SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : The USA is on thin ice!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

The USA is on thin ice!

According to this article the USA is aligning itself for the curse that God promised to all who do not bless His chosen people Israel. Regardless of how blessed we have been in the past, we are now treading on thin ice. If we do not change this dangerous direction soon, our collapse is eminent.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/us-officials-even-if-israel-doesnt-like-it-palestinians-will-get-state/

2014/5/3 11:38Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: The USA is on thin ice!

US officials: Even if Israel doesn’t like it, Palestinians will get state
In anonymous briefing to top columnist, members of Kerry’s team slam Netanyahu, empathize with Abbas, warn Palestine will rise ‘whether through violence or via int’l organizations’

===

2014/5/3 11:41Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

We are going to collapse anyway. It is not our relationship with Israel, but with Christ.

Psalm 9:17 says, "The wicked shall return to Sheol, all the nations that forget God." America is populated with people who not only "forget God" but who actually do not "like to retain God in their thoughts". Romans 1:28. Being given over to debasement, reprobation is America's legacy. It was founded in greed, rebellion, lust for power and wealth, and has been succeeded by the children of those evil ways by producing a society bent on self, deceived by the prince of the power of the air and opposed to Christ. On its best day, America and every other nation on Earth is opposed to the kingdom of God.

If America rushed to Israel's defense, it wouldn't slow down the carnage of its own ways.

2014/5/3 23:07Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Dolfan,

Your post made me think of this passage in Ezekiel where God outlines the 7 levels (or depths) of iniquity to which Sodom descended. Throughout history societies have repeated the same cycle and God has brought about the collapse of many such once great and prosperous societies.

Eze 16:49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
Eze 16:50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

We have long ago sunk into the depths of the first 3 levels:

1) Pride
2) Fullness of bread
3) Abundance of idleness.

Where in the past we devoted a much larger percentage of our earnings to helping the poor and needy, now we are more and more sinking into the depths of level #4:

4) Not strengthening the hand of the poor and needy.

I have heard from statistics that with what we spend on our pets, we could abolish hunger on the planet.

The “pride inside” that we have nurtured for so long has developed into a full blown case of #5:

5) Haughtiness

Haughtiness carries with it a sense of invincibility. It is a daring depth of out-of-control pride that erupts into an incurably violent case of #6:

6) Committing abomination

Which has become more and more common and accepted as perfectly normal in this nation; therefore, the only next step is #7:

7) I took them away as I saw good.

God has “taken away” many different social structures down through the centuries when they followed the same sequence of steps which landed them in the collapse of #7. The only society that God has not allowed the total #7 complete destruction on throughout history has been Israel. He has on many occasions taken away ALMOST all of them but He has always left a few to repopulate the 12 tribes of Israel because of His promises to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

One of those promises is what I based my post on:

Gen 12:1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:
Gen 12:2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
Gen 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

I believe that one of the main reasons that the USA has traditionally shown favor to and blessed Israel is because of the Biblical understanding that we carried for so many years. Now that we are wallowing in the filth of levels 5 and 6 of the Sodomite progression, we are daring to link our hearts with those who curse a people that God has eternally chosen to bless.

It is intriguing that God used Abraham and his ragtag army of 318 servants to rescue Sodom and 4 other kingdoms from a group of 4 kings and their armies that had defeated them (in Genesis Ch. 14). At that point the king of Sodom was so glad to be alive that he was willing to give all of their earthly possessions to Abraham, yet even after such a victorious rescue, they were so deep into levels 1, 2, & 3 that shortly afterwards, levels 4, 5, & 6 developed so intensively that God had to come down and execute level #7.

2014/5/4 0:56Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy