SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : New home bible study??

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dolfan

Alabama

New home bible study??

Folks, my wife mentioned to me today that the Holy Spirit may be speaking to her about a home bible study in our garage. She asked me to pray with her about it. We discussed it some months ago but never came to any decision to go forward. We have been content to do what we do within our local church.

When my wife says these kinds of things, I pay close attention because the Lord will often speak to me through her own communion with Him. We are praying about how to make our garage comfortable for that use. It is a functional 2 car garage but we currently store things in it and don't park in it. (Grills, bikes, tanning bed , miscellaneous stuff.). And, yes, we have an old tanning bed. :) We use it very rarely nowadays, but I use it when my psoriasis flares up.

Anyhow, we have some basic furnishings to spare that we can use, and we will probably install garage door insulation panels, buy a portable AC ( I have two good portable heaters that will work in colder months), and do some painting, including painting the concrete floor.

Please pray with us about this. It seems like the thing to do but we don't want to be emotion driven about it.

2014/5/7 22:53Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Online!
 Re: New home bible study??

Hi Dolfan,

Good to hear that things are continuing to move forward in this direction for you. Hope you all have come through the difficult time with your wife's mother's passing with peace.

Why the garage for the bible study and not your house? Just interested to know, as I also thought you already had a home meeting in your house.

I will continue to pray. God bless.

2014/5/8 4:33Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re: New home bible study??

Hi Dave -- thank you for your prayers for my wife. She has testified so often in recent weeks how God keeps her in peace in the grief. I'll say that I have been amazed by it myself. She is too. God is good and the heartache is real but the pain is overwhelmed in peace. That is how she describes it. So we are indeed thankful.

As to the home meeting, the meetings that we do on Friday nights are at our church. We have a fellowship hall type building, separate from the main church building, with a youth room that is fully equipped for its own services. We meet in a sort of lounge corner of that room, where there are couches and chairs in a circle with lamps and everyone is comfortable where we sit, pray, discuss, exhort, read, etc. we have been doing this for almost 3 years, except not in that exact format.

The garage would simply be larger is the reason for doing it there in our home. We don't live in a large home. But the garage would be the largest indoor space in the house. And it would accommodate several people comfortably.

2014/5/8 7:19Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy