SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Introducing myself - markuskiwi

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Introducing myself - markuskiwi

Shalom everyone!
If you are a regular visitor here then you have probably noticed some of my posts and i know that some of you are praying for me for which I'm very thankful! So i thought i briefly introduce myself to the community, should have done this first, I know ;)
I was born in Switzerland, had a bit a "christianised" upbringing and did all my education there. But my life was not the best and for some reason i was desperate to find a meaning and a purpose. So one day i quit my job and told everyone i want to go on an overseas trip for a few months. The more i traveled I started seeking God and finally ended up in New Zealand, for me the "uttermost part of the world". I was just about to give up hope that live has a proper meaning, then I heard the Gospel again, that Jesus took my place and died for me. I heard this before but this time it was different, it was as if someone was opening my eyes and it started to sink in what this means that someone took my place and died for me. This was my humbled beginning of my walk with the Lord, 30 years ago! I needed a lot of teaching and learn discipline. One of the key verses is Gal.2:20 " no longer I but Christ.." Many times i tried something in my own strength and failed, just like Moses failed in the beginning and 40 years later the Lord called him and the Lord did the work through Moses
About 10 years ago the Church i attended started the "seeker friendly" program, I finally resigned under many tears, realising that a "Bible believing Church" can be lost. So i started searching the internet for answers and thankfully i found some very godly teaching.
A few years ago i started going to our poorer suburbs and came in contact with drug addicts etc. One guy is currently staying with me so I get a fairly good insight about the dark side of life out there. I could never minister to those people without all the solid Bible teaching which I mainly get from the Internet and all the prayers. Thank you everyone who contributes to SI and for those who pray.
"So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless."1 Corinthians 15:58
In Him, Markus

2014/5/18 3:44
turn

USA

Re: Introducing myself - markuskiwi

Thank you, Brother Markus, Swiss "kiwi".

Thank you for sharing a bit of your testimony. Thank you for your outreach.

Shalom.

2014/5/18 10:42Profile
mama27

Re:

Glad to "meet" you also, Brother Markus :)

2014/5/18 14:30Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Dear brother,

welcome to sermonindex we are glad the Lord has allowed you to find this resource to encourage you in the faith. Please let us know any way we can serve you.

This free ebook might be of encouragement to you also: http://www.gospelfellowships.net/principles-book.html

2014/5/18 14:34Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy