SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christian Woman sentenced to death for her faith

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
SolaVeritas

SK Canada

Christian Woman sentenced to death for her faith

This sister and her family need our prayers. She is pregnant und in prison together with her toddler, her disabled husband unable to cope without her help. Her only "Crime"? Being a Christian and refusing to recant.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/15/world/africa/sudan-christian-woman-apostasy/

2014/5/16 1:24Profile
Jeremy221

Re: Christian Woman sentenced to death for her faith

It appears that her mother married, or was married, to a Muslim. By Muslim law and practice that would make her Muslim by default even though her mother raised her with knowledge of the Gospel and she takes the name of Christ. It is interesting that Islam is the opposite of Chrstianity. You can be born into it or enter it by a simple choice. To get out, you have to die or escape with only your life.

On another note:

It troubles me what the human rights group say about the general conditions. At the end of the article it says that Christians are persecuted in 151 countries while Muslims face persecution in 135. This is a false comparison because it does not represent the facts nor deal with issues of the numbers affected, pervasiveness within a country, types of persecution nor intensity.

I also take issue with the idea of religious freedom because it essential contrary to all religions. Every religion by its very nature suggests an all encompassing worldview and if the teachings are followed by every individual in the world would result in peace with higher powers and one another. The only reason an idea like religious freedom can exist is because people are worshipping something else, like mammon. The Word teaches that we become like the thing that we worship. This is the reason that "Christians" could wage wars against each other and commit atrocities like the pogroms against the Jews. Their real god was their belly or their purse.

We have to be very careful and attentive when we hear about events like this sister in Sudan. Before The Lord, we need to see what evokes pity and concern and compare it to the Scripture and where we see that our reaction is of the flesh, we need to ask God for a change of heart so that He might work in us the Love that never fails because it is not from our selves.

2014/5/16 2:29Profile
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

Re:

Thank you very much for that reminder brother Jeremy, it was much needed for me to hear that.

2014/5/16 2:53Profile

Re:

This article is from CNN. So it will reflect a liberal bias. Persecution of Christians will simply be seen as a global problem of persecution of all faiths. The Moslems will use this to their advantage. Making others think that their faith is persecuted. Covering up the fact that Muslims are the ones committing the most heinous acts of persecution against Christians.

There are credible reports that show Christianity is the most persecuted faith in the world today. And that Muslims are the the main persecutors.

Also we do need to uphold this dear sister in our prayers.

Blaine Scogin

2014/5/16 17:20

Re:

Religious freedom is predominantly a western invention. Though noble in some respects the New Testament teaches that persecution will come in some form for those who follow Christ.

Blaine

2014/5/16 17:26
SolaVeritas

SK Canada

Re:

I'm finding it interesting that a main news channel reports this story at all, even if they put a liberal twist on it.
I didn't find this on any news in Canada and it's not the first time I'm making this observation. People are deliberately left in the dark about the extent of Christian persecution in the world, that is so disturbing.

2014/5/16 22:25Profile

Re:

Yes disturbing, but not surprising. The enemy of our souls seeks to keep the people in dark about Christian persecution. Most particularly the church.

But there are encouraging signs that parts of the church are waking up to the reality of persecution. VOM
In the US us putting on 40 conferences across the country to raise awareness of the persecuted church. Most encouraging. And I pray much fruit to be born out of these conferences.

Blaine

2014/5/17 9:12

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy