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess and is teaching and seducing my servants to practice sexual immorality and to eat food sacrificed to idols. 21 I gave her time to repent, but she refuses to repent of her sexual immorality. 22 Behold, I will throw her onto a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her I will throw into great tribulation, unless they repent of her works, 23 and I will strike her children dead. And all the churches will know that I am he who searches mind and heart, and I will give to each of you according to your works. 24 But to the rest of you in Thyatira, who do not hold this teaching, who have not learned what some call the deep things of Satan, to you I say, I do not lay on you any other burden. 25 Only hold fast what you have until I come. 26 The one who conquers and who keeps my works until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations, 27 and he will rule them with a rod of iron, as when earthen pots are broken in pieces, even as I myself have received authority from my Father. 28 And I will give him the morning star. 29 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’

2014/5/22 17:31Profile
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

Re: The Passion Translation (new bible translation of New Apostolic Reformation)

Here is a link to a video of Bill Johnson using/promoting the translation and uses it to support his NAR associated theological views:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjMsWtV56W8

2014/5/22 23:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy