Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Things with Russia

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

I am afraid that I one of those drawn to historical and political discussions. Having studied history with an emphasis on modern history from World War 2 up until the present, such discussions have and attraction to me. There is a brother in the forum, that if we allowed ourselves we could discuss World War 2 history from now until the Lord returns.

But we must always remember that history is His Story. and the greatest story is the redemptive work of Jesus Christ on the cross for sinners. As such world events should be viewed through the cross of Jesus Christ.

Regarding the Ukraine, this nation is known as the Bible Belt of Eastern Europe. During the Soviet occupation of this nation the Ukrainian evangelical church suffered much persecution. But they continued to endure and spread the gospel. After the fall of communism and the breakup of the Soviet Union, the Ukraine became the hub of evangelical activity. Mission groups such as the Slovak Gospel Association had their headquarters in the Ukraine. Gospel training centers and Bible schools were set up to train missionaries to go out into Eastern Europe and Russia. Gospel publishing houses were set up to print and distribute evangelical literature. Thus the Ukraine did earn the nickname, Bible Belt of Eastern Europe.

But where there is a flurry of evangelical activity and souls are being saved. The enemy is going to counterattack and silence the witness of a gospel centered people. This happened in Korea, which was once known as to Jerusalem of the Pacific. Through the Japanese and later communist invasions which led to be split of North and South Korea, the gospel witness has been hindered.

Could this be what is happening in the Ukraine? Our struggle ultimately is not with flesh and blood. This is not a war that can be waged with freshly weapons. But this is ultimately a spiritual war that must be waged with prayer and the Word of God.

So indeed let us keep the Ukraine, especially the believers there, in our prayers.

Bearmaster

2014/5/3 8:17
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

I do like a good discussion on history and how the current affairs of our time play a part in the unfolding of HIS story. One of the reasons I appreciate Neil perspective is because I know he has a heart for JESUS and for Israel. I always enjoy reading his insights and thoughts on these kinds of topics. One thing I know for sure is he is praying with out ceasing on these matters.

It is interesting how far the roles have changed in some parts of the world they are embracing JESUS and dying so they can share the good news while here in this country(where we have all these freedoms) we have turned away from GOD. There are many here who profess a faith in CHRIST, they even attend church once a week but they are just as lost and deceived as the world. They do not truly know JESUS and have never truly encountered HIM for if they had we would not be in the place we are today as a nation with abortion, adultery, fornication, divorce, violence, homosexuality, ect.

I do want to continue to be in prayer for the Ukraine and the people in that country. I pray also for the leaders in our country that they might see their need for JESUS and repent. For me these things do indeed seem to be a sign of the times and a reminder to live in HIM daily, every moment of every day!

God bless
mj

2014/5/3 9:11Profile

Re:

I am trying to reframe from posting on temporal current events. But after Neil posted the report on the Ukraine Sliding into Civil War. I see that Lorddoitagain is correct. There are two sides to the story.

The response that Chancellor Merkel got from President Obama to sit and talk face to face with Putin to attempt to defuse the Ukranian situation is disturbing. Namely President Obama is not willing to listen to reason, even from our allies. But he seems hell bent on pursuing a course of a confrontation with Russia that would surely have disastrous results for this nation. Frankly I am more concerned about our President than Putin. I almost think the President would welcome a war with Russia and God have mercy on us should that happen.

All right speaking from a spiritual frame of mind. Russia could very well be God`s instrument to bring our nation under His judgement. Russia could be God`s instrument to bring the American church to repentance. Do I desire this. No. But looking at things as they are. I wonder.

May the remnant continue to be in much prayer as to the outcome of the Ukranian crisis. Dear Lord, May your will be done. On earth as it is on heaven.

My thoughts.

Bearmaster.

2014/5/4 11:18
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Bear

As I read the news this morning about Chancellor Merkle and then Neil's post I began to think is it possible that GOD is in fact using the situation to bring judgement on our nation. I do not understand the unwillingness of the president to come and talk face to face when so much is at stake.

I am praying as well for GOD'S will to be done. People are dying daily and it will only grow much worse. Let us pray for all those involved to see their need to turn to JESUS before it is to late!

God bless
mj

2014/5/4 12:34Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Things with Russia

I have been both to Russia and Ukraine a number of times on business and run agencies there. Both Russia and Ukraine have very corrupt governments and corrupt business practices. There is a lot of injustice on both sides. The orthodox church is powerful and sinister in both countries. I think it is a form of judgment.

Let us take MaryJanes advice to pray for the country.

2014/5/4 13:37Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Things with Russia

deleted double submission

2014/5/4 13:37Profile

Re:

Even at their best government are corrupt. That is because the whole world live under the control of the evil one But I do agree the situation in the Ukraine calls for much prayer on the part of the intercessors.

Blaine

2014/5/4 14:21

getting worse

"US F-15 Intercepts Russian Strategic Bomber Near Guam"
'The commander of U.S. air forces in the Pacific is reporting a significant increase in activities by Russian planes and ships in the region.

Gen. Herbert Carlisle linked that to the situation in the Ukraine. He said Russia was demonstrating its capabilities and gathering intelligence on U.S. military exercises.

Carlisle said there had been long-range Russian air patrols to the coast of California and a circumnavigation of the U.S. Pacific territory of Guam. He said a U.S. F-15 fighter jet intercepted a Russian strategic bomber that had flown to Guam.

He also reported a sharp increase in Russian air patrols around Japanese islands and Korea."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-05/us-f-15-intercepts-russian-strategic-bomber-near-guam

----------------------------------------------------

incisive commentary from Paul Craig Roberts

"Washington Intends Russia’s Demise

Paul Craig Roberts

Washington has no intention of allowing the crisis in Ukraine to be resolved. Having failed to seize the country and evict Russia from its Black Sea naval base, Washington sees new opportunities in the crisis.

One is to restart the Cold War by forcing the Russian government to occupy the Russian-speaking areas of present day Ukraine where protesters are objecting to the stooge anti-Russian government installed in Kiev by the American coup. These areas of Ukraine are former constituent parts of Russia herself. They were attached to Ukraine by Soviet leaders in the 20th century when both Ukraine and Russia were part of the same country, the USSR.

Essentially, the protesters have established independent governments in the cities. The
police and military units sent to suppress the protesters, called “terrorists” in the American fashion, for the most part have until now defected to the protesters.

With Obama’s incompetent White House and State Department having botched Washington’s takeover of Ukraine, Washington has been at work shifting the blame to Russia. According to Washington and its presstitute media, the protests are orchestrated by the Russian government and have no sincere basis. If Russia sends in military units to protect the Russian citizens in the former Russian territories, the act will be used by Washington to confirm Washington’s propaganda of a Russian invasion (as in the case of Georgia), and Russia will be further demonized.

The Russian government is in a predicament. Moscow does not want financial responsibility for these territories but cannot stand aside and permit Russians to be put down by force. The Russian government has attempted to keep Ukraine intact, relying on the forthcoming elections in Ukraine to bring to office more realistic leaders than the stooges installed by Washington.

However, Washington does not want an election that might replace its stooges and return to cooperating with Russia to resolve the situation. There is a good chance that Washington will tell its stooges in Kiev to declare that the crisis brought to Ukraine by Russia prevents an election. Washington’s NATO puppet states would back up this claim.

It is almost certain that despite the Russian government’s hopes, the Russian government is faced with the continuation of both the crisis and Washington puppet government in Ukraine.

On May 1 Washington’s former ambassador to Russia, now NATO’s “second-in-command” but the person who, being American, calls the shots, has declared Russia to no longer be a partner but an enemy. The American, Alexander Vershbow, told journalists that NATO has given up on “drawing Moscow closer” and soon will deploy a large number of combat forces in Eastern Europe. Vershbow called this aggressive policy deployment of “defensive assets to the region.”

rest of commentary:
http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2014/05/02/washington-intends-russias-demise-paul-craig-roberts/

(btw...Mr Roberts was a member of President Reagan's administration)

-----------------------------------------------------------

2014/5/5 18:59
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: getting worse

Quote:
I have been both to Russia and Ukraine a number of times on business and run agencies there. Both Russia and Ukraine have very corrupt governments and corrupt business practices. There is a lot of injustice on both sides. The orthodox church is powerful and sinister in both countries. I think it is a form of judgment.

Agreed brother my visit to Ukraine when it was stable seemed unstable.

2014/5/5 19:33Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy